• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Likes [Poll]

The Like Button ...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It would be great if there was a 'dislike' button. Might cause fights and flounces though.

will everyone stop liking my posts please, im starting to feel like katy perry
Awwwww!:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:x1000

EnolaGaia, stuneville, henry and 200 others liked this

Possibly this was/is a northern thing, but back when I was at school the word ‘like’ – employed with the correct tone – could be synonymous with ‘as if’: as in ‘yeah, right...as if!’ (Also more or less interchangeable with the phrase ‘Jimmy Hill’, when accompanied by a slowly stroked chin.)

Used in this way it means that no-one will ever know if my ‘likes’ are ‘I like that’ or ‘yeah, right – load of bollocks mate’.

Unfortunately of course, this is reciprocal: that initial warm feeling I experience on believing that someone has shown their appreciation of my intellect, erudition and rapier wit is almost immediately superseded by a niggling anxiety that people are actually saying ‘Spook, my friend, you really do talk complete and utter shite’.

Another reason why the internet is making us all more paranoid.

Unfortunately of course, this is reciprocal: that initial warm feeling I experience on believing that someone has shown their appreciation of my intellect, erudition and rapier wit is almost immediately superseded by a niggling anxiety that people are actually saying ‘Spook, my friend, you really do talk complete and utter shite’.

All likes from me are so cringingly earnest that all Brits should feel awkward when they get one. :cool:

I like the like button. I could be missing something as I don't do social media but I use it instead of spamming threads with posts saying "thanks for for reply" or "haha funny joke" or "you hit the nail on the head there pal" etc. It seem to me to be how other people use it too! Keeps the whole place neater. It didn't occur to me that some people would go radge over it. Henry your posts must be extremely funny/insightful/helpful. I'd be pleased with that if I were you! :cool:

I could be missing something as I don't do social media
One of the reasons I am not on social media.
like it or not, the forum now has social media status, due to functionality such as like, profile posts, trophy points etc etc ... all of which flim flam is a noisy distraction from the meat of the site ... its possible to be social online without all that frippery ... as per the old forum

I like the like button. I could be missing something as I don't do social media but I use it instead of spamming threads with posts saying "thanks for for reply" or "haha funny joke" or "you hit the nail on the head there pal" etc. It seem to me to be how other people use it too! Keeps the whole place neater. It didn't occur to me that some people would go radge over it. Henry your posts must be extremely funny/insightful/helpful. I'd be pleased with that if I were you! :cool:
^^This^^
:twisted:

Back