• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

London Bombings: Conspiracies

Only idle speculation i realise, and i graspwhat you're saying about the inhumane and eschatological mindsets.

I'm not speaking of unknown Muslims sympathisers who may get killed alongside everyone else, but rather specific individuals, known to the perpetrators as fellow-terrorists or spiritual leaders but not 'in on' the operation.

Is that any clearer?

Perhaps as a parallel, hypothetical scenario: if i was in Hisbolla and i had the opportunity to blow-up a Israeli Politician or high-ranking soldier but only in the vicinity of other members of my group (who aren't involved and are ignorant of the plot), would i be of the mindset to tell them not to be in the area at given time and date?

Personally I'd be very surprised if the perpetrators tried to warn anyone who wasn't intimately involved in the plot. The risks would just be too great.

Yithian:
I'm not speaking of unknown Muslims sympathisers who may get killed alongside everyone else, but rather specific individuals, known to the perpetrators as fellow-terrorists or spiritual leaders but not 'in on' the operation.

Is that any clearer?

Yes, I see what you were asking, now.

Perhaps as a parallel, hypothetical scenario: if i was in Hisbolla and i had the opportunity to blow-up a Israeli Politician or high-ranking soldier but only in the vicinity of other members of my group (who aren't involved and are ignorant of the plot), would i be of the mindset to tell them not to be in the area at given time and date?

That's an interesting scenario. Who knows?

A while back, there was a pretty good documentary done in which suicide bombers (who had either flubbed or survived their attempted attack,) were interviewed in Israeli prisons. (It was on Public Broadcasting here, IIRC.)

I watched it, and that is the only thing I would have to base any speculation on that type of thinking. Parts of it were really sad...young men with no hope of anything else, promised that their families would be paid substantial sums of money ("substantial"--not by U.S. or U.K. standards,) but also promised the (by now stereotyped) virgins in heaven....and now they were homesick, humilaited by their failure---but also knowing that even if they were released, they could never return home because of their failure.

The incredible naivete of one man was truly depressing. He awoke in an Israeli hospital after he fainted thinking the bomb he was wearing had detonated....only to find Israeli doctors standing over him. Being a brightly lit and white operating room...he thought he had attained eternal grace with Allah....he couldn't be convinced otherwise. Until an Israeli doctor asked him, "Are there Jews in heaven?"

Then he acknowledged his fate.

If you are dealing with that type of unquestioning acceptance in a suicide bomber/murderer, I wuld conjecture that IF they were instructed to kill the politician, and IF there was another operative in the area....that the bomber would go ahead, and let it all get sorted out in Paradise.

I don't believe this has been mentioned here, and I'm wondering if any of you heard this BBC Radio 5 broadcast on the evening of July 7:

On a BBC Radio 5 interview that aired on the evening of the 7th, the host interviewed Peter Power, Managing Director of Visor Consultants, which bills itself as a 'crisis management' advice company, better known to you and I as a PR firm.

Peter Power was a former Scotland Yard official, working at one time with the Anti Terrorist Branch.

Power told the host that at the exact same time that the London bombings were taking place, his company was running a 1,000 person strong exercise which drilled the London Underground being bombed at the exact same locations, at the exact same times, as happened in real life . . . The fact that the exercise mirrored the exact locations and times of the bombings is light years beyond a coincidence..

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/july2005/090705bombingexercises.htm

If this information is accurate, it sheds a whole new light on how the "real operation" could have taken place. What are your thoughts?

vogel7fire said:
I don't believe this has been mentioned here, and I'm wondering if any of you heard this BBC Radio 5 broadcast on the evening of July 7:

On a BBC Radio 5 interview that aired on the evening of the 7th, the host interviewed Peter Power, Managing Director of Visor Consultants, which bills itself as a 'crisis management' advice company, better known to you and I as a PR firm.

Peter Power was a former Scotland Yard official, working at one time with the Anti Terrorist Branch.

Power told the host that at the exact same time that the London bombings were taking place, his company was running a 1,000 person strong exercise which drilled the London Underground being bombed at the exact same locations, at the exact same times, as happened in real life . . . The fact that the exercise mirrored the exact locations and times of the bombings is light years beyond a coincidence..

If this information is accurate, it sheds a whole new light on how the "real operation" could have taken place. What are your thoughts?
Well, someone going on a national, BBC broadcast radio station to announce the fact kind of knocks any conspiracy angle out of the water. It does stretch credibility that it could be coincidental, though..

Given the history of terrorist atrocities, and wartime bombings, we as a nation have had to endure, I can't, honestly, for one minute conceive that any British Government (of any denomination) would even consider faking an attack of this nature. However, the idea that it was opportunistically used as a springboard by a rogue element in any one of the quango "consultancies" so beloved of the Blair administration... I find that relatively easy to believe :(.

vogel7fire said:

Its interesting but there is nothing I can find on the Beeb's site and nearly every news report quotes the above source:

http://news.google.com/news?q=%22Peter+Power%22+london

As well as what Stu says my main question would be why would anyone do this?

To rub our noses in it? To put up a big sign saying "we did it!!"?

It in some ways argues against the conspiracy position because it would have been a stupid thing to do.

One wonders about Peter Power (does that not sound a tad sus?) - is he just overstating the links for cheap publicity? That in itself seems unwise as it has the potential to rebound on him badly.

All very odd.

POWER: At half past nine this morning we were actually running an exercise for a company of over a thousand people in London based on simultaneous bombs going off precisely at the railway stations where it happened this morning, so I still have the hairs on the back of my neck standing up right now.

HOST: To get this quite straight, you were running an exercise to see how you would cope with this and it happened while you were running the exercise?

POWER: Precisely, and it was about half past nine this morning, we planned this for a company and for obvious reasons I don't want to reveal their name but they're listening and they'll know it. And we had a room full of crisis managers for the first time they'd met and so within five minutes we made a pretty rapid decision that this is the real one and so we went through the correct drills of activating crisis management procedures to jump from slow time to quick time thinking and so on.

This is from the article EMPS posted above

Just a thought but does anyone remember at WTC 911 the fireservice had just run an exercise on disasters around the WTC one week before the HIts

yet more coindences ?

I would also like to point out that the Madrid bombings that are being used to link our London bombings to AK are not without there own issues.

2 of the people who were blown up later I beleive were thought to be working for the secret service and not AK.

Just a thought

Canary Wharf shootings. Rumours. News stories.

'Police shot bombers' reports New Zealander

A New Zealander working for Reuters in London says two colleagues witnessed the unconfirmed shooting by police of two apparent suicide bombers outside the HSBC tower at Canary Wharf in London.

The New Zealander, who did not want to be named, said the killing of the two men wearing bombs happened at 10.30am on Thursday (London time).

Following the shooting, the 8000 workers in the 44-storey tower were told to stay away from windows and remain in the building for at least six hours, the New Zealand man said.

He was not prepared to give the names of his two English colleagues, who he said witnessed the shooting from a building across the road from the tower.

Reports of attacks carried out by suicide bombers have been rife in London.

Canada's Globe and Mail newspaper reported an unconfirmed incident of police shooting a bomber outside the HSBC tower.

Canadian Brendan Spinks, who works on the 18th floor of the tower, said he saw a "massive rush of policemen" outside the building after London was rocked by the bombings.

Peresonally, I can't see it being anything other than nonsense.
There would be an overwhelm9ing amount of potential witnesses at that time of the morning, should anything like this have happened. Any clues?

Source:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_i ... D=10334992

A colleague over at another of the investment banks at the wharf was convinced this had taken place at his building because security told him it happened and given as a reason why no-one could leave the building (perhaps that's where it started). On the train home on Thursday I overheard a conversation a young lady was having with a friend who told her it was yet another bank where it had happened (again though on the wharf).

I think to be fair things were so confused and people were so genuinely scared that almost anything from a semi-official source was being taken as gospel and with the miracle of email was being dispersed.

I fell for it to be honest, in the first few hours after the attacks it seemed plausible, however in retrospect it just doesn't fit in with the pattern of the other attacks so I would have to say it's more likely an overvealous security guard's invention.

I think it's been covered on another thread, but possibly warrants its own.

This was reported by reputable news agencies but seems to be nonsense. I have friends who work at Canary Wharf and others who got the river taxi there before walking home. None of them saw or heard anything which would suggest there had been a shooting.

Not really sure how this one got started...

Same here - as I mentioned on the other thread, a friend of mine works in the HSBC tower and there were no security threats and they were allowed to go home early. One wonders if such stories started up as the area was suggested last year that it could be targetted in a terrorist attack.

July 10, 2005

Terror in London

Halting the rumour mill

After the explosions “urban myths” circulated

The public were told Tube problems had been caused by “power surges”.

Myth:
Underground staff use the phrase as a codeword for a terrorist attack

Reality: Staff initially thought a Tube train had derailed and cut through a cable

Mobile phones across London did not work for two hours after the explosions

Myth:
Mobile phone networks were shut to stop phones being used to detonate bombs

Reality: The networks gave priority to calls from the emergency services

Canary Wharf offices were evacuated

Myth:
One of the bombers had been shot.

Reality: Police feared a high-rise office bomb

Confusion spread over the exact number of explosions

Myth:
Seven bombs were set off on the seventh day of the seventh month

Reality: Four bombs went off, although police named six or seven possible areas

Copyright 2005 Times Newspapers Ltd.

The public were told Tube problems had been caused by “power surges”.

Myth: Underground staff use the phrase as a codeword for a terrorist attack

Reality: Staff initially thought a Tube train had derailed and cut through a cable

I take this one with a pinch of salt - although the station staff I spoke to at Baker Street at the time seemed genuinely confused as to what had happened, I think that the "power surges" story - which continued to be reported even after the bus had exploded - was a deliberate tactic to stop people stuck on trains from panicking.

I suspect "power surges" may be another "Inspector Sands"! (Those who travel regularly by Underground will know what I mean)

Re: Canary Wharf shootings. Rumours. News stories.

I mean just look at the source:

nightsod said:
A New Zealander working for Reuters in London says two colleagues witnessed the unconfirmed shooting by police of two apparent suicide bombers outside the HSBC tower at Canary Wharf in London.

The New Zealander, who did not want to be named, said the killing of the two men wearing bombs happened at 10.30am on Thursday (London time).

An unnamed guy says that two people he knew told him this happened - what amazes me is that people will actually publish something that holds up a big sign saying FOAF.

People are confirming what I'd thought. ie: that this story at least is most likely utter kak. However.
A coiple of people in our office claim thirdhand info on the (non)happening -
No first hand accounts, however. So I'm guessing this rumour is spreading via more than just unsubstantiated press clippings....

the start of misinformation

there will be plenty more to confuse the public

This will enable the government to sway public opinion and back more stringent options against terrorism

including ID cards and the Terror bill they did,nt get thro last parliment

Bah - nonsense.

What's more likely is that, as the event only took place a few days ago and that the investigations are still on-going, lots of ideas are being thrown into the gap until such time as a better understanding of the events is available. Add in a dash of rumour and foaflore, and it's no surprise that all sorts of stories crop up. This hardly smacks of a misinformation campaign :roll:

Idea's thrown into the gap

hmmmm

Whats wrong with free thinking all of a sudden.

Do you think we should all just accept what Sky News tell us ?

Could this have been the reason why there was apparently a police presence at Canary Wharf last week?

November 24, 2004

How al-Qaeda's London plot was foiled

By Michael Evans and Sean O'Neill

AL-QAEDA terrorists had to abandon a plan to fly hijacked airliners into Canary Wharf, the London skyscraper, and Heathrow airport after being “rumbled” by British and European intelligence services.

The plot was made public this year but senior Whitehall sources gave further details yesterday of the intelligence work involved.

Reports on ITV News and in a newspaper implied that the attacks had been thwarted recently. But, the sources said, the intelligence operation was in fact completed at least two years ago.

Plots against Canary Wharf, in London Docklands, and Heathrow were confirmed in July when intelligence officers in Pakistan found incriminating files on computers that belonged to one of al-Qaeda’s members.

Mohammed Naeem Noor Khan, 25, a suspected terrorist arrested after a raid in Lahore, Pakistan, was at the centre of al-Qaeda’s computer communications hub. He encrypted and distributed messages between the network’s leadership and agents around the world.

Among the files on Khan’s computers were a plan of the layout of Heathrow and information from reconnaissance of the Canary Wharf complex, including vehicle height restrictions for the underground car parks there.

There were also suggestions for “picture postcard” targets, such as the Houses of Parliament and Windsor Castle, and discussions of potential assassination targets. But the plots referred mainly to planning that pre-dated the attacks in New York and Washington on September 11, 2001.

Whitehall sources said that a huge intelligence operation was also mounted after Sept-ember 11 when it was feared that al-Qaeda would try a similar hijacking over Britain. The sources said that there was credible intelligence that al-Qaeda planners were preparing to send a hijacking team to the UK.

To foil the terrorists, checks were carried out at airports and flying schools in Britain and also in countries in Central and Eastern Europe, from where it was believed that al-Qaeda members might set off.

Further checks on flying schools have been carried out in the past six months as part of continuing anti-terrorist operations.

“They were rumbled,” a source said. “We believe that al-Qaeda recognised that aviation security in the UK was too tight for a repeat of the September 11 attacks in this country and that it was too difficult to hijack an aircraft in our airspace.

“Our firm belief is that the Heathrow and Canary Wharf plot is no longer extant. There is absolutely no evidence of any recent plotting against either of these targets. All the intelligence we had dates back at least two years.”

Some of the key people who were involved in planning the Heathrow and Canary Wharf plots were also by now either “deceased or arrested”. The arrests had taken place outside Britain.

Anti-terrorist agencies also said that there was no intelligence of any current suicide hijacking plot against targets in Britain. Scotland Yard sources were “bemused” by suggestions of a current plot.

Downing Street and the Home Office, stinging from reports that ministers are trying to create a climate of fear before next year’s election, distanced themselves from the story.

A police source said: “If there was information that Canary Wharf was to be attacked, then I think that we would know. There is no credence to reports of any current threat.”

Copyright 2005 Times Newspapers Ltd.

Techybloke said:
Idea's thrown into the gap

hmmmm

Whats wrong with free thinking all of a sudden.

Do you think we should all just accept what Sky News tell us ?

Dunno, I don't watch Sky News. All I was saying is that speculation about some sort of 'misinformation' going on is a bit daft when the recent events are still being investigated - and it seems that alot of rumour and foaflore is flying around because we still don't have a big picture. Rumour and foaflore tend to come to the fore in such situations, which doesn't mean that there is a 'misinformation campaign' going on (and such a term implies that someone somewhere is disseminating such stories purposely).

I'm a bit surprised that one of the classic foaftales has not yet reared its head... you know the one where the foaf does some sort of good turn for a stranger who them warns them not to travel on the Tube on a particular day...

Give it time I suppose

Thats a fair comment Jerry But "the BIG PICTURE" is usally what we end up listening to on the mainstream news channels.

Its the bits of stories and what I would call missinformation and the like that make these kinds of disasters possible conspiracies.

All we tend to get is
AQ were linked
Madrid and London is similar
Bush says war on terror must go on blah blah

I,m not saying this is anything other than what it appears but we need to think about all the info and I was just saying some of it sounded set up to lead people up the garden path.

Techybloke said:
Thats a fair comment Jerry But "the BIG PICTURE" is usally what we end up listening to on the mainstream news channels.

No, it's not - it's a media viewpoint on what happened. This isn't the big picture. It's one picture. So all the various stories and ideas flying about at the moment are speculation - and not some nefarious 'misinformation campaign'.

Quake said:
As is the ever-present Israeli connection, a staple among
false flag operations. Before today's attack, the Israeli
Embassy in London was notified an attack was forthcoming.

police had warned the Israelis (but not the rest
of the city?) of a pending attack.

No doubt no London Jews went to work on Thursday either because they had been pre-warned by the shadowy, secret order of the...

Oh for heaven's sake. More anti-semitic rubbish. Does anyone seriously believe that this was orchestrated by US/Britisih/Israeli/ Martian security services rather than a handful of inadequate religious freaks with too much time on their hands?

Grrrr :evil: [/b]

Whilst I find racism in all its forms totally repulsive, I find cries of "ANTI SEMITISM!!" every time anyone says anything bad about Isreal almost as bad. Can these people do no wrong?

Moroccan named by newspapers as suspect condemns attacks

greets

Moroccan named by newspapers as suspect condemns attacks

Man said to be on the run was at home in London

Vikram Dodd
Monday July 11, 2005
The Guardian

A man named as a prime suspect in the London bombings and alleged to be on the run has told the Guardian he has never been involved in terrorism and condemns the attacks.

Anti-terrorism officers were reportedly hunting for Mohammed el Guerbozi, who was alleged to be hiding in France after disappearing from his north London home a year ago.

In fact when Mr Guerbozi rang a local police station in London on Saturday he was put on hold, he said, for so long that he finally put the phone down.

He said that far from being on the run from the British authorities over the past year, he was treated in March by the NHS for a leg complaint at St Mary's hospital, in London.

Mr Guerbozi came to Britain as a teenager in 1974 from his native Morocco. In his absence, he was convicted in Morocco of involvement in the 2003 Casablanca bombing, which killed 45 people. He said he was being smeared because of his vocal opposition to the country's regime.

At the time of the London bombings, he was being interviewed in the London studios of an Islamic television channel, the channel confirmed yesterday.

Newspapers have linked him to the Madrid bombings, claiming one terrorist rang a mobile phone registered to Mr Guerbozi, an allegation he described as rubbish.

He denied claims he was a senior figure in the Group of Islamic Combatants of Morocco, a radical group opposed to the Moroccan regime, and said he did not know any of its leaders.

Mr Guerbozi, 48, said he had been living at his Kilburn flat with his wife and six children during the time he was alleged to have been on the run.

He condemned the newspapers that named him as a suspect in both the London and Madrid bombings: "I've been shocked about this news. The newspapers write this without any interview [with me] or checking. They don't care."

Mr Guerbozi said he had twice been seen by MI5 officers, once in 2003, but had never been interviewed about specific terrorists attacks: "I've never been in trouble with the police."

He said he worked as a cook but had been off work following the leg operation.

He also condemned the terrorists, and said of the victims, "they were people going to work, it could have been me, my friends or relatives".

He added: "Over 30 years I have lived in Britain, I have never been involved in violence, or crime. How can you support violence? It is silly."

Having been twice wrongly linked, he said, to the atrocities in London and Madrid, he feared reprisals. "I'm scared for my safety.

"Now the same thing has happened, the newspapers, it's like they've copied the same piece as before ... they said I'm hiding in France - I am here in London, in Kilburn."

He knew the cleric Abu Qatada, accused of being Osama bin Laden's righthand man in Europe and currently subject of a government control order, suspected of links to terrorism.

He denied a claim that he had visited Afghanistan, and said four visits to Pakistan were linked to charity work. He also said he was baffled by reports he was a firebrand cleric, saying he was not a cleric. "I'm not very well educated."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/attackonlondon/story/0,16132,1525777,00.html

(an attempt at disnfo being discovered?)

mal

greets

further to peter power and visor consultants
(from a quick google)

Visor Consultants
Managing Director - Peter Power
Peter Power

Peter Power
BA FIRM FCMI FEPS FBCI

Peter Power is Managing Director of Visor Consultants Limited based in Piccadilly, London. He has considerable front-line crisis experience and is, uniquely, a Fellow of the Emergency Planning Society, Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute, Fellow of the Business Continuity Institute, Fellow of the Institute of Risk Management and a member of the Guild of Freemen of the City of London.

Peter is very well known as an authoritative and entertaining presenter and writer, who speaks frequently on UK TV & Radio. He is the author of the present UK Govt. (DTI) advice booklet 'Preventing Chaos in a Crisis' and the new British Bankers Association / KPMG guide on Crisis Management. He is the Founding Chairman of the Survive Crisis Mgt. Special Interest Group, and is also engaged as a Special Advisor to a number of key organisations including the Canadian Centre for Emergency Preparedness, Disaster Management Forum (UK) and the Business Continuity (BC) Institute London Forum.

Peter has a senior Scotland Yard background which includes setting up the multi agency operational management structure at the Kings Cross fire, secondment to the Anti Terrorist Branch, deputy forward control coordinator at the Libyan People Bureau siege and leading the team behind the existing police street philosophy for dealing with terrorist bombs. He is also the primary author / promulgator of the present UK Police command methodology Gold, Silver & Bronze and a founder member of the UK judging panel for BC Awards.

Peter lectures world wide on all aspects of Crisis Management (CM) & BC. His name also features in the bibliography to the new BC guide - PAS 56 - and in many similar guidebooks. He also talks extensively on perception, the impact of terrorism and effective Media Handling and is a regular panellist and contributor to many UK magazines on CM, Disaster Recovery, Crisis Creative Media Handling and Leadership. He is also engaged as a Special Advisor to the editorial board of Continuity Professional Magazine in the USA. In addition he is listed in the UK Register of Expert Witnesses.

Peter a true specialist exercise planner and facilitator as well as trainer, coach and motivator, often at executive level. He occasionally lectures at Reading University and has considerable experience in running workshops in several countries, as well as chairing conferences in academic and commercial environments. He is an accomplished after dinner speaker who draws on many years of direct experience to combine humour with valuable advice. He also wrote the British Institute of Facilities Management BC guide and was a previous award winner for BC 'personality of the year' (members of the Visor Consultants team have so far won 3 separate BC awards). Peter is in addition, the author of a key module within the MBA course at the College of Estate Management at Reading University.

Peter's recent appearances on TV and Radio include interviews on numerous live News broadcasts as well as documentaries, and taking part in the recent BBC TV Panorama current affairs programme examining the impact of terrorism on London. He is specifically quoted on the BBC web site in relation to his role at the scene of several previous major incidents in the UK.

http://www.visorconsultants.com/teamvisor_peter-power.html

the rest of the Visor consultants website is interesting too.

their head office is in piccadilly, london

mal

Letter to David Icke's website (In the section which is supposed to be News headlines but in fact is mostly fanboy book reviews)

THE SAME ONLY STORY ... THE CAMERAS ARE EVERYWHERE, BUT THEY NEVER WORK WHEN THEY WOULD REVEAL THE TRUTH ... (REMEMBER DIANA IN PARIS?)

Dear David

Any Londoner will tell you that in the last couple of years there has been a fervent CCTV camera campaign on buses to counter criminal activity which has skyrocketed on public transport recently. All buses are now fully decked out with CCTV cameras and pictures from these cameras are often aired on the news to highlight criminal activity. I was watching the UK ITV news last night and was not surprised to discover that all the CCTV cameras on the London bus that was bombed last week happened to not be working when the bombing took place - how convenient! Talk about an aptly placed CCTV tea break! They really do think we're idiots - well they better watch out 'cos The Rainbow Tribe is Rising and their Veil of Illusion is dissipating into The Winds of Truth!

Much love and Courage,

Rory x

I'm not surprised that its not working either but not because of any conspiracy. Just the normal level of maintenance on the buses.

Back