Medical Mysteries, Bizarre Cases

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Last edited:

hunck

Justified & Ancient
Man hospitalised with permanent erection

A man in Wales has been hospitalised for more than two weeks with an awkward condition that has left him with a permanent erection. Danny Polaris tried an erection-enhancing drug which was injected into his penis. “I thought, why not, what could possibly go wrong?” he said. “It's one of the worst decisions of my life.”

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Castration Goes Wrong, Amateur Surgeon Arrested:

Considering castration?

If so, perhaps you should trust this delicate medical procedure to someone other than a 74-year-old fetishist you met online.

Responding to a Florida residence late Sunday night following a 911 hang-up call, police encountered homeowner Gary Van Ryswyk at the front door. The retiree explained that he “had that evening performed a castration to a male subject within the residence.”

"Just a little prick with a needle..."

Police then located the patient in the guest bedroom, where the man “was holding a bloody towel to his groin region.” On a table next to the bed was a jar containing the man’s testicles, according to an arrest report.

Since he was bleeding uncontrollably, the patient was flown to a Tampa hospital for “life saving measures.”

Van Ryswyk told cops that he met the patient through a web site for those interested in the eunuch lifestyle.

Van Ryswyk, who has no medical training, told police that when he was “younger and living on a farm,” he would have to “perform castrations on animals to include bulls and such.” Noting that “castration was a fetish of his as well,” Van Ryswyk added that he had “removed his own right testicle during the year 2012.”

A search of Van Ryswyk’s home in Sebring located a room that was “set up as a make shift surgical room,” complete with “cutting implements, gauzes, substances to clot blood, needles, and clamps used to restrict the blood flow to the testicles.”

Van Ryswyk, cops reported, said that during the botched castration he used “pain killer medication he bought from England through the internet.”

http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/bizarre/botched-home-surgery-370529

maximus otter

Argh! In the early days of the internet, a certain message-board was often featured in jump-lists of crazy things one had to see.

Pictures took a while to download in those days, which is probably just as well. I have never forgotten the sequence of shots in which a man took out one of his testicles, skinned it and replaced it in his scrote! Not all the operations involved the spilling of blood. Would-be eunuchs were advised on how to obtain the powerful clamps, used for animal-castration.

There were plenty of active participants in the discussions and "cutters" who offered their services to "cuttees." There are plenty more Van Ryswyks out there! :jugg:

Edit: Footnote added with link 5 pm:

As a footnote, the following video is just one of many on Youtube which seem designed to celebrate the extreme cruelty of pig castration in India and the Philippines. Something you may well prefer not to see. It belongs in the Animal Cruelty thread but may not merit a separate post. I cannot find the original video I saw of this practice but it was even more horrible: the screaming piglet being tied upside-down to a post.
For some crazy reason, castration of piglets is often called "pig-circumcision" online.

Last edited:

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
"Water" or something akin to it obstructing causing sensations within your ear canal: Bad.

Learning there's actually a spider in there: Really Bad + Embarrassing.

Learning it's a famously venomous brown recluse spider: OMFG!!
Missouri woman's ear discomfort caused by brown recluse spider

A woman who went to a Missouri doctor complaining of water in her ear was shocked to be told it was actually a highly venomous brown recluse spider.

Susie Torres said she thought the discomfort in her left ear was being caused by some water, but she went to a clinic in Kansas City to have it checked out and began to worry when the medical assistant expressed concern.

"She ran out and said I'm going to get a couple more people," Torres told KSHB-TV. "She then said, 'I think you have an insect in there.'"

Torres said she was even more surprised a few minutes later.

"She came back in and told me it was a spider," Torres said. "They had a few tools and worked their magic and got it out."

Doctors told Torres it was a brown recluse spider -- a highly venomous species -- but it hadn't bitten the inside of her ear.

"I never thought they would crawl in your ear or any part of your body," Torres said.

Torres said she is taking some precautions while sleeping.

"I went and put some cotton balls in my ear last night, because I did not have any ear plugs," said Torres. "I'm pretty terrified of spiders."

A doctor in Vietnam recently helped a patient who came in with a similar complaint in June. Dr. Thuoc looked into the patient's ear at the clinic in Hai Duong and found a spider nesting inside.

Thuoc was able to use a light to lure the spider out of the woman's ear.
SOURCE: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2019/0...caused-by-brown-recluse-spider/4381566577758/