• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

and one was wearing a green beret so special forces,
That 'universal' rule only applies in the US Army (well, also to a number of non-UK Commonwealth and foreign armed forces, I admit)

UKSF only wear* green berets if they're RM-trained SBS (or have otherwise passed All Arms Cdo, failing which they wear navy-blue) & of course mainstream RM Cdo wear green berets. And the coloured berets for other SF troops are SAS sand/beige, grey berets (if SRR), of course maroon berets for Paras, and blue-grey for SDS.

'Unspecial' British wearers of green berets could include certain elements of the Adjutant General's Corps. And the Intelligence Corps. Or Ghurka Rifles. And probably others (if I really think hard) as the British Army is a very complex and curious beast. Oh, and the Royal Irish Regiment...they wear green caubeens. Which are Irish beret-bonnets.

UKSF don't really wear berets. Because they're invisible. No, really

This is looking out of our window looking north it's usually pitch black, but on some nights the sky behind the bungalows you can see lights up usually blue but can be different shades it can be so bright it lights the room, in this pic you can just make it out it was stronger in real life and gets much brighter some nights on others nothing can be seen.
Behind the other bungalows are 3 more rows of houses then 16 miles of Morecambe bay then the Lake district, I keep saying I will get in the car or take a walk down the front when it happens and see if I can decide what it is but by the time I get my kit on it as faded away, wife thinks it's a weak aurora I don't think it is but do think it's natural, I can only remember it happening in the last 2 or 3 years, more interesting than strange but what do you think, it is quite localised only usually visible behind the 2 or 3 bungalows right in front.

YZ08Du9.jpg

Who Keeps Nicking my Cutlery,
A few years ago almost all the forks disappeared, now all but a couple of dessert spoons have gone. there is only me here so it's not like i needed them all but but it would be nice to be asked first.
It's been very quiet here lately with nothing moving or disappearing, hoping this is a one off.

Who Keeps Nicking my Cutlery,
A few years ago almost all the forks disappeared, now all but a couple of dessert spoons have gone. there is only me here so it's not like i needed them all but but it would be nice to be asked first.
It's been very quiet here lately with nothing moving or disappearing, hoping this is a one off.
Well...I'd change my locks, if I were you...and buy a new set of cutlery.

All doors locked and securely bolted when i'm not home, tbh if anyone was so desperate for a set of spoons i'd have given them some.
OK. Have you had any signs of haunting or other weirdness?

OK. Have you had any signs of haunting or other weirdness?
I've got a white T Shirt with a graphic blue wave design that I really like. Every so often I'll rediscover it, put it on and then within 15 minutes remember why I can't wear it .. it makes my right nipple really sore .. it's always only the right nipple.

I've just forgotten again and put it on and sure enough, joggers nipple almost immediately. It's a synthetic feeling material but there's no label on it to say what that is. Out of stubbornness, I've just shaved my right nipple and stuck a couple of plaster over it so I can wear my shirt .. I might shave the rest of my chest and go all metrosexual later on, it's been decades since I've had a smooth chest. That might freak the Mrs out though.

Reactions: Ger
I've got a white T Shirt with a graphic blue wave design that I really like. Every so often I'll rediscover it, put it on and then within 15 minutes remember why I can't wear it .. it makes my right nipple really sore .. it's always only the right nipple.

I've just forgotten again and put it on and sure enough, joggers nipple almost immediately. It's a synthetic feeling material but there's no label on it to say what that is. Out of stubbornness, I've just shaved my right nipple and stuck a couple of plaster over it so I can wear my shirt .. I might shave the rest of my chest and go all metrosexual later on, it's been decades since I've had a smooth chest. That might freak the Mrs out though.
You're weird. :bananas:

No, it loves you. It's biting your nipple playfully.

I've got one of those shirts too, not the blue blue wave kind but the nipple pinching kind, left nipple in my case.

Years ago they used to set long lines on the bay and sometimes if you gave them a bit of a flick they would light up due to some bugs that caused bio luminescence it was greenish rather than blue but could have some bearing on it

Swifty yesterday before the waxing...

latest

The sky was lit up again last night about the same time this time it was brighter
the pic does not do it justice and much more localised, really must get motivated to
go down the front and see what it is.

u345zW8.jpg

How far are you from the coast? Is this facing the sea? Time it. I'd say it's probably a quarry works or something.

How far are you from the coast? Is this facing the sea? Time it. I'd say it's probably a quarry works or something.
Pic is taken looking North the sea is about 4/500 yards behind the bungalows then there's about 16 miles of sea then the coast of the south lakes.
Nothing last night even though it was a clear night.

The sky was lit up again last night about the same time this time it was brighter
the pic does not do it justice and much more localised, really must get motivated to
go down the front and see what it is.
Could it be light pollution, poss from some event going on in the lake district or surrounding area.
u345zW8.jpg

Possible but the nearest land is about 16 miles away and it can be very bright,
one problem is that it can disappear very quickly so by the time I get dressed it's gone.

This is looking out of our window looking north it's usually pitch black, but on some nights the sky behind the bungalows you can see lights up usually blue but can be different shades it can be so bright it lights the room, in this pic you can just make it out it was stronger in real life and gets much brighter some nights on others nothing can be seen.
Behind the other bungalows are 3 more rows of houses then 16 miles of Morecambe bay then the Lake district, I keep saying I will get in the car or take a walk down the front when it happens and see if I can decide what it is but by the time I get my kit on it as faded away, wife thinks it's a weak aurora I don't think it is but do think it's natural, I can only remember it happening in the last 2 or 3 years, more interesting than strange but what do you think, it is quite localised only usually visible behind the 2 or 3 bungalows right in front.

YZ08Du9.jpg
Get a cheap drone with a camera and film it from above.

Back