• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

JamesWhitehead said:
Thinking of names I have not seen lately, Timble came to mind.

Searching his posts, I found his last was 20.12.2013.

Here in Erroneous Beliefs.

It read,

"Catholics receive extreme unction,
Just before they cease to function."

I do hope he hasn't! :(

Oh dear! I hope hes ok.

theyithian said:
stuneville said:
Ghostdog(19) (aka Hook Innsmouth) - no sign since 2007.

I thought that Hook Innsmouth was one incarnation of Pietro/Androman???

So who was Emperor Zombie?

Jerry B also seems to have gone AWOL.

The mod Emperor? I'm pretty sure he is a yank. Last I've seen of him are his lists on imdb.

edit now that I think about emperor zombie was a different dude. They should both come back!

Met The Mighty Emperor once. Definitely a Brit. Tall, long haired, laconic goth sort of chap. Bit too laconic, maybe.

Definitely miss his input.

tonyblair11 said:
Ah That's right. I forgot that there hasn't been any mods from this side.
What do you mean? Of the pond? There was a likely contender, but he left do do real life stuff. Can't remember the name. Something to do with Batman?

For some strange reason - probably connected with my pre-digital origin - I regard posters' original names as authentic. Revelation that so-and-so is really so-and-so just seems to detract from their reality. Which was no more real than I am to begin with . . . :spinning

As a post-modernist, I'm really interested in the text or texts and the over all coherence of their intertextuality. I have accepted that the author's claims to some sort of independent existence can only be viewed with relation to a coherence with or to the text.

Signal to noise ratio, etc.

Your imagined identity as a post-modernist might have been assumed mischieveously by a contrary narrator with an agenda more innocently retrospective. :)

Pietro_Mercurios said:
tonyblair11 said:
What do you mean? Of the pond? There was a likely contender, but he left do do real life stuff. Can't remember the name. Something to do with Batman?

Yep maybe minor drag? or ruff-ready :D I always thought lopaka would do a good job.

I also demand that b eckjord prove that there are multitudes of baby bigfeet in the afterlife! :p

tonyblair11 said:
Pietro_Mercurios said:
tonyblair11 said:

Yep maybe minor drag? or ruff-ready :D I always thought lopaka would do a good job.

I also demand that b eckjord prove that there are multitudes of baby bigfeet in the afterlife! :p
Dark Detective was the US based mod (albeit a Brit who lived over there.) Emps (Mighty Emperor) was a British mod who lives in Britain who abruptly vanished.

Emperor Zombie was another nick of Ghostdog, following the software catastrophe that renamed everyone.

Minor Drag hasn't logged on in a long while, but I do know he's doing ok in real life. Ruff shows up from time to time but rarely posts.

Timble is alive and well and taking the mickey daily on Facebook and elsewhere. :D

I think in the many years I've been here I've probably forgotten more missing members than I can remember, Some that I do remember that are long gone are Pinklefish, Aunty Peach and Susan Bulmer.

Do you remember... Captain Buttock? :shock:

I often thought about him after his sudden disappearance. He vanished only partway into our serious investigation into the effect of bonemeal on the colour of faeces, after a long discussion about the glory days of white dog turds.

For ten years and more I wondered, and then... the great news filtered through.

Buttock lives!! :D

I don't think he's coming back here, but it's good to know that he is out there somewhere, still spreading the smut. ;)

Pinklefish walked (flapped?) a few years ago following a spat on one of the Iraq threads. Aunty Peach flounced in a similar manner (then came back a few times to point out that she'd gone - love it when people do that - before the software cock-up killed her ID altogether), and Susan Bulmer became Butterfly27, though she hasn't posted since '06.

ramonmercado said:
escargot1 said:
Timble is alive and well and taking the mickey daily on Facebook and elsewhere. :D

Lets extradite him back to the FTMB.
No - we signed the non-rendition agreement a long time ago and have stuck to it. Whilst there are many much missed, there are some we manage perfectly well without :).

Well, I for one still miss Inverurie Jones and Adam Rang! (But I can appreciate that a moderator may take an opposing perspective) - and Melf - and Stormkhan!

theyithian said:
Well, I for one still miss Inverurie Jones and Adam Rang! (But I can appreciate that a moderator may take an opposing perspective) - and Melf - and Stormkhan!

Ah, where is Stormkhan?

Hi, still alive and lurking just been have a bit of a taci turn recently.

Old Time Radio, StormKhan, MightyEmps, and Leaferne are the first ones who come to mind when I think of posters that I've missed.

Timble2 said:
Hi, still alive and lurking just been have a bit of a taci turn recently.

I am delighted to see this!

I've only just registered but have been lurking for years. Literally. And I've greatly enjoyed your posts.

MercuryCrest said:
Old Time Radio, StormKhan, MightyEmps, and Leaferne are the first ones who come to mind when I think of posters that I've missed.

Whatever happened Old TimeR?

Leaferne is a Facebook friend, Stormkhan is still about on Facebook, he runs a Doggy Deli with Elffriend. Melf got married to someone who was a mod on here for a while but can't remember her name, last I heard they were living in Manchester and had a baby.

marionXXX said:
Leaferne is a Facebook friend, Stormkhan is still about on Facebook, he runs a Doggy Deli with Elffriend. Melf got married to someone who was a mod on here for a while but can't remember her name, last I heard they were living in Manchester and had a baby.

He serves dog meat? :shock:

marionXXX said:

If it was a female mod, it must be either Mejane or Quixote.
Really happy to hear snippets of news.

Tell them all to come back!

Indeed, thank you. It's always good to hear a bit 'o news.

theyithian said:
marionXXX said:
.. Melf got married to someone who was a mod on here for a while but can't remember her name, last I heard they were living in Manchester and had a baby.

If it was a female mod, it must be either Mejane or Quixote.
Twas Mejane. Quixote went off to real life, too.

Back