• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

I'm still, childishly, scared of the witch. A great performance by Margaret Hamilton.

She will be popping over to visit you at 3am.

Oh gawd... :(
I'm sure you'll make her feel right at home...

20130815-165627-3.jpg
Hansel_Gretel_7-scaled.jpg

Speaking of missing Forum Folk, @Dinobot and I will be MIA for a few days, as we drive up to the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, visit my sister, as it's her, and my niece's birthday/s this month.

We will keep our eyes out for Mothmen, Bunyips, Cryptids, @rynner2, and Cromer Escapees.

And deliberately not tell you lot if we see/capture or flee from them....
Hope you both enjoy your trip.

Speaking of missing Forum Folk, @Dinobot and I will be MIA for a few days, as we drive up to the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, visit my sister, as it's her, and my niece's birthday/s this month.

We will keep our eyes out for Mothmen, Bunyips, Cryptids, @rynner2, and Cromer Escapees.

And deliberately not tell you lot if we see/capture or flee from them....
Have you had your chitties signed?

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this on but I had to step away from the forum for a while as my Mum was very ill over the Christmas period.
Sadly she lost her seven month fight with cancer on 1st February 2024. It has been a hard time but I am starting to get back in a better frame of mind now.
I miss her so much and also miss her recollections of paranormal encounters, some of which I have already posted on the forum.
There are some paranormal things that happened at the end of her life but I don't really feel up to sharing them yet.

I'm so sorry to hear about your mum @Venkmans on the case what a sad time you've been having. You'll never stop missing her but in time you'll find ways of dealing with it. Meanwhile just deal with one day at a time. We'll be pleased to hear about the recent paranormal stuff once you are good and ready to share it but all in good time. It's early days as yet. Take care xxxxxx

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this on but I had to step away from the forum for a while as my Mum was very ill over the Christmas period.
Sadly she lost her seven month fight with cancer on 1st February 2024. It has been a hard time but I am starting to get back in a better frame of mind now.
I miss her so much and also miss her recollections of paranormal encounters, some of which I have already posted on the forum.
There are some paranormal things that happened at the end of her life but I don't really feel up to sharing them yet.

My condolences, take care.

I'm very sorry to hear that you've lost your Mum. Techy and I send our condolences.

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news, Venkmans. I lost my mother last June, and it was undoubtedly the worst time of my life, especially the last days of her illness. I'm still struggling with regrets, having dreams about her, feeling lost a lot of the time; but it's getting better, as we've got past her birthday, our first Christmas and our first birthdays without her. It seems daft at the age of fifty to feel so untethered by the natural course of things, and I know it's infinitely better and more correct that we should lose her than that she should have lost one of her kids, but it's still devastating. Family has been essential to getting through, and I hope you have that support, too.

My thoughts are with you and I'm sure you made her proud.

My thoughts are with you.

I'm so sorry to hear about your mum @Venkmans on the case what a sad time you've been having. You'll never stop missing her but in time you'll find ways of dealing with it. Meanwhile just deal with one day at a time. We'll be pleased to hear about the recent paranormal stuff once you are good and ready to share it but all in good time. It's early days as yet. Take care xxxxxx

My condolences, take care.

I'm very sorry to hear that you've lost your Mum. Techy and I send our condolences.

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news, Venkmans. I lost my mother last June, and it was undoubtedly the worst time of my life, especially the last days of her illness. I'm still struggling with regrets, having dreams about her, feeling lost a lot of the time; but it's getting better, as we've got past her birthday, our first Christmas and our first birthdays without her. It seems daft at the age of fifty to feel so untethered by the natural course of things, and I know it's infinitely better and more correct that we should lose her than that she should have lost one of her kids, but it's still devastating. Family has been essential to getting through, and I hope you have that support, too.

Condolences @Venkmans on the case. My thoughts are with you.
Thank you all for your kind words and condolences.

It’s only 2 St Patricks days since we lost mum.
my thoughts are with you.

Sorry to hear that you also lost your mother recently.

You have described many of the emotions that I have been experiencing. I have been feeling really lost since my mum passed. I think it must still be the shock of how we went from a situation of hope and positivity at the hospital to a situation of preparing for the end of my Mum's life after a sudden decision from my Mum's oncologist to stop my Mum's treatment. Some days waves of grief hit me when I hear music that she loved. Certain Beatles songs and some from The Weeknd are difficult to listen to now.

My Mum's funeral was the day after Mother's day and two days after the day my parents would have celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary.
My mum was hoping she would make it to the Anniversary but unfortunately her health deteriorated rapidly over Christmas and into the New Year.
Easter was very difficult to get through as it meant a lot to my Mum and she would always bake lots of cakes for us.

My condolences on your loss

Sorry to hear that you also lost your mother recently.

You have described many of the emotions that I have been experiencing. I have been feeling really lost since my mum passed. I think it must still be the shock of how we went from a situation of hope and positivity at the hospital to a situation of preparing for the end of my Mum's life after a sudden decision from my Mum's oncologist to stop my Mum's treatment. Some days waves of grief hit me when I hear music that she loved. Certain Beatles songs and some from The Weeknd are difficult to listen to now.

My Mum's funeral was the day after Mother's day and two days after the day my parents would have celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary.
My mum was hoping she would make it to the Anniversary but unfortunately her health deteriorated rapidly over Christmas and into the New Year.
Easter was very difficult to get through as it meant a lot to my Mum and she would always bake lots of cakes for us.
Not by nature being a particularly sentimental person, I was surprised how hard those special days in the year were. I expected mum's birthday to be tough, but ultimately I started to feel out of sorts that whole week. Our first Christmas without mum was difficult, and as that's around the time your mother passed I imagine that'll be especially difficult for you. I can't tell you it gets easier very quickly; it hasn't for me. But that's a measure of how much you loved your mum, and it does get easier.

@Venkmans on the case sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. Parents are important in our lives, and I suspect that moms are particularly so. The "firsts" of any holidays or special activities that you used to do with her, but now cannot, can be particularly difficult and jarring.

Take your time in grieving. Everyone is different, and let no one tell you what is expected to be the right amount of time. Every once in a while, just when you think you are good, something can come up to bring you to tears.

Then someday, you will catch yourself smiling as you remember a good time with your mom.

Take care.

My condolences as well. Losing your mother is never easy.

Back