• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Aaaand they got everyone talking about their product. Mission accomplished.

Now I'm confused .... are boobs good or evil? ...

I think page 3 is ridiculous but otherwise boobs are always grand.:)

Quite fond of mine, and I believe they have other fans too, but I read the Guardian.

Now I'm confused .... are boobs good or evil? ...

Consult your Bible.

(You'll still be confused).

*Edited for clarification: I'm pretty sure the right one is fine, but the left is evil. Question is...'our left' or 'their' left'?

Penises on the fashion catwalk – a flesh flash too far?
The sight of men’s genitals at the Rick Owens’ menswear show in Paris on Thursday caused a bit of a stir on the front row

A model on the catwalk for Rick Owens - penis covered for modesty Photograph: PATRICK KOVARIK/AFP/Getty Images
Hannah Marriott

Exposed nipples? Naked bottoms? Bare breasts? The insouciant editors who sit in the front row of fashion shows have seen the lot at womenswear shows – and will barely raise an eyebrow. But the flesh on show at Rick Owens’ menswear show in Paris on Thursday surprised even them.

In a highly unusual move, the American designer sent four of his models down the runway wearing clothes with peepholes that showed full-frontal male nudity underneath.

The flash of flesh was presented subtly, in an otherwise typically dramatic, drapey collection of dark colours and loose silhouettes. As the audience gradually realised that a taboo was being broken in front of their eyes, whispers and occasional giggles rippled down the front row like a Mexican wave. It was a move which earned him the Instagram hashtag: #dickowens.

b7a92bf1-2448-4a2d-b5ca-304bb328571a-596x600.jpeg

Penis on the catwalk at Rick Owens’ show, SS2015 Photograph: kollektivnoir/Instagram/Instagram
Gender-specific body parts are notoriously ubiquitous during fashion week. At Acne’s spring/summer 2015 party, guests were fed penis-shaped canapes; after his spring/summer 2014 show a year previously, Walter Van Beirendonck popped penises onto his metallic snakeskin brogues. At the spring/summer 2015 shows, Tom Ford, Erdem and Christopher Kane featured exposed nipples, but while the latter have come to be almost routine – they tend to appear every season in some capacity – exposed phalli are less common. Still, Rick Owens has a history of winning headlines with his catwalk shows. For spring/summer 2014, he was widely applauded for sending a fierce, muscular Step Dance team down the catwalk stomping and scowling. That show was heralded as a significant moment in the rise of diverse casting in fashion shows.

FacebookTwitterPinterestexpand
Phallic delights at the Acne SS2015 party Photograph: Helen Seamons/Helen Seamons
If the fashion crowd’s interest was piqued, the models on the catwalk were a lot more laid-back about the experience, according to one. “It was not a thing at all,” he told the Guardian. Everyone knew what they would be wearing at early fittings. Having been chosen to model one of the show’s less exposing outfits himself, “I just noticed it when I looked at the photo board and saw that there were cocks hanging about. Ha!”

the enduring image is of Gough (odd, but not dangerous) going to a parked car to politely ask directions. Unfortunately for him the driver was a shaven-headed person who radiated Essence of Chav, and leapt out to demand Gough got away from the car NOW! and DO NOT COME NEAR MY KIDS! and who got quite loud, abusive and physical about it. you could understand a naked man walking past the car was going to provoke awkward questions from the kiddies, but it appeared the gentleman was making the error of conflating nudity with sexuality and going past that to presumed paedophilia. (he looked, acted and thought like a part of a howling mob on a paedo hunt). given how aggressive the bloke was getting and that the camera crew had to step in to prevent violence, had I been a policeman at the scene I would have concluded the biggest public order problem at that time and place was not Gough.

Of course, I would not have put it past TV to have staged, manipulated or outright faked that scene - there's no way of knowing....

I think that guy might be someone I know.

(Good liberal folk who would love to beat up someone for having the insolence to appear naked in front of their kids...)

So maybe not that different to today's tawdry lad's mags, if I'm honest.

Interesting what you say about it having some journalistic merit, though.

one Robert Anton Wilson edited it for a while, apparently. The job offered him a degree of, er, Illumination, about the way the world really runs....

Headline:
Naked man jumps on bus to flee Braintree flat fire

But not how you might imagine! ;)

A naked man jumped on to the roof of a double-decker bus from a top-floor flat which had caught fire. :eek:
The man, who is thought to have been in the shower, leapt 10ft (3m) from a third-storey window above a cafe in Braintree, Essex.

Andy Waterman reversed his bus so the man, who was treated for breathing in smoke, could make the jump to safety.
"He's got some courage," Mr Waterman said. "But had he not he may not be here today."

Police said they were now treating Wednesday's fire as arson.
They want to find a man, believed to be aged about 19, who was spotted fleeing the scene.

Bus company First Essex said Mr Waterman was driving the out-of-service double-decker back to the depot when a group of people stopped him to ask him to help.
"We lined the bus up, close to the building to enable him to jump from the flat roof on to the top of the bus - he had no other exit," Mr Waterman said.
"The poor guy was in the shower - he was completely naked. It was freezing cold."

Mr Waterman said he moved the bus, with the man still on top, away from the fire.
"We waited five minutes or so for the emergency services to turn up," he said.
"They lobbed some clothes up to him and eventually got him down from the roof of the bus."

etc...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-31439736

I've jumped on a bus many times - but never like that! :)

Naked Braintree fire bus-leap man Mitch 'doing okay'

A man who leapt naked from the roof of a homeless shelter to escape a fire has been released from hospital.
The man - called Mitch - had been in the shower before leaping 10ft (3m) on to a double-decker bus on Wednesday.
He was one of three homeless people staying at the Braintree Emergency Night Shelter (BENS) at the time.
Shelter founder Rob Sefton said Mitch was "doing okay" but could have been "horribly injured" had the bus not stopped beneath.

Mitch was treated for the effects of breathing in smoke at Broomfield Hospital before he was discharged on Wednesday night.
He is currently being housed by Braintree District Council.

Mr Sefton said: "Mitch was naked as the day he was born.
"He jumped from the roof - he had to step out of the second floor window.
"Although he was not injured in the fall he still had to jump quite some way."

etc...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-31453794

''Rabbi Barry Freundel admits filming women at Washington baths''
19 February 2015 Last updated at 22:46 GMT

A prominent US rabbi has pleaded guilty to 52 counts of voyeurism after secretly filming women in his congregation's ritual baths.Barry Freundel, 63, may have recorded as many as 150 women in the changing area at his orthodox synagogue in Washington DC.

Full story here, http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-31545045

"Topaloski is a part of FEMEN, an international women’s movement known for staging topless protests."

More of this kind of thing!

Yes - up with this sort of thing! :D

A naked nationalist is stirring up election billboards in Japan, offering a bit of colour -- and a lot of flesh -- to get out the vote.

Right winger Teruki Goto is pictured on his campaign poster in his birthday suit, wielding a samurai-style sword in front of two Rising Sun flags and the imperial chrysanthemum crest.

A strategically-placed stroke of one of the kanji ideographs that make up his name covers his modesty.

Elections in Japan tend to be very staid affairs: candidates' campaigns generally consist of them wearing a sash bearing their name as they stand outside train stations greeting commuters -- most of whom do their best not to make eye contact.

Each candidate is allowed to print a limited number of flyers while their posters -- usually formulaic headshots with a vacuous slogan along the lines of "Making things better" -- must be corralled on huge election noticeboards, alongside everyone elses. ...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/naked-nationalist-stirs-up-japan-elections/ar-AAbBYYm

Students asked to sit final university exam in nude with naked professor
Mother outraged after learning daughter would be taking her clothes off for visual arts exam under supervision of professor who would also disrobe
By Nick Allen, Los Angeles
9:49PM BST 11 May 2015

A university has been accused of "perversion" after it emerged students would be sitting a final exam in the nude with a naked professor.
In the visual arts class at the University of California San Diego students are encouraged to sit together in a room without clothes to lay bare their "most fragile and vulnerable self".
The class, titled "Visual Arts 104A: Performing the Self" has been conducted for more than a decade by Associate Professor Ricardo Dominguez, who also takes his clothes off along with about 20 students each year.
The mother of one female student said: "There is a perversion going on here. Shame on him and shame on the university.
"It bothers me, I'm not sending her to school for this. To blanket say you must be naked in order to pass my class. It makes me sick to my stomach. It's just wrong. This is a memory she's going to have to carry around with her for the rest of her life."

etc...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ersity-exam-in-nude-with-naked-professor.html

Students asked to sit final university exam in nude with naked professor
Mother outraged after learning daughter would be taking her clothes off for visual arts exam under supervision of professor who would also disrobe
By Nick Allen, Los Angeles
9:49PM BST 11 May 2015

A university has been accused of "perversion" after it emerged students would be sitting a final exam in the nude with a naked professor.
In the visual arts class at the University of California San Diego students are encouraged to sit together in a room without clothes to lay bare their "most fragile and vulnerable self".
The class, titled "Visual Arts 104A: Performing the Self" has been conducted for more than a decade by Associate Professor Ricardo Dominguez, who also takes his clothes off along with about 20 students each year.
The mother of one female student said: "There is a perversion going on here. Shame on him and shame on the university.
"It bothers me, I'm not sending her to school for this. To blanket say you must be naked in order to pass my class. It makes me sick to my stomach. It's just wrong. This is a memory she's going to have to carry around with her for the rest of her life."

etc...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11598556/Students-asked-to-sit-final-university-exam-in-nude-with-naked-professor.html

Sounds like the daughter's not too bothered about it. If she's an adult then it's up to her.

I suppose it would be plain to see very quickly if the professor had ulterior motives once the exam began...

I suppose it would be plain to see very quickly if the professor had ulterior motives once the exam began...

That might depend on who's sitting in the front row ... :cool:

Back