• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Operation Yewtree & Other Historical Child-Abuse Allegations

Death is too good for him. Still, there's a special circle of Hell for people like him...

He's been dead to me for a number of years.....
A while before his arrest I read on a conspiracy forum that a name was about to come out that will break your heart.

Another website gave hints like can you tell who it is yet? and the like. ;)

I thought 'No. Not Rolf.' :(

A while before his arrest I read on a conspiracy forum that a name was about to come out that will break your heart.

Another website gave hints like can you tell who it is yet? and the like. ;)

I thought 'No. Not Rolf.' :(
I remember seeing him in an episode of Goodnight Sweetheart, and just got a creepy vibe from him. Years later, I understood why.

Haha, David Sillito on Radio 4's The World at One just described how Harris, on way into court for his trial, smiled and waved at spectators.

Nobody waved or smiled back. Harris seemed taken aback. :chuckle:

@Mrs Migs was spot-on then - nearly a fortnight. :bthumbup:
(I’m currently off work recuperating after surgery and have been for 4 weeks. You can tell I’m bored cos I’ve discovered a sleb gossip site, and it’s been speculated about on there). The family evidently wanted to get him buried out of the way before the news came out.

(I’m currently off work recuperating after surgery and have been for 4 weeks. You can tell I’m bored cos I’ve discovered a sleb gossip site, and it’s been speculated about on there). The family evidently wanted to get him buried out of the way before the news came out.
What surprises me is that t'media MUST have known he'd died yet nobody breathed a word.
Perhaps the idea is to spare his family the ghoulish speculation.*

*Mostly from me.

The Daily Mail had pictures on the 11th of a private ambulance at his house, which was a bit of a give-away. One of the captions said "The vehicle, used by undertakers (hint! hint!), left at around 6pm. The Harris family has declined to comment".

What surprises me is that t'media MUST have known he'd died yet nobody breathed a word.
Perhaps the idea is to spare his family the ghoulish speculation.*

*Mostly from me.
And me. @escargot and I will be at the start of the conga line....

Nobody here is a fan of predatory paedophiles, but if members could limit the number of death-celebration posts, it would reflect better on our community.

Once again, this place is not Twitter or Facebook and there's a serious title at the top of the thread.

Nobody here is a fan of predatory paedophiles, but if members could limit the number of death-celebration posts, it would reflect better on our community.

Once again, this place is not Twitter or Facebook and there's a serious title at the top of the thread.
Message received and understood.

What I find hard to understand is the fact that these high profile entertainers had such an ability and yet some seem to have had a very dark side to them. Ok they can use their position to act out their warped fantasies but must have some inner demon to want to do so. Whilst I guessed probably 50 years ago what JS was up to, I had no idea about RH and his activities. Some seem to have had more "power" than others.

What I find hard to understand is the fact that these high profile entertainers had such an ability and yet some seem to have had a very dark side to them. Ok they can use their position to act out their warped fantasies but must have some inner demon to want to do so. Whilst I guessed probably 50 years ago what JS was up to, I had no idea about RH and his activities. Some seem to have had more "power" than others.
Yup, spot-on. Gary Glitter, for example: he was on a comeback at the time of his downfall, and would surely have gone on to a new career in light entertainment and especially the TV talent shows. Instead, he was exposed as a serial child abuser.

The expression 'The Talent' comes up a lot in these scandals. It means the stars who need to be kept onside.
As you say, it's about power. The 'Talent' had the power to get away with behaving abusively towards people whose careers would be wrecked if they stood up for themselves.

This exact point is made by a make-up artist in the recent Rolf Harris TV documentary. She says Harris groped her every time she attended to him on set, in a room with male workers looking on, and not one said a word. They'd be out on their ears too.

I got my first record player - a Dancette - when I was 10. Mum got me two 7" singles: Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport and The Court of King Caractacus by Harris.
While everyone's heard of his 'grown-up' songs, people forgot his 'kiddies' songs. :oops:
I believe I still have my original copy of Two Little Boys...

I got my first record player - a Dancette - when I was 10. Mum got me two 7" singles: Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport and The Court of King Caractacus by Harris.
While everyone's heard of his 'grown-up' songs, people forgot his 'kiddies' songs. :oops:
Jake the Peg and Down Came The Rain being the two I remember best. Mostly because my brother was terrified of 'Down Came The Rain' and would burst into tears before it ever got to the first verse. I don't think I've heard it for years, however, Jake the Peg used to get wheeled out every now and then.

I believe I still have my original copy of Two Little Boys...
Worrying in hindsight. Like others on here I've regarded JS as a creep since the 1980's or earlier, but I never sussed RF. It's really hard to reconcile his on stage persona and things like the kids' songs (which were fun) with what he really was.

GG always struck me as a creep as well, but I guess the radar doesn't always work as in the RF case.

I feel sympathy for Cliff Richard caught up in this (although he is a bit odd, but so am I) and Paul Gambaccini as well, Totally innocent. Others have been caught up as well.

It must be an absolute nightmare investigating stuff like this, I have every sympathy with the police trying to make sense of such cases and steering the narrow line between convicting absolute beasts and damaging blameless individuals by following up on unfounded allegations which nevertheless get in to the public domain. .

Last edited:
Back