• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
From that link;
https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2023...e-Multiple-Prisons-on-the-Tip-of-Evacuation-/

An interesting idea- but complete bullshit I'm afraid. I presume they are talking about an airborne gaseous hallucinogen; this would be a nightmare to administer, even if a trained anaesthetist were present. Remember the Moscow Theatre Siege; the Russian authorities attempted to use a sleeping gas to subdue the hostage-takers, and ended up killing 171 people.

Life is not like the movies - there is a reason the use of nerve gas in warfare has largely been a failure. The use of a hallucinogen or other psychoactive gas would be impossible to use reliably, without the risk of fatalities or severe psychological damage. As an experiment on a friendly airbase in the open air, the risk of death is too high and the delivery systems are too unreliable.
He has a book to sell:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rendlesham...sprefix=nick+redfern+rendlesham,aps,88&sr=8-1

It has had mixed reviews...

The Rendlesham Forest "UFO" Event of 1980: Why Were Multiple Prisons on the Tip of Evacuation?

Article by Nick Redfern

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2023...e-Multiple-Prisons-on-the-Tip-of-Evacuation-/

Reading the synopsis reveals that this “info” came to Redfern via:

1. Graham Birdsall (now conveniently dead), who heard it from;

2. - “George Wild”, who heard it from;

3. - “A fellow officer”.

My rule of thumb is “Cutout = :bs:

- And here we have not one, but two cutouts.

maximus otter

Reading the synopsis reveals that this “info” came to Redfern via:

1. Graham Birdsall (now conveniently dead), who heard it from;

2. - “George Wild”, who heard it from;

3. - “A fellow officer”.

My rule of thumb is “Cutout = :bs:

- And here we have not one, but two cutouts.

maximus otter
He is seemingly guilty of a favourite skeptic's argument that proposed an answer more convoluted and hard to believe than the actual case itself.

I really enjoyed his early work on UFO crash landings, revealing the UK UFO files and the goings-on at Cannock Chase but in latter years he has been churning out generic titles that would be out of place on an episode of 'Ancient Aliens' (eg "Are these images evidence of trees growing on Mars?!" - no Nick, they are sand formations mate).

Next week's "Uncanny" podcast is on Rendelsham.

I think I recognised a familiar voice in the advert. Nick Pope.
Oh dear...

I got a mate listening to Uncanny, he has an interest in ghosts etc. and loved the first series but feels this second series is struggling i.e. the difficult second album syndrome. Hearing this news I fear he may be correct.

I'm currently reading the Rendlesham Enigma by Gary Osborn and James Penniston. Gary seems to have put in a lot of work to gather multiple accounts from different people and different sources over the years, which does make the book overly long and tedious sometimes in my opinion. However it also confuses the whole Rendlesham event even more, I never realised how many conflicting accounts there were. The sections written by Penniston are putting me off completing the book. He comes across as egocentric, petulant and rude. His constant belittling of Burroughs makes me uncomfortable, it's like witnessing school yard bullying. I don't think he has done himself any favours here. One inconsistency in his story has jumped out at me; he writes early on that he tore out the pages of his notebook containing the binary code and put them in a box. However in a later chapter wrote that the binary code only came to public attention when he was flicking through the notebook on the set of a documentary and Burroughs spotted the pages with the code. Linda Moulton Howe then came over to see what Burroughs was getting excited about and also saw the binary code. He writes that he then reluctantly allowed the pages to be translated. He may have taped the pages back into his notebook, however said himself that this was a ring binded notebook so potentially taping would be difficult? Has anyone else read this?

I think the binary code and its frankly silly translation render the whole account very suspect. In his book Pope fails to say what method of codebreaking was applied and given the chaotic series of 0s and 1s shown there is no way of confirming the decoding. I don't blame Penniston, I think he and Burroughs went through some narcohypnotic mind control stuff to add even more to the confusion. Coincidentally, I have just heard that the gamekeeper David Boast has died recently. I think he was perhaps the only person left who really knew what was going on in that affair.

I think the binary code and its frankly silly translation render the whole account very suspect. In his book Pope fails to say what method of codebreaking was applied and given the chaotic series of 0s and 1s shown there is no way of confirming the decoding. I don't blame Penniston, I think he and Burroughs went through some narcohypnotic mind control stuff to add even more to the confusion. Coincidentally, I have just heard that the gamekeeper David Boast has died recently. I think he was perhaps the only person left who really knew what was going on in that affair.

This is the most puzzling bit of Rendlesham to me; while most of the actual sightings seem explained, or at least explicable, I can't shake off the sense that at least some of the witnesses were 'got at', and am not really sure why.

This is the most puzzling bit of Rendlesham to me; while most of the actual sightings seem explained, or at least explicable, I can't shake off the sense that at least some of the witnesses were 'got at', and am not really sure why.
Clearly to cover up what really happened by multiple crazy accounts of aliens, air force officers telling all and sundry that a UFO landed, and doing a very well rehearsed retrieval operation. Halt even tells us that he saw a plane landing, no idea what it was, and a lot of people emerging (i.e. the retrieval team). Obviously they needed a lot of lights to see what they were doing each night and people would see them, and "UFOs" was the regular "go to" disinformation ploy. As the game keeper Boast had know what was really going on and this would explain the impression he left on reporters. But he must have been scared of revealing the truth right up to his death. When I contacted his daughter she ceased all contact with me soon after -- I had been assuming, wrongly, that he had already died. Caroline Boast agrees with me about the whole thing.

Clearly to cover up what really happened by multiple crazy accounts of aliens, air force officers telling all and sundry that a UFO landed, and doing a very well rehearsed retrieval operation. Halt even tells us that he saw a plane landing, no idea what it was, and a lot of people emerging (i.e. the retrieval team). Obviously they needed a lot of lights to see what they were doing each night and people would see them, and "UFOs" was the regular "go to" disinformation ploy. As the game keeper Boast had know what was really going on and this would explain the impression he left on reporters. But he must have been scared of revealing the truth right up to his death. When I contacted his daughter she ceased all contact with me soon after -- I had been assuming, wrongly, that he had already died. Caroline Boast agrees with me about the whole thing.
I think you are correct but what was retrieved? To my mind something military and highly secret but others will claim something it was something alien.

They were all military personal, don't think any civilians reported anything at the time,
why not just tell them it's a matter of national security top secret never mention again,
if no one else reported it just forget it if they did it was poachers and we sorted it.

Yes; some witnesses were 'got at' by the prospect of fame and notoriety. We are all probably collectively responsible for this.

I don't think any UFO witness has ever found fame and fortune, only ridicule and worse, surely?

Much of the gradual elaboration of the account of Penniston seems like the work of 'hypnotic regression', and no doubt him and Burroughs, as well as Halt, have also subconsciously modified their recollection as part of the process of 'defending' it over the years - no-one likes to be disbelieved. People like Warren, who may not have been there at all, are another matter. And it seems to me possible, at least, that there is an element of disinformation in there somewhere - ideas have been planted, most likely to misdirect (as @Carl Grove suggests) from some earthly secret.

They were all military personal, don't think any civilians reported anything at the time,
why not just tell them it's a matter of national security top secret never mention again,
if no one else reported it just forget it if they did it was poachers and we sorted it.
Yes, there were civilians, and one of them did report seeing a black triangular craft hovering over the road and dropping some liquid before rising up and then descending into the woods. I did a rough timeline of events that might be relevant. It shows that early on USAF personnel were openly discussing an alleged UFO landing with civilians who certainly had no need to know! It seems that the craft developed some problem after trying to monitor a Soviet satellite re-entering the atmosphere over the Channel. The major witness said that US personnel at a bar were all paged to go back to base immediately; he then left as well and saw the object. This was in the period when reports of black triangular objects were being made in the US and elsewhere. I will attach the timeline, no doubt others will have more info to add to it. The similarities to the Cash-Landrum case are also significant, object in trouble, some kind of liquid residue dropping from it.

Attachments

• TIMELINE OF EVENTS AT RENDLESHAM.pdf
    207.3 KB · Views: 26
Yes, there were civilians, and one of them did report seeing a black triangular craft hovering over the road and dropping some liquid before rising up and then descending into the woods. I did a rough timeline of events that might be relevant. It shows that early on USAF personnel were openly discussing an alleged UFO landing with civilians who certainly had no need to know! It seems that the craft developed some problem after trying to monitor a Soviet satellite re-entering the atmosphere over the Channel. The major witness said that US personnel at a bar were all paged to go back to base immediately; he then left as well and saw the object. This was in the period when reports of black triangular objects were being made in the US and elsewhere. I will attach the timeline, no doubt others will have more info to add to it. The similarities to the Cash-Landrum case are also significant, object in trouble, some kind of liquid residue dropping from it.
I read your attachment with interest and the concept of trees being contaminated with radiation might be challenged by skeptics, however:

'Beyond the actual nuclear plant, the forests around Chernobyl do present a risk. These forests absorbed tremendous amounts of radiation during the 1986 disaster, and the trees and soils still contain significant radiation—in the form of large amounts of radioactive elements called radionuclides. If a forest fire happens—from a bomb, explosion, or fire—this radiation could be released into the atmosphere."

https://www.uvm.edu/news/gund/chern... still contain,and soil into the atmosphere."

And we should not forget that the radiation levels detected at Rendlesham were, and remain, insignificant, so there would be no reason to remove any trees.
http://www.ianridpath.com/ufo/rendlesham4.html
http://www.ianridpath.com/ufo/SUNlite Rendlesham radiation.pdf
Confirmation that this was only background radiation comes from the fact that the same levels were also recorded over half a mile away from the supposed landing site, after they had crossed two fields beyond the forest (read the transcript here).
he highest reading mentioned on the tape is ‘seven tenths’, i.e. 0.07 mR/h; this was a ‘spike’ obtained briefly at the centre of the site, not a steady level. In his memo, Halt reports a peak figure of 0.1 but we do not know where that was obtained, or whether it was just a rough value recalled from memory. The figure of 0.07 mentioned on the tape is only twice the general reading. Such a random jump could easily have been caused by natural sources, or even an accidental movement of the meter, and hence is not significant.
In September 1982, less than two years after the event, the site was checked for radiation by researchers from the Swindon Centre for UFO Research and Investigation (SCUFORI). They found nothing unusual. Nor did USAF Major James McGaha when he checked the site unofficially in 1987 while stationed at the base. McGaha emailed me in 1994: ‘There [was] nothing above background. They simply did not know what they were doing. If there were higher levels then you would still see them today, even with a very careful clean-up.’

I read your attachment with interest and the concept of trees being contaminated with radiation might be challenged by skeptics, however:

'Beyond the actual nuclear plant, the forests around Chernobyl do present a risk. These forests absorbed tremendous amounts of radiation during the 1986 disaster, and the trees and soils still contain significant radiation—in the form of large amounts of radioactive elements called radionuclides. If a forest fire happens—from a bomb, explosion, or fire—this radiation could be released into the atmosphere."

https://www.uvm.edu/news/gund/chernobyls-forests-pose-radiation-risk-expert#:~:text="The Chernobyl forests still contain,and soil into the atmosphere."
It's a possibility that some radiation was involved but I don't think it is especially important either way. It may be that radiation was mentioned just to discourage people from investigating the area themselves. Again the parallel with the Cash/Landrum incident, where the road surface under the alleged UFO was quickly removed, is interesting. So you have multiple parallels between the two cases, both in my view pointing to a black project craft getting into trouble. I wonder if the timing is coincidental or whether there is some vulnerability of the drive mechanism to cosmic events? Whether or not the Beifield-Brown effect is strong enough to make anti gravity drives is an open question, but it it interesting that when Brown recorded how his effect varied with time there were long term variations in its performance in the course of a year.

I guess you could argue the tree felling was done as a precaution rather than a necessity and ordered by someone behind a desk many miles from the site.
Or that the trees concerned were already marked for removal before the event, as several witnesses noticed marks on the trees which were consistent with forester's marks.

It's a possibility that some radiation was involved but I don't think it is especially important either way. It may be that radiation was mentioned just to discourage people from investigating the area themselves. Again the parallel with the Cash/Landrum incident, where the road surface under the alleged UFO was quickly removed, is interesting. So you have multiple parallels between the two cases, both in my view pointing to a black project craft getting into trouble. I wonder if the timing is coincidental or whether there is some vulnerability of the drive mechanism to cosmic events? Whether or not the Beifield-Brown effect is strong enough to make anti gravity drives is an open question, but it it interesting that when Brown recorded how his effect varied with time there were long term variations in its performance in the course of a year.
Wasn't there a Portugese case between Cash-Landrum and Rendlesham in which the craft exited the sea and caused burns to a couple on the beach? I know Jenny Randles mentioned it but it seems to have been forgotten, her inference was that possibly the Cash-Landrum craft travelled from the States to England via Portugal.

Wasn't there a Portugese case between Cash-Landrum and Rendlesham in which the craft exited the sea and caused burns to a couple on the beach? I know Jenny Randles mentioned it but it seems to have been forgotten, her inference was that possibly the Cash-Landrum craft travelled from the States to England via Portugal.
I have only a vague memory of that, certainly worth looking into.

This is interesting, I have seen reference to it elsewhere but worth highlighting given the date and nature of the event:

"Location. RAF Watton England
Date: December 27 1980 Time: late night
HT & DS both military police officers and dog handlers were on duty that night when they were asked to investigate strange lights near the airfield fence to the west. Both ground and air radar had apparently picked up “a large moving target of unknown type.” HT got to the fence and saw several figures about 100-150 from them, shining green and blue lights into the sky. When HT and DS turned their Landrover searchlight on the figures ran off very quickly. Both men saw the figures briefly and both were under the impression that they wore non-reflective silvery outfits.

HC addition # 2903
Source: Georgina Bruni"

https://www.ufoinfo.com/1980-humanoid-sighting-reports-compiled-by-albert-rosales/

I
The sea was involved with the craft either entering or emerging from the watering I recall the witnesses suffered burns, it is probably tucked away in a BUFORA journal somewhere
If you check out the US TV series (on Sky in UK) "Contact" you will see they are focusing a lot on the connections between UFOs and water, including the Colares case and other South American happenings. Objects are still being seen at Colares either entering or leaving the water. Someone allegedly involved with US intel claimed that objects travelling underwater at impossible speeds have been detected frequently by US and Russian sensors. A witness who claimed to have been on a US aircraft carrier was on deck when an order came to come below, but he was too slow and was left on deck, where he saw a huge object emerging from the sea just ahead. He was interrogated afterwards and claimed to have been at the back of the carrier the whole time. I think Ivan Sanderson had a book about this subject, I may still have a copy -- he was always ahead of the game in so many areas.

I am a fan of WW II British Intelligence officer, Ivan T. Sanderson, and one of his theories is that 80% of UFO reports were near water and since that the earth is 3/4 water, there must be a civilization that lives in our oceans.

As I have written about in the past my daylight observation of a UFO examining a small river, the UFO seemed to be more interested in the water than anything else.

The UFO was almost unnoticeable as being very non reflective material seemingly absorbing the sunlight giving it a light grey in color and blending well with its surroundings.

@charliebrown - They certainly do seem to be interested in water, here's one from Granger, Texas, from 2009:

txgrangerlake6june09.jpg

"First of all,I am an ordinary mother of two and wife in my early 30's who has taken an amazing photo that I'll cherish forever...My nephew and neice were having their graduation party at the pavillion of the lake where I took the photo. This lake(Lake Granger-Willis Creek Park) is located about 20 miles south/southeast from my current physical address. My son and 3 other children had been begging me all day to take them down to the water so they could swim. I finally took them all down to the water when it became cooler that evening. Just me, my son and the three others went down to the water, which was about 50 yards from the pavillion, down the bank that leads to a tiny(non-swimming) beach area. As they were playing in the water I decided to take a couple of pictures of them, while just sitting there in my lawn chair.The kids were about 10-12 feet out in the water from the bank. It was still pretty sunny and hot and the lake was very calm. In the picture you can see the kids are playing with and around a lot of logs and sticks, due to the low lake levels because of the hot weather and drought here in Texas.I only took two pictures of the kids with my cell phone camera. I NEVER HEARD NOR SAW ANYTHING while taking the pictures and as you can tell from the picture, the kids don't even notice what's behind them ! Later that night I was looking through the pictures I had taken throughout the day and realized I caught an unidentified object over the water of the lake !!! I've held the picture for over a month now because I had no idea who to contact and who I could trust. I e-mailed the picture from my phone to my computer and saved it in my hard drive (personal copywright). As I zoomed the picture of the disk to a very large size on my computer, I noticed the disk seems to have large green and red lights, which are very bright to the right side of the disk...."
1694364959017.png

(Hope this isn't off-topic, but these vehicles definitely have an interest in water)

3/4 is 75% so 80% isn’t far from equal but the thing we want to find on another world is water so they may be the same

@charliebrown - They certainly do seem to be interested in water, here's one from Granger, Texas, from 2009:

View attachment 69507
"First of all,I am an ordinary mother of two and wife in my early 30's who has taken an amazing photo that I'll cherish forever...My nephew and neice were having their graduation party at the pavillion of the lake where I took the photo. This lake(Lake Granger-Willis Creek Park) is located about 20 miles south/southeast from my current physical address. My son and 3 other children had been begging me all day to take them down to the water so they could swim. I finally took them all down to the water when it became cooler that evening. Just me, my son and the three others went down to the water, which was about 50 yards from the pavillion, down the bank that leads to a tiny(non-swimming) beach area. As they were playing in the water I decided to take a couple of pictures of them, while just sitting there in my lawn chair.The kids were about 10-12 feet out in the water from the bank. It was still pretty sunny and hot and the lake was very calm. In the picture you can see the kids are playing with and around a lot of logs and sticks, due to the low lake levels because of the hot weather and drought here in Texas.I only took two pictures of the kids with my cell phone camera. I NEVER HEARD NOR SAW ANYTHING while taking the pictures and as you can tell from the picture, the kids don't even notice what's behind them ! Later that night I was looking through the pictures I had taken throughout the day and realized I caught an unidentified object over the water of the lake !!! I've held the picture for over a month now because I had no idea who to contact and who I could trust. I e-mailed the picture from my phone to my computer and saved it in my hard drive (personal copywright). As I zoomed the picture of the disk to a very large size on my computer, I noticed the disk seems to have large green and red lights, which are very bright to the right side of the disk...."
View attachment 69508
(Hope this isn't off-topic, but these vehicles definitely have an interest in water)
Very interesting case! I recall back in the 60s there were similar incidents where UFOs were apparently extracting water from a large lake.

The fact that nobody saw it suggests to me it was a fast-moving object. The child on the left of the picture should have seen it, unless it was either moving very fast, or was very small and close to the camera. I suspect it was small and close - perhaps a dragonfly or damselfly moving so fast the wings are invisible. The body of the insect, already long, would be elongated by the speed of its flight.

Back