• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Looking at that document and the criteria used, I'd say the narrower definition (giving 3%) is a better measure. The 12% figures includes many questionable criteria - including cases where potential victims were intoxicated. It also appears that it is a retrospective assessment - there's no indication that these people were cautioned let alone prosecuted.

Many rapes go unreported, where (for a variety of reasons) a formal allegation is never logged. Women are acutely aware of the perils of making such an accusation, let alone a false one. Obviously we will never know for sure but there is no doubt that rape is an underreported crime. As such, if we were to look at proven false allegations as a proportion of potential cases then I suspect that % would reduce considerably.
I've known half a dozen women who were raped decades ago but never felt they were able to report the matter I suspect for a variety of reasons. I have never asked them exactly why because it was clear that they simply wanted to block the memory. So incredibly sad but I get it.

Ah the change in jewellery signals the change in religion? Was wearing a lot of Buddhist looking orange/red bracelets, for ages. Now, a cross. I guess he's figured out that plays better with the evangelical types bankrolling/hanging out on those alternative social media platforms where he can still monetise..?

I'd say I felt sorry for God but then, y'know, God made Russel Brand...

Maybe God can educate him on the difference between a Cross, which Brand is referring to, and a Crucifix which he is wearing.

Both the cross and the crucifix are the two of the most identifiable symbols of Christianity. No matter the setting, the country, the building, a cross or a crucifix marks that place as Christian. To see someone wearing a cross or a crucifix also identifies them with faith (for now, let’s set aside pop stars who flash these as mere jewelry.)

Yet, there are differences between a cross and a crucifix, ones so distinct that even a small child can manage to point them out. Even more distinctly, a crucifix is generally identified with the Catholic and Orthodox traditions, and a cross with Protestant. So, why the difference?

For non-Christians, these symbols can seem odd, at the very least. The cross is an instrument of death. It seems, to non-believers, the same as wearing a small electric chair on a chain around one’s neck. Even the early Christian community preferred not to use the cross as a symbol of faith because it was still being used in the torture and death of people. With the passage of time, though, the cross ultimately stands as the instrument of our salvation. It is the beginning of the end of death’s eternal hold on us.

https://diocesan.com/cross-crucifix-similar-different/

Showbiz people often target themselves at the Christian market when their career seems to be foundering.
Some of them may genuinely be Christians, but quite a few try it on. The worst are the ones who flip-flop between religions.

Ah the change in jewellery signals the change in religion? Was wearing a lot of Buddhist looking orange/red bracelets, for ages. Now, a cross. I guess he's figured out that plays better with the evangelical types bankrolling/hanging out on those alternative social media platforms where he can still monetise..?
It's almost as if he's been paying attention to what Madonna's already being doing for decades.

I can't believe they used fish to punish people.

Pass the sick bucket. He’s taking on a slight Bin Laden look..

I can see him going full David Koresh/Jim Jones eventually. Might have to move abroad to do it.

Bin Laden?
I was thinking more Charles Manson.

manson.png

Last edited:
Yes, Madonna is a prime example. Bob Dylan too.
Eh?.... Bob Dylan is Jewish & seemed to have a religious thing going on a few albums back in the early 80s. I haven’t seen or heard much evidence for it since & no flip-flopping between religions.

He’s certainly read & taken inspiration from the bible in some of his songs but that seems about it.

Also I don’t think he’s ever aimed himself at the Christian market. He’s done pretty much whatever he wants since the early 60s without pandering to anyone or needing to.

Madonna I don’t know about.

Eh?.... Bob Dylan is Jewish & seemed to have a religious thing going on a few albums back in the early 80s. I haven’t seen or heard much evidence for it since & no flip-flopping between religions.

He’s certainly read & taken inspiration from the bible in some of his songs but that seems about it.
Not sure if this is a conspiracy theory or not but I've heard a rumour that he's quietly remained an evangelical christian ever since his 'Saved!' period.

Not sure if this is a conspiracy theory or not but I've heard a rumour that he's quietly remained an evangelical christian ever since his 'Saved!' period.
Maybe - he doesn’t make much of it if he is. I’d forgotten his Sikh period though.

Depends how shellfish they were.

Being shellfish made you by definition an abomination:

Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you. Leviticus 11:12

I can't believe they used fish to punish people.

Whosoever shall step upon the joints between the paving stones of the tabernacle underfoot - or leave the stone upturned from the place where the soil and water of the belly is placed - shall be taken without the city walls and nailed to a haddock. Bombasticus 14:134

(Okay - I might have made one of those up. But - given the work in question - it's sometimes hard to tell.)

Also I don’t think he’s ever aimed himself at the Christian market. He’s done pretty much whatever he wants since the early 60s without pandering to anyone or needing to.

Madonna I don’t know about.
Yes, he visited Israel a few times, most noticeably in the early 70's and 80's and even considered living on a kibbutz at one point.

Dylan is Jewish by descent and was raised in the Jewish faith, converting to Christianity in the late '70s. He later reverted to Judaism but is currently embracing evangelical Christianity.

So I dunno. He's an artist, not a B-list celebrity. He won the Nobel Prize. He has no need for gimmicks.

Yes, he visited Israel a few times, most noticeably in the early 70's and 80's and even considered living on a kibbutz at one point.
Kibbutzim are almost exclusively secular, which is why they attract young people from many different cultures, who want to immerse themselves in the whole communal living vibe, without any religious baggage.

Dunno but anyone else but that stare ... deffo Manson vibe going on.
"Look sincere, Russ."
"How about this?"
"Maybe a little less ... intense?"

I know it's not intentional, but his stare seems to me to be far different in these photos.
Your one looks more easy-going. The other one is very intense.

Back