Science Fiction: Films & TV

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Voyagers (2021)

A Sky Original movie featuring a generation ship leaving Earth to seek a new habitable planet.
When the last adult is killed, the privileged and genetically selected youngsters split into factions and become increasingly feral, against the background of a possible monster on board.
Sound a bit familiar?
Yes. It is basically Lord of the Flies in Space.
It's competently executed and looks terrific in UHD, but the lack of originality will grate a bit.
5/10.

It was due to get a cinema release in the UK & RoI but seems to have fallen out of the schedules. I guess Sky bought it for these markets. It was released in the US and took $4.2 million in a limited release. I think I'll track it down online.

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
Voyagers (2021)

A Sky Original movie featuring a generation ship leaving Earth to seek a new habitable planet.
When the last adult is killed, the privileged and genetically selected youngsters split into factions and become increasingly feral, against the background of a possible monster on board.
Sound a bit familiar?
Yes. It is basically Lord of the Flies in Space.
It's competently executed and looks terrific in UHD, but the lack of originality will grate a bit.
5/10.
Sounds similar to "The 100".