• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Shape-Shifters: Members Who've Changed Names / IDs

So I do, thank you.

As I said, sadly not even the email provider, that I signed up for the account with, exists any more (ah, Lineone, how you are missed...).
Plus, I chose that username way before 2010, thinking, as a callow youth, that it sounded futuristic and cool.
It didn't..
I can merge your old output into your new ID if you like?

Mention of Lineone takes me back! I think I was with them when I ran two websites for my local Astronomical Society. Later they were merged into one, but that's long gone now.

That chap with the mysterious stones seems to have vanished. And Jim Lucifer too.

I think the chap with the pebble collection sought a professional opinion. I suspect Jim is in the huff.

The Sock Puppet Arms

What do we think of this one? Totusky71 vanishes after the requests to get his artifacts looked at by professionals builds ups and his claims that he took his finds to a hospital to be X-rayed were met with a raised eyebrow or two.

Fast forward a few months and Aboom, (new poster), turns up, conveniently stumbles across the thread and says they are primitive artworks and he has some too?

http://forum.forteantimes.com/index...able-artifacts-found-in-virginia.60438/page-8

OK he may have come here looking for earth mysteries. Anyone else think it's all sounding a tad familiar? The Enfield thread springs to mind.

Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but not holding my breath on this one.

At first glance, despite similarities there are sufficient differences for me to accept that they are not the same person.

I will also point out that it is somewhat non-U to speculate about poster IDs - if you have doubts PM a mod or me and we'll have a look.

At first glance, despite similarities there are sufficient differences for me to accept that they are not the same person.

I will also point out that it is somewhat non-U to speculate about poster IDs - if you have doubts PM a mod or me and we'll have a look.

Yeah sorry Stu.

Just read the mysterious pebbles thread - brilliant all of it but it's been left on a cliffhanger!

Oh, how Nancy Mitford. I prefer Decca. But they're all interesting.

I'm fairly sure I recently spotted once-prolific poster S. T. - "Hermes" of Road-Ghost fame briefly active again.

Now I can't find any trace of him. Yes, I have looked under the car! :confused:

How does one change one's username? (only want to change to an alternative solid fuel based moniker for fun).

How does one change one's username? (only want to change to an alternative solid fuel based moniker for fun).

One sends a PM to Stu Neville as I do not have the requisite permissions.
I can deal with most other things, but not that.

One sends a PM to Stu Neville as I do not have the requisite permissions.
I can deal with most other things, but not that.
i didnt think usernames could be changed, mind you that was from about ten years ago

I've been very elusive for a while (and something went awry with my PMs,so sorry if I missed any messages) - if you still want to change user name let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet you never thought this would happen (being in charge of part of the Fortean Times empire) when you first started reading the Fortean Times? I imagine it would be like me waking up and finding myself in charge of the Enid Blyton estate, or Blue Peter, or, indeed, working for the BBC at all: a mythical situation, only half dreamed of!
Funnily enough I recently revisited the first issue I ever bought of FT: no 63, The Plumber From Lhasa, about Lobsang Rampa, and realised I got it exactly 25 years ago in WH Smith in preparation for a very long flight. I have no idea why I hadn't bought it before.

So - in a mere quarter of a century I've risen to this level, and been published in the mag (couple more on the way.) Meteoric! It was never intentional, just sort of ambled into it, and then I've just stuck with it. No, never anticipated this. But some of the best things that happen to anyone are out of the blue :).

Very slowly out of the blue in this case.

I have an old question, J_h -- originally known as Faggus -- disappeared at the point at which we all had to change our usernames or something.

Did he ever re-materialise under a new name? If I recall he was from Oxford and then at uni in Brighton.

I have an old question, J_h -- originally known as Faggus -- disappeared at the point at which we all had to change our usernames or something.

Did he ever re-materialise under a new name? If I recall he was from Oxford and then at uni in Brighton.

I am in touch with him on Facebook. He is thriving! Do you remember that beautiful portrait his friend did of him?

I am in touch with him on Facebook. He is thriving! Do you remember that beautiful portrait his friend did of him?

Don't recall his painting, but I enjoyed his posts. In the beginning, he was one of the youngest posters here, but he'll be a greybeard by now.

Back