• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Ha ha! Your own fault for doing it when you're a low hanger. Luckily, mine's tiny enough that the problem's easily avoided.
Yeah, it really helps if the chairs are tiny. :cool:

I just started watching Deep Space 9. Do the silly Jake & Nog stories keep going? I don't watch science fiction to hear about mischievous kids.

DS9 is the best Trek series, the Enterprise and Voyager just deal with the Problem Of The Week, then warp the hell out of there, and not deal with the results of their actions, where as DS9 the consequences of their actions always come back to bite them on the backside...

I've just noticed For the Love of Spock, Adam Nimoy's documentary about his father Leonard Nimoy, is available on Netflix for all you crazy kids who get your kicks from newfangled viewing platforms.:)

Why didn't he name it "Oh, for Spock's sake!" instead?

I just started watching Deep Space 9. Do the silly Jake & Nog stories keep going? I don't watch science fiction to hear about mischievous kids.

They even grow up and become useful, mature (if slightly traumatised) adults after a while.

I noticed that as the series went on and Riker became more portly, when hit, the Enterprise usually tilted down on his side.
Will Riker must have been pretty big by the time the first ST:TNG movie was made, because in the space battle with the Klingon warship I distinctly remember the Klingon captain giving the order, 'Fire at Will!'

Looks like Sonequa Martin-Green off of The Walking Dead is the new lead in Star Trek: Discovery. Now all they need to do is find someone to watch it! HAHAHAhaahaaaa.... ahem. Seriously, it'll be nice to see her on a show where she has something to do.

For nostalgia fans, the original Star Trek is on the Horror Channel weekdays 6 - 7pm.

Tonight's episode saw them using antimatter to kill a cloud. Engines were pushed almost to breaking point & an 11 year old score was settled.

I still watch them, even though I've seen them so many times before.

(In one of my previous jobs I was once phoned up by Walter 'Chekov' Koenig and also by Harlan Ellison, writer of the all-time best ST episode City on the Edge of Forever, who was calling to berate the magazine I was working on over something we'd written. I'm a huge Ellison fan and was able to mollify him - and we ended up doing a feature about him.)

Deep Space 9 has turned out to be a good series. I like the political maneuvering and lack of annoying chefs.

Deep Space 9 has turned out to be a good series. I like the political maneuvering and lack of annoying chefs.
Some of my favourite characters in that. Especially Quark, who might have been modelled on Arthur Daley.

I've grown fond of Garak myself. I rather like the Cardassians, they are like less one-dimensional romulans.

Do you think we can get the people who make the new series to name a ship Warpy McWarpface?

You are worth your weight in gold pressed latinum!

FECK!!

Fockcopy.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not a Trekkie/Trekkor but IMO the original series was the best .. this is a good fan tribute thingy ...

For nostalgia fans, the original Star Trek is on the Horror Channel weekdays 6 - 7pm.

Tonight's episode saw them using antimatter to kill a cloud. Engines were pushed almost to breaking point & an 11 year old score was settled.

I've been enjoying watching these again & am surprised at how many episodes feature Kirk falling for foxy alien babes or vice versa. Far more than I remember from watching it years ago. More often than not it means the babe's days are numbered.

Another thing - the theme tune at the beginning of each episode features an operatic style woman's voice singing along prominently in the mix whereas the theme at the end doesn't. I don't remember the woman singing version from watching it years ago & am pretty sure only the non-vocal one was used when it was shown here.

There's been a few comical episodes - Spock's brain was stolen in one but Bones managed to rig up a device like a tv remote to control his basic movements & could make him walk. I'm sure I've seen most of them before, & probably several times, but it's surprising how many I've forgotten.

The funniest episode is where Kirk gets an evil double after a transporter mix-up, he's hilarious. Prime Shatner.

The funniest episode is where Kirk gets an evil double after a transporter mix-up, he's hilarious. Prime Shatner.

Again with the transporter mix-ups!

Transporter malfunctions seemed to be one of the biggest technological menaces before holodecks were invented.

Re-watching DS9 at the moment (I'm re-watching, MrsCarlos has never seen it) - just started Season 3 and I forgot just how good it gets.

Colm Meaney is a bit of a hero in our household, the wife's brothers were extras in a movie with him a few years ago, and she finds it constantly entertaining that there's a fellow Dub in Star Fleet. You can take the man out of Dublin...

Back