• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Deaths

I have seen and heard some terrible things on the internet. I am sorry to say that my first impulse is to share them!

Maybe it's in the hope they can be diluted by more people knowing. :huh:

If someone says, "don't look!" I often do.

It does seem to be human instinct to know about the worst things that can possibly happen. That's why, mainly, I avoid the Non Fortean News! :(

It's strange what does and doesn't mess people's heads up.

Personally, I didn't find the bear munching too bad, which isn't to say that I'd want to hear it again. There's some solace in the fact that the guy was a fucking moron who ran crazy risks until his luck ran out, sucks more that he got his partner munched with him.

There is a whole genre on youtube of 911 call recordings. For some reason, I cannot face those at all. Maybe the desperation in them is just too much.

Everyone to their own I know, maybe I'm over sensitive but most of this would stick in my mind for a long time after and I wouldn't be able to forget about it. I know someone from work who, with a friend, watched an apparently real video 'three men one hammer' I believe. But it disturbed him so much, even talking about it years later he felt sick as it came back into his mind. I seem to recall reading that your internet provider may throw you off the service should anyone tried to watch it. Don't know if true or not.

'three men one hammer'

Among the things I wish I had not watched. It went viral a few years ago with kids challenging each other to view it. There are even "reaction videos" in which the ghastly thing is replayed for unsuspecting friends and relatives - including, in at least one case, a very elderly lady. You would expect this to be a "lad" thing but a significant number of girls were actively encouraging others to view it. It was - and probably still is - easy to find on sites which merely ask you to confirm your age. I don't think ISPs have done anything to prevent its viewing beyond their usual safeguarding routines.

The video, I'm sorry to say, is genuine and the record of an atrociously savage murder in Russia with hammers and a screwdriver. It takes about seven minutes to view and is impossible to forget. :(

Among the things I wish I had not watched. It went viral a few years ago with kids challenging each other to view it. There are even "reaction videos" in which the ghastly thing is replayed for unsuspecting friends and relatives - including, in at least one case, a very elderly lady. You would expect this to be a "lad" thing but a significant number of girls were actively encouraging others to view it. It was - and probably still is - easy to find on sites which merely ask you to confirm your age. I don't think ISPs have done anything to prevent its viewing beyond their usual safeguarding routines.

The video, I'm sorry to say, is genuine and the record of an atrociously savage murder in Russia with hammers and a screwdriver. It takes about seven minutes to view and is impossible to forget. :(
Isn't it (technically speaking) a snuff movie?
Horrifying.

... but most of this would stick in my mind for a long time after and I wouldn't be able to forget about it ...

You don't need the internet for that. Recently I couldn't resist reading the chapter on the execution of Balthasar Gerards, the killer of William of Orange, at the second-hand book-market. I advise you not to look it up ...

I can read ghastly true accounts, although certainly don't seek them out, that is enough for me to confirm that I am right not to view whatever it is. I read some of the transcript from the Jonestown Massacre which was way enough for me.

It brought to mind this horrid case.

"The 47-year-old welder from Buckinghamshire, who has not been named, died in intensive care a week after being engulfed by "clouds of dust" when he opened bags of rotting plant material that had been left to fester, in a case reported in the Lancet." :eek:

He did, at least, go quickly - and quietly! :evil:

An Oklahoma woman allegedly beat her daughter before shoving a crucifix down her throat and posing her dead body in the shape of a cross, police said.

Juanita Gomez, 49, was charged with first-degree murder on Monday, Reuters reports. She claimed her 33-year-old daughter, Geneva Gomez, was possessed by the devil and allegedly punched her repeatedly to “rid Satan from her body,” court records show.

“Juanita stated she punched her daughter repeatedly and forced a crucifix and religious medallion down her throat until blood came out of her daughter’s mouth,” court documents stated, according to the Oklahoman. “Juanita saw her daughter die and then placed the body in the shape of a cross.”

Authorities found Geneva Gomez lying on the floor with her arms extended and her legs straight, the Washington Post reports. A large crucifix was also resting on her chest.

http://time.com/4473942/woman-crucifix-daughter-cross-oklahoma/?xid=time_socialflow_twitter

"The 47-year-old welder from Buckinghamshire, who has not been named, died in intensive care a week after being engulfed by "clouds of dust" when he opened bags of rotting plant material that had been left to fester, in a case reported in the Lancet." :eek:

Medics do love to share their grisly stories. As I've mentioned, when I had access to the medical journals at university I'd research/browse them (for strange stuff :D) and came across lots of cases where a doctor had been called to certify a death, and been so amazed by the circumstances that they'd called their mates over to see it too.

Er, I mean the doctor would need a second/third/fourth opinion as to how the death had come about.

In one example a man had created a large self-pleasuring device from DIY supplies which had worked too quickly and killed him. The attending doctor rang round and mustered a little group of medical pals who took bets on how long the thing would take to fully engage, and when they set it off again were amazed at how fast (and dangerous) it was.

This was written up and given as evidence at the inquest. The verdict was Misadventure: the victim had not meant to kill himself.

The article included a photo of the body in situ. I probably have it on a CD somewhere buried under accounts of the incidence of crime against Australian pensioners on public transport.

Er, I mean the doctor would need a second/third/fourth opinion as to how the death had come about.

I bet it took all four of the buggers working all night just to get the smile off his face. :rofl:

On a more serious note, the damn scariest sex toy I ever saw was a dildo attachment for a jigsaw :( THought it was mis-listed on Ebay until the penny dropped. That's just asking for trouble.

On a more serious note, the damn scariest sex toy I ever saw was a dildo attachment for a jigsaw :( THought it was mis-listed on Ebay until the penny dropped. That's just asking for trouble.

I believe we have a thread on those, or at least an honourable mention on one. There's been at least one death.

A bride-to-be accidentally killed herself while trying to say goodbye to her dead best friend.

Jazmine Howarth, from Radclifee, thought she could “control death” and meet her friend Dionne Corbett "half-way to heaven".

Miss Howarth’s fiancée found her hanged in a community garden near her home, 24 hours after she had visited Ms Corbett’s body in a chapel of rest.

An inquest at Rochdale Coroner's Court was told Miss Howarth had written letters saying she wanted to meet mother-of-one Miss Corbett “for one last time”, according to the Mirror.

The 25-year-old said after the visit she would carry on with life and “return to the land of the living”.

Ms Corbett’s suicide had left Miss Howarth devastated as the pair had been best friends since they were toddlers. ...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ne-howarth-radcliffe-manchester-a7219561.html

There's a bit more to that story than we're getting, surely. For a start, I've read that the first death, of Miss Corbett, was also suicide. She had a young child. Things must have been very bad. It all seems murky.

Parachutist dies after landing in housing estate
10 September 2016

A parachutist has died after her chute failed to open and she crash-landed in Shotton Colliery, County Durham, police say.
The 49-year-old from Hebburn, South Tyneside, had jumped before but not in the UK, Durham Police said.
She was found in a cul-de-sac close to the airfield at Shotton Colliery from where her plane had taken off.
The Great North Air Ambulance Service flew the woman to the James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough.

Det Insp Dave Cuthbert said: "This is a tragic incident. The lady who has died was using her own equipment and was making her first sky-dive in this country, having previously made parachute jumps abroad.
"We will be working with the HSE and the British Parachuting Association to establish why this tragedy happened."

The coroner has been informed and a post-mortem examination is due to be carried out on the woman's body.
It is understood residents carried out CPR on the woman before paramedics arrived at the scene, where she had landed on a car.

One witness, who did not want to be named, said seeing parachutists was not unusual, but this jump - involving a group of parachutists - had made him look up.
"I could hear a fluttering noise and it sounded unusual," he said.
"I could see it was not the main parachute, because they're massive. It was so close to the ground."
He said it did not look like the woman was moving before she hit the car and he thought she was unconscious.
"She was not screaming," he said. "All I can see is her spinning like a top."

He did not see the impact, but later saw the woman on the ground as people tried to help her, after she appeared to have suffered a serious head injury.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-37328680

Brazil TV star Domingos Montagner drowns on set of soap opera

One of Brazil's best-loved television actors, Domingos Montagner, has drowned in a river where the crew had been recording scenes for the country's most popular soap opera.
Montagner played the leading role in Velho Chico, a soap opera named after the Sao Francisco river where he died.

The 54-year-old had gone for a swim with an actress after a day of shooting in the north-eastern state of Sergipe.
She said he was dragged away by the river's strong currents.
The actress, Camila Pitanga, cried for help but local people failed to act initially as they believed the drowning was a scene in the soap opera.
The authorities said there was little that anyone could have done.

"They thought they had chosen a safe spot to swim, but that is one of the most dangerous areas in the town of Caninde and usually avoided by locals," police chief Antonio Francisco Filho told O Globo.

A few hours after the incident, rescue teams found Montagner's body underwater, some 300 metres (984ft) from where he drowned.

Montagner was born in Sao Paulo and had a career in the circus before becoming a television actor.
He had been married for 14 years to actress Luciana Lima, with whom he had three children.
The news of his death has caused commotion in Brazil, where fellow actors and have paid tributes to the actor.

The football team he supported, Corinthians, praised him also for his success as a handball player for the club's affiliate in the 1980s.
His latest film, "Um Namorado Para Minha Mulher" (A Boyfriend For My Wife), was released two weeks ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-37381477

Another strange death in Brixham:
Yachtsman death: Paramedic 'looking forward to moving closer to the coast'
Jonathan Morris
BBC News Online
Posted at 13:23

Tributes have been paid to a yachtsman whose body was found washed up off the Devon coast.
Father of two and paramedic Thomas Hodgson, 42, from Walsall, West Midlands, went missing while visiting Brixham on 11 September. His body was found by an angler on Saturday morning at the town's Breakwater Beach.

His family said Mr Hodgson was "looking forward to moving closer to the coast where he planned to continue his interests in diving and sailing".
They said: "Tom was the father of two children who will always remember him as a dad who encouraged them to be adventurous and to work hard to make a success of their lives."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-devon-37365400

A blind hoarder who had always wondered what became of her son 20 years ago has discovered that he was lying dead upstairs the whole time.

But because there was so much junk and bad smells in the house, she apparently had no idea.

Authorities in New York say they believe the woman thought he had simply left home without saying anything.

Now the horrific truth has been revealed at the house on Avenue N near East 22nd Street.

The mother is now quite elderly and had been living with the skeletal remains of her son, possibly for as long as 20 years, the New York Post reports.

"She is a legally blind hoarder," - so that's all right then!
And they tell you that clearing the junk will make you feel better! :huh:

Back