• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Deaths

Man Drives Into Reservoir.

"We’ve been told the car went into the water “practically at the bottom of the car park” belonging to the Turnpike Inn pub on Oldham Road."

The incident seems to have happened Sunday evening during daylight hours. As the pictures show, the water is very close to the road at that point. An accident perhaps.

It is a bleakly scenic route across the moors which I have taken to the Halifax area a few times. RIP. :(

Good grief.

Glass-coated kite string kills three people on independence day in Delhi

Two children and a man have died in Delhi after their throats were slit by glass-coated strings used for flying kites on Indian independence day.

Sanchi Goyal, three, and a four-year-old identified only as Harry, both suffered fatal injuries while looking out of the sunroof of their cars in different parts of the Indian capital on Monday. Zafar Khan, 22, died after his neck became entangled in a string while he was on his motorbike.

Kite-flyers use glass-coated strings to bring down rivals’ kites but they frequently inflict injuries. Birds are also affected – 500 have been admitted to the city’s Charity Birds facility with injuries from kite strings in the past three days.

That really is a truly bizarre story - it would be written off as the worst kind of pulp fiction if it wasn't actually real/ :eek:

I read about poor old Susan Cabot in one of Danny Peary's books ages ago, somehow it wasn't mentioned by Kenneth Anger, maybe it missed the deadline.

one of Danny Peary's books

Blimey, now there is another weird synchronicity. I had heard the name before online a few times but I only thought about it this afternoon. A Middleton charidee-shop had three volumes of his Cult Movies books.

I passed on them, as they wanted £4 each for slightly ratty-looking paperbacks. Most of the titles looked pretty familar now. :rolleyes:

Probably the Wasp Woman was in there!

i can get my mum to look for them if you like? she lives in middleton (gtr manchester) im sure she'd pick em up and hold on to them?

Blimey, now there is another weird synchronicity. I had heard the name before online a few times but I only thought about it this afternoon. A Middleton charidee-shop had three volumes of his Cult Movies books.

I passed on them, as they wanted £4 each for slightly ratty-looking paperbacks. Most of the titles looked pretty familar now. :rolleyes:

Probably the Wasp Woman was in there!

It's not, but Peary's film criticism changed the way I looked at films and made me willing to give such a wide variety of movies a chance. Really enriched my movie watching experience from then on, so if you see any of his books, pick them up and give them a go.

Anyway, back on topic...

This is grim if true. From India.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/mum-eaten-alive-100-dogs-8681715
Mum eaten alive by 100 stray dogs

A mother was eaten alive on a beach by a terrifying pack of 100 stray dogs as her son watched on in horror.

Eyewitnesses said the woman, named locally as Siluvamma, was walking on the beach in Pulluvila in Kerala, south India when she was set upon - having her limbs ripped off in a horrifying attack.

She was with her son, who could not save his mother.

He eventually had to race into the sea to escape from the dogs.

Speaking to reporters, he said after the incident: "My mother went to the beach at night. As she did not return, I went out searching for her.

What I saw was shocking. She was being attacked by over 100 stray dogs. She was bleeding all over the body."

I've heard a recording of a person supposedly being eaten alive by a bear. Not sure if it was real, but it sounded real enough.

Wasn't Timothy Treadwell was it?

Unlikely, because the recording was never supposed to be released. It was made on a camcorder which was left running while the bears attacked and killed Treadwell. Brrr.

I'm sure i've heard that on one of those 10 most disturbing recordings type videos. It sounded legit.

Here we go, the audio clip is around 12:30 with a few minutes intro before that:

It's about as pleasant as you'd expect.

There also some of the Jim Jones 'death tape' in this vid.

Werner Herzog heard it and said we must never listen to it ever. I'll follow his orders.

It's cut from the end of the film that he was never going to get to watch *shudder*

Are you meaning the audio is from a dramatisation rather than the actual audio?

Or meaning it's from the camera at the scene that had the lens cap on?

Are you meaning the audio is from a dramatisation rather than the actual audio?

Or meaning it's from the camera at the scene that had the lens cap on?
It's from the camera at the scene that had the lens cap on. Actual confirmed audio *another shudder*

It's from the camera at the scene that had the lens cap on. Actual confirmed audio *another shudder*

Herzog said the lens cap was on but nobody really knows what happened, the couple could have been killed at night, or the camera could have been in a rucksack. We don't even know why the camera was turned on in the first place - would it be your first impulse to record your partner getting mauled (assuming it was the girlfriend who switched it on)? A bit of a mystery, and we can't exactly interview the bear.

Herzog said the lens cap was on but nobody really knows what happened, the couple could have been killed at night, or the camera could have been in a rucksack. We don't even know why the camera was turned on in the first place - would it be your first impulse to record your partner getting mauled (assuming it was the girlfriend who switched it on)? A bit of a mystery, and we can't exactly interview the bear.

Herzog's innocent until proven guilty ?

Back