The Outrageous Life & Suspicious Death Of Jeffrey Epstein

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I mean that she has a setup so that blackmail material is sent out, if she is suddenly found dead.
I see what you mean.
She'd need to organise that and inform everyone she has the dirt on, which might have been possible when Epstain was alive. He was a brilliant organiser and wheedler, but she's is not. She wouldn't even know how to approach the right people over it.

Also it would cost a fortune which one assumes she is keeping back for her defence these days. She tried to demand the Epstein estate pay her legal bills but got nowhere with that.

It's currently 10:36 in New York, coffee time. :rollingw:

Roland Deschain

All things serve the beam
Reaction score
I see what you mean.
She'd need to organise that and inform everyone she has the dirt on, which might have been possible when Epstain was alive. He was a brilliant organiser and wheedler, but she's is not. She wouldn't even know how to approach the right people over it.

Also it would cost a fortune which one assumes she is keeping back for her defence these days. She tried to demand the Epstein estate pay her legal bills but got nowhere with that.

It's currently 10:36 in New York, coffee time. :rollingw:
Cough cough $50 and a few minutes https://www.deadmansswitch.net/

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Cough cough $50 and a few minutes https://www.deadmansswitch.net/
Cheap at twice the price! :chuckle:

However, it won't work because nobody will do it for her. To get people involved in that sort of scheme you need to have either money to give them or power over them, and it has to be worth their while co-operating.

None of this applies here. Maxwell might have loads of well-stocked bank accounts but she can currently only access the outside world through her lawyers. She will have strictly-controlled internet access to use for listening to music or read e-books but won't be able to surf the 'net or use email freely.

She only has a few people she can trust. Her lawyers would decamp if the money was cut off. She'd be mad to talk to anyone else about it.

Also, it's a massive admission of guilt. Her defence is that nothing happened and it's all lies.
Finally, there are so many people who'd like to see her dead it'd take until Kingdom Come to get the paperwork finished.

Her days of coercing other people for her own ends are over. :)

I will be very surprised indeed if she lives to the end of this year, or even to the start of the trial. Nobody at all is stepping up for her.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I will be very surprised indeed if she lives to the end of this year, or even to the start of the trial. Nobody at all is stepping up for her.
I think The Don still likes her so all is not lost.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I think The Don still likes her so all is not lost.
Trump had to be talked out of pardoning her as he was leaving office, asking what she'd said about him and whether she'd 'roll' (inform) on anyone.
He doesn't care. :chuckle:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Trying hard to stay away from the coverage because I don't want to waste it by reading it all at once. :wink2:

This is fun though -

Long story short, HRH is being sued in New York and if he doesn't turn up to defend himself he loses by default.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Trying hard to stay away from the coverage because I don't want to waste it by reading it all at once. :wink2:

This is fun though -

Long story short, HRH is being sued in New York and if he doesn't turn up to defend himself he loses by default.
Presumably though, if he doesn’t go to the US to defend himself or ever again, there’s nothing else they can do. It’s not as if we're going to extradite him.

He’ll just stay in the position he’s now in - no royal career, blackened name etc. That’s got to be his best option..

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Presumably though, if he doesn’t go to the US to defend himself or ever again, there’s nothing else they can do. It’s not as if we're going to extradite him.

He’ll just stay in the position he’s now in - no royal career, blackened name etc. That’s got to be his best option..
Yup, he's sort of in limbo. He'll be found against in court and ordered to pay a settlement which won't be forthcoming because he has no intention of setting foot in America again. That will have to do!

I'd like to see him come over all too honourable again and turn up in court to tell more lies. There'd be some lovely sweating then.
:chuckle:

Cressida Dick, Commissioner of the Met, (London police) is quoted in the video as saying the police will co-operate fully within the law.
This was taken as a hint that HRH can't be arrested because he is a prince. That's not the case as it applies only the monarch and Dick knows that.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I'd like to see him come over all too honourable again and turn up in court to tell more lies. There'd be some lovely sweating then.
That would be a chance for him to put his foot in it. The establishment won't let that happen, at least not without close guidance.
He'll never be extradited to America.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
That would be a chance for him to put his foot in it. The establishment won't let that happen, at least not without close guidance.
He'll never be extradited to America.
The current case against him is civil rather than criminal so there's no chance of extradition for it anyway.
If Maxwell ever comes to trial he might be called as a witness but again, he won't go willingly.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
The current case against him is civil rather than criminal so there's no chance of extradition for it anyway.
If Maxwell ever comes to trial he might be called as a witness but again, he won't go willingly.
The net effect will be an inconclusive verdict, but the Queen will probably tell him to retire into obscurity (he is almost at that point anyway).

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
The net effect will be an inconclusive verdict, but the Queen will probably tell him to retire into obscurity (he is almost at that point anyway).
No, ignoring it won't get him off the hook. The case won't go away.
If he doesn't turn up to answer the case in court he loses by default and will be liable for damages and court costs.
He won't have to pay because he can't be made to from a foreign country but he will have lost the case and owe the money anyway.
This will be a huge humiliation for the royal family.

:cool:

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Yup, he's sort of in limbo. He'll be found against in court and ordered to pay a settlement which won't be forthcoming because he has no intention of setting foot in America again. That will have to do!

Cressida Dick, Commissioner of the Met, (London police) is quoted in the video as saying the police will co-operate fully within the law.
This was taken as a hint that HRH can't be arrested because he is a prince. That's not the case as it applies only the monarch and Dick knows that.
Yeah, I think he’s going to remain in that limbo from now on. They’re never going to arrest him are they..

He would be disastrous if he was ever questioned officially in court & he knows it. His claim of not being able to sweat could perhaps be medically tested & found [probably] to be a lie. He has ‘no recollection of ever meeting Virginia Guiffre’ yet there he is, grinning with his arm around her in the photo. His memory not too reliable apparently.

And if there’s now another witness to the Tramps sweaty dancing incident, even more reason to keep your head down, say nothing, admit nothing, bluff it out. I don’t think there’s any other option for him & no real payback worse than his current situation.

I’d be amazed if he admitted anything now or submitted himself to court.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Yeah, I think he’s going to remain in that limbo from now on. They’re never going to arrest him are they..

He would be disastrous if he was ever questioned officially in court & he knows it. His claim of not being able to sweat could perhaps be medically tested & found [probably] to be a lie. He has ‘no recollection of ever meeting Virginia Guiffre’ yet there he is, grinning with his arm around her in the photo. His memory not too reliable apparently.

And if there’s now another witness to the Tramps sweaty dancing incident, even more reason to keep your head down, say nothing, admit nothing, bluff it out. I don’t think there’s any other option for him & no real payback worse than his current situation.

I’d be amazed if he admitted anything now or submitted himself to court.
I think Liz might organise a little accident if it looked like anything was going to happen to bring worse shame on the House of Windsor, those shooting parties can be dangerous places, maybe a holiday to Midsomer is in order :p

Xanatic*

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Regarding the prince and the court case against him. Wouldn't they need to serve him a summons, in person, before they can say he has lost by simply not showing up?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
We'll see.

I doubt things will go much further. Even if the case is heard without him and he loses by default he won't have to pay up.
Guiffre will have to be content with that.

It wouldn't be an empty victory though, as the world will have seen Andrew continuing to wriggle and squirm his way out of having to call her a liar in person. Speaks volumes.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
We'll see.

I doubt things will go much further. Even if the case is heard without him and he loses by default he won't have to pay up.
Guiffre will have to be content with that.

It wouldn't be an empty victory though, as the world will have seen Andrew continuing to wriggle and squirm his way out of having to call her a liar in person. Speaks volumes.
And I'm presuming he will never be able to travel to the USA again. However you look at it, he hasn't come out of this with any credit.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
And I'm presuming he will never be able to travel to the USA again. However you look at it, he hasn't come out of this with any credit.
I would say he was in danger of being arrested on an international arrest warrant if he set foot anywhere outside of the UK.

Rushfan62

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
I know the two cases aren't connected, but every time I read about prince Andrew and this law suit, I can't help but think about Anne Saccoolis . She killed that poor kid, then pissed off back to the US, screaming diplomatic immunity . Do the Yanks really think we'd give up a Prince of the realm just to appease some greedy little tart and her grasping lawyers? He should just tell 'em to piss off.

PeteS

Seeking refuge
Reaction score
Funny old business this obsession the UK has with royalty and what they can or cannot do. I wouldn't have thought that there has been a single generation of royals over a millenium who haven't been embroiled in some scandal or other. In the past these "indiscretions" have largely been covered up , not possible now though, and perhaps a very good thing indeed. With the possible exception of Elizabeth, most Royals seem to have totally lacked the perception of realising the consequences of their actions. Says it all really that they get caught up in this stuff.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
I know the two cases aren't connected, but every time I read about prince Andrew and this law suit, I can't help but think about Anne Saccoolis . She killed that poor kid, then pissed off back to the US, screaming diplomatic immunity . Do the Yanks really think we'd give up a Prince of the realm just to appease some greedy little tart and her grasping lawyers? He should just tell 'em to piss off.
Diplomatic immunity, it's just been revoked.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
greedy little tart and her grasping lawyers
Guiffre was a teenager who had been trafficked for sex. When Ghislaine Maxwell publicly called Guiffre something like a greedy little tart and a liar Guiffre sued Maxwell in 2015 for defamation.

Maxwell couldn't risk standing up in court to defend callling Guiffre names after having entrapped and assaulted her. She settled ahead of the case for an undisclosed sum in 2017.

Maxwell had to eat her words and pay up.

Rushfan62

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
I wasn't quoting Maxwell, didn't know she'd used that term, those were my words. As for trafficking, we've all seen the photos of her with Andrew, happily smiling and probably thinking there was a good pay day in it for her . The time period too, in which she's just decided after all this time to make a play for a few quid fills me with mistrust in her motives.