• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Psychics Thread

I wonder if Dels going to make contact with Colin in the near future. They could team up and do a `Randall and Hopkirk Deceased` themed stage show.

Mike Pratt :D

I wonder if Dels going to make contact with Colin in the near future. They could team up and do a `Randall and Hopkirk Deceased` themed stage show.

I'm prepared. (Something I made some years ago)

SoulDonorsCard.jpg

That's brilliant! :D

I'd carry one.
In fact, as we've often discussed on'ere in various threads, we could informally undertake to prove it to each other.
I'm happy to provide a sign to anyone who'd like one after my death. :)

I get to choose the sign, though, and there won't be any butterflies or fluffy white angels' feathers. ;)

Seeing Freedom in Their Future, Psychics Reveal All: ‘It’s a Scam, Sir’

Is it real? Or a bunch of baloney? It’s a question New Yorkers and visitors to the city may ask themselves when they pass any of the seemingly countless storefront fortunetellers.

Celia Mitchell, 38, was pointedly asked that exact question last year: “What is the psychic business? Is it real, or a bunch of baloney?”

She answered, “It’s a scam, sir.”

“The whole thing is a scam?”

“Yes.”

Ms. Mitchell would know. She herself was a psychic. But after making a living portraying herself as a vessel of supernatural powers, she was coming clean.

She worked out of shops on Ninth Avenue in the Hell’s Kitchen section of Manhattan. In 2009, Ms. Mitchell told a client that a dark spirit was keeping happiness at bay. She asked the client for an $11,450 Rolex watch and a lot of candles and cash to clean the spirits. In all, the client paid her $159,205, according to a criminal complaint.

Ms. Mitchell was arrested and convicted of grand larceny and sent to prison, which is where, on March 4, 2014, she came to be questioned about her work. In the process, she joined a very specific group: convicted psychics who, seeking an early release from prison, sit for interviews before the parole board. ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/29/n...tcore-iphone-share&smprod=nytcore-iphone&_r=0

... A New York City detective visited her apartment. The woman said she had recently been diagnosed with terminal cancer. Grasping for hope, she had visited a store in Fort Lee marked “psychic” on the awning. There she met the younger woman, who said she had healing powers and could help, but she needed cash and gold, according to a racketeering indictment released last week in Somerset County, N.J., and in other court documents.

The psychic had driven the woman to West 47th Street that day, and they had left with $128,000 in gold bars.

The psychic was identified as Sable Edwards, 26, the wife of the man whose safe deposit box yielded the gold. Detectives searched the couple’s home in Cliffside Park and found a notebook — a diary, really — that suggested Ms. Edwards was doing more than telling fortunes.

The diary listed the names of nine women. Beside each was the name of a store. “Adel Wilson, Victoria’s Secret,” “Angela Cohen, Walmart,” and so forth. The address of the store, a date, the birth dates of the women and other facts were included.

Investigators contacted the stores and pieced together a pattern. The list was a record of slip-and-fall incidents in New York and New Jersey, apparently coordinated by Ms. Edwards and pulled off with the help of two of her cousins. ...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-new-jersey-psychic-with-a-box-of-swiss-gold/ar-AAdY4Z9

... A New York City detective visited her apartment. The woman said she had recently been diagnosed with terminal cancer. Grasping for hope, she had visited a store in Fort Lee marked “psychic” on the awning. There she met the younger woman, who said she had healing powers and could help, but she needed cash and gold, according to a racketeering indictment released last week in Somerset County, N.J., and in other court documents.

The psychic had driven the woman to West 47th Street that day, and they had left with $128,000 in gold bars.

The psychic was identified as Sable Edwards, 26, the wife of the man whose safe deposit box yielded the gold. Detectives searched the couple’s home in Cliffside Park and found a notebook — a diary, really — that suggested Ms. Edwards was doing more than telling fortunes.

The diary listed the names of nine women. Beside each was the name of a store. “Adel Wilson, Victoria’s Secret,” “Angela Cohen, Walmart,” and so forth. The address of the store, a date, the birth dates of the women and other facts were included.

Investigators contacted the stores and pieced together a pattern. The list was a record of slip-and-fall incidents in New York and New Jersey, apparently coordinated by Ms. Edwards and pulled off with the help of two of her cousins. ...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-new-jersey-psychic-with-a-box-of-swiss-gold/ar-AAdY4Z9

Interesting that connection to slip-and-fall incidents. When I worked retail, our store had been sued for exactly that - by the town's self-proclaimed "Gypsy Princess" fortune-teller.

‘I let psychics run my entire life' says the woman who's spent £30,000 on receiving messages from the dead

Over the past 40 years I’ve continued to regularly seek spiritual guidance. Being able to ‘tune in’ to the other side doesn’t come cheap. I’ve spent about £30,000 on my habit.

That’s £700 a year over 40 years. I’ve explored my future with everything from tarot cards to tea leaves to crystal balls.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/i-psychics-run-entire-life-6690725

£700 a year really isn't that much. If she's ended up exploring opportunities she wouldn't have otherwise explored and has enjoyed experiences she wouldn't have otherwise have had, then I guess that's a pretty good deal.

This combination is like catnip for me, but YMMV:

Large numbers of Russians are consulting mystics and psychics - up to a fifth of the population has done so at least once, according to one polling organisation. And there are signs that this tendency is increasing amid economic crisis and conflict in Ukraine.

I have never visited a psychic. So as I stand in the huge metal lift of a multi-storey building in a Moscow suburb, I am filled with curiosity, scepticism and some trepidation. My appointment is with Alexander Sheps, a celebrity psychic.

I grew up in St Petersburg, the city once home to Russia's most famous psychic, Rasputin.

But Sheps looks nothing like the bearded beady-eyed priest. Young and tall, he is rather as I would have imagined Count Dracula in his youth, but more softly spoken. His black T-shirt sports a picture of a ghostly skull.

Sheps is a winner of the The Battle of the Psychics, a reality TV show that attracts more than four million viewers per episode in Russia, even now into its 16th series.

Believe me, Russian telly is crap, but still: "Battle of the Psychics"? :rofl:

£700 a year really isn't that much. If she's ended up exploring opportunities she wouldn't have otherwise explored and has enjoyed experiences she wouldn't have otherwise have had, then I guess that's a pretty good deal.

Maybe not if she now believes she's utterly wasted her life on the dead.

This combination is like catnip for me

Psychics? Catnip?

Your cat can read your mind (and other pets are psychic too), claim owners in new research

MILLIONS of British animal lovers believe they are living with psychic pets, according to new research.

Four in 10 reckon their four-legged friends have special powers to sense supernatural activity or predict when their owner has a mystery illness.

The survey of 2,000 owners commissioned by Blue Cross also revealed that over a third believe their pet protects them by fending off ghosts and spirits.

Many say they have been alerted to a supernatural presence by their pet barking, growling, backing away from an empty space, or the raising of 'hackles' on their necks.

One cat owner claimed to have seen a door swing open and her cat follow an unseen presence around the room with its eyes.

Other owners describe how their pets avoid certain places or behaves strangely in areas where someone has died.

And three-quarters of all pet owners believe animals can sense or predict illnesses.

http://www.cheddarvalleygazette.co....m-owners-new/story-28069938-detail/story.html

A few papers have picked up on this story today...

'Telepathic' five-year-old studied by scientists after he stunned mum with 'mind-reading abilities'

This 'telepathic' little boy is being studied by scientists after stunning people with his apparent mind-reading abilities

Five-year-old Ramses Sanguino is able to say with unerring accuracy which random numbers his mum Nyx is looking at.

Now the youngster, who is learning seven languages and solving complex maths problems , is being studied by scientists thanks to his amazing skills.

Ramses is believed to be one of the top five savants in the world and Nyx posts videos of her son showing off his talents online.

His exploits have even caught the eye of a respected neuroscientist - who is studying Ramses as part a cutting-edge research project into telepathy.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/telepathic-five-year-old-studied-6781860

Presumably they didn't predict for him the fact he'd lose all his fortune by hanging around with them. Professional courtesy, I'm sure.

I made you say that.

I knew you were going to do that!

Now cross my palm with silver!

(I know how you're going to respond to that!)

The farce is strong in this one...

I remember a couple of decades ago now, a mate of mine who was a very gifted natural medium, natural in that he knew next to nothing about the occult, was out in my home area in Dorset IIRC, and there was a local vicar who he walked up to completely randomly and out of the blue, and approached this man and gently took a hold of him and said something like ''it was an accident'' ''he slipped'', then this vicar looked confused and pretty bewildered, when he suddenly completely broke down sobbing terribly.
After a while my friend Shane explained that he was a psychic and had to relay this message for the man, to which the man continued sobbing.

It turned out this vicar had been living in a nightmare of personal torment and psychological blame and guilt as his son had recently died from what he and his whole family had been convinced was a suicide, obviously the man's religious vocation, convictions and beliefs had made him all the more emotionally and spiritually distraught. This really was a huge relief and consoling closure for the guy and I presume completely altered the course of his life.

In today's Put Your Money where your mouth is, dealer David Harper tries to sell a bronze statuette to a woman presenter. But I think he was rather taken aback when she insisted her tame medium or pyschic should first verify and 'cleanse' the sculpture! :eek:

I must have watched hundreds of TV antiques shows, but that's a first!

The programme is here
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...s-13-18-philip-serrell-v-david-harper-auction

and the relevant action starts at 34m 37s in.

Enjoy! :)

Last edited:
Back