• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
People consistently overestimate the ability of "the government" to orchestrate social plots. Bureaucracy is desperately inefficient and works through people. Hundreds and thousands of governmental workers are not able to keep a complex plot going. You are only as strong as your weakest link and, from working in government for 30+ years, I can tell you there are a LOT of incompetent, incapable "links".

So QAnon as a government plot is nonsensical and ludicrous. It's a plot, alright, but by unhinged people who are terrified of social change and the future.
Spot on, I have been saying it for a while, it's quite laughable when you work or have worked in a large organization you realise that secrets are very hard to keep when more than two people are involved

People consistently overestimate the ability of "the government" to orchestrate social plots. Bureaucracy is desperately inefficient and works through people. Hundreds and thousands of governmental workers are not able to keep a complex plot going. You are only as strong as your weakest link and, from working in government for 30+ years, I can tell you there are a LOT of incompetent, incapable "links".

So QAnon as a government plot is nonsensical and ludicrous. It's a plot, alright, but by unhinged people who are terrified of social change and the future.
From what I've read on a few websites the QAnon stuff is an anti government thing. In what way, I haven't a clue.

If there's a brilliant insight behind QAnon, then it might be that people easily confuse unfalsifiability with inerrancy.

Whether someone exploited this aspect of human nature on purpose, or whether there's a monkeys-typing-Shakespeare vibe at work, the results are dramatic.

He'll soon be out. If he has any sense he'll monetize his image with (non-political) public appearances in his Shaman gear.

One of the most recognizable rioters from the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, will soon be released.

Jacob Chansley, better known as the “QAnon Shaman,” gained notoriety during the insurrection thanks to his face paint, bare chest and furry, Viking-style hat with horns.

Prosecutors said that during the Jan. 6 riot, Chansley yelled, “Time’s up, motherfuckers,” and left a note at the Senate dais that said, “It’s only a matter of time. Justice is coming.”

Chansley was sentenced to 41 months in federal prison in November 2021, but he was recently transferred from a federal prison complex to a halfway house in Arizona and is set to be released on May 25.

Chansley’s trial attorney, Albert Watkins, told Fox 10 Phoenix that he was pleased his former client is getting released.

“After serving 11 months in solitary prior to his sentence being imposed, and only 16 months of his sentence thereafter, it is appropriate this gentle and intelligent young man be permitted to move forward with the next stage of what undoubtedly will be a law-abiding and enriching life,” Watkins said.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jacob-chansley-qanon-shaman-prison-release_n_6425dfe3e4b0b2ba2320f042

He wants his hat back.

Convicted Insurrectionist and Libertarian candidate for Congress in Arizona, Jacob Chansley, wants his fuzzy be-horned cap back.

I guess people don't recognize Chansley without his signature "Hey, look at me!!!!" hat. Can't he get the parts on Amazon again? Does the Shaman think that particular, seemingly made of a cheap costume boa and plastic Viking helmet, hat has magical powers? It certainly didn't keep him out of prison.

The FBI seized Chansley's headdress and belongings when he surrendered, claiming it as evidence. Despite serving 27 months in prison for his role, Chansley argues that there's no justification for the government to keep the headdress, stating, "The case is over, so there's no reason for them to continue holding onto it."
Now on probation, Chansley desires to wear the headdress at future campaign events. His attorney, Bill Shipley, questions the government's reasons for retaining it, citing "shifting excuses."

https://boingboing.net/2024/01/15/qanon-shaman-wants-his-fuzzy-hat-back.html

Anyone know what happened to the countdown which was going on a couple of months back?

Anyone know what happened to the countdown which was going on a couple of months back?
It got to zero and then another count down began but for a different length of time.

I did watch a conspiracy type video that linked it to world events each time it reached zero but for me it wasn't conclusive.

It got to zero and then another count down began but for a different length of time.

I did watch a conspiracy type video that linked it to world events each time it reached zero but for me it wasn't conclusive.
So….. a countdown to the next countdown.

1706047165869.png

Damn! I missed zero!

It's now at 39 hours and some minutes to go. The suspense is awful, just awful, I tell you. The count down goes to zero and then? It starts again with a different countdown.

With the US debt clock, if you click on the top right, at the 'secret window', every few days it shows a different picture.

https://www.usdebtclock.org

This is in many ways so Fortean. It is weird and unexplainable. What does it mean, who put it there, and why is it there in the first place?

Edit: I just checked and it's now showing 28 hours and not 39 hours. This is getting more weird.

Last edited:
Damn! I missed zero!

It's now at 39 hours and some minutes to go. The suspense is awful, just awful, I tell you. The count down goes to zero and then? It starts again with a different countdown.

With the US debt clock, if you click on the top right, at the 'secret window', every few days it shows a different picture.

https://www.usdebtclock.org

This is in many ways so Fortean. It is weird and unexplainable. What does it mean, who put it there, and why is it there in the first place?

Edit: I just checked and it's now showing 28 hours and not 39 hours. This is getting more weird.
It's now showing 23 hours.

Bizarre. Who is behind this and why?

Edit: a few minutes later. It's now showing 20 hours??? Time slip maybe?

Edit again: a few minutes later it's showing 18 hours???

Forget the edits: It now says after a few minutes later 16 hours?

15 hours......

Under a minute later, 14 hours. This is so odd.

Now minutes later It says 11 hours.

It has a heading 'we are the 9'.

Anyone care to give an opinion or guess at what it all means? I don't have a clue.

Jeepers. It's now at 5 hours. I'm going to bed.

Minutes later, 3 hours.

Night night all at 2.10am GMT.

Last edited:
Reopened.

This thread will be removed if any single member attempts to stretch the envelope to post 'general' political stories or electoral debate not pertaining directly to the QAnon... phenomenon.

That member will also receive a temporary ban.

They're anonymized:

Domain Name: qofficial.net
Registry Domain ID: 2830664517_DOMAIN_NET-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Creation Date: 2023-11-17T18:22:13Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registry Registrant ID: Not Available From Registry
Registrant Name: Registration Private
Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC

Registrant Street: DomainsByProxy.com

Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Our contact information is made public in the WHOIS directory - not yours.
We provide a private email address for your domain

Back