• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Ship

I'm still disappointed that H84 never sent me the plans. As I recall, I posted some serious requests to him and was very polite about it until it became obvious that it was really just another intergalactic protection racket.

"YOU WILL ALL DIE! Unless, of course, you do exactly as we say and then we might... MIGHT... be inclined to give a very small number of you secret plans to escape the devastation... as long as you don't tell anyone else... and, of course, as long as you agree to purr like a kitten and wiggle enticingly when we probe you."

Ah well. I would have liked to have seen the plans. Even if the thing didn't actually work, it would have been fun to build a model of it in case it did something remotely interesting, kinetically speaking.

Sadness.

AnthonyClifton said:
I'm still disappointed that H84 never sent me the plans. As I recall, I posted some serious requests to him and was very polite about it until it became obvious that it was really just another intergalactic protection racket.

"And I'd have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for those darned kids!!"

sunsplash1 said:
Well. That's what's been missing all along, a nice pair of narcelles...

Now thats Weird!!! While trying to figure out what the hell a narcelle is?! And discovering it seems to be nought more than a surname in some odd countries! ;) I found this on the first page I googled, using the image search!

http://www.ketzer.com/enterprise/enterp ... hting.html

"And the whole ship runs off twelve volts!"

Strangley connected?!

wembley8 said:
"And I'd have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for those darned kids!!"

I think you'll find they were Pesky Kids! ;) Thats a whole different level of harrassment!

The word is nacelle, not narcelle.

Nacelle - n.
A separate streamlined enclosure on an aircraft for sheltering the crew or cargo or housing an engine.

Hmm... Nacelle. Reads like a musical instrument.

Thanks BRF! Sierra , my cat, wouldn't mind having a spaceship named after her! However seeing as the ship is H84's baby, would H84 care to name it?

Alternatively, the ship might be -at the very least- semi-sentient and may have its own name already.

*'Splash hands over microphone expectantly... *

can't be asked to read all 51 pages, so let's cut to the chase. what happened to this home-made space ship thing? or are you unable to comment due to being several light years away, partying hard with a gang of hairy clams from the planet traxoot? in which case, a postcard would've been nice.

Are you telling me you haven't have your trip in it yet? You should give it a go, it's rather fun.

i was expecting something a little bit more obviously spaceship-like. i feel somewhat let down. mind you, great mudguards.

They should be PROPER mudguards, not the flimsy ones you see on Startrek... And are you sure H84 was headed for Traxoot? I'm sure the band played there once.

Well, Human84's Jersey Devil site is still up, hasn't been updated since last May but someone must be paying for its upkeep. My guess is he's still having trouble with his cones and is still resolutely Earthbound.

Which, upon a certain amount of reflection, isn't so bad a thing. May'b we should talk about Jersey devils...

I will not let this die until Human84 shows us a living and breathing, working space-ship. Complete with full body kit. He's not so vocal now is he.

Ringo_ said:
I will not let this die until Human84 shows us a living and breathing, working space-ship. Complete with full body kit. He's not so vocal now is he.
Wherever he is, I hope he's amongst friends.

His Jersey Devil site was updated a couple of months ago, so presumably he's still very much with us. Unless he has a great wireless connection.

gncxx said:
... Unless he has a great wireless connection.

someone send that poster a free FT mug or something :lol:

(and, I must say, I wish Human84 all the very best too, wherever (and whatever) he is)

I'd love to hear how those spheres are coming along...

hey, I just saw episode 68 of MytBusters , where they test a Hamel generator that they bought as a kit from somewhere. Although they observed oscillation during assembly, they didn't get it to work. Another case of MythBuster sloppiness?

Episode 68: Anti-Gravity Device
Christmas comes once a year but not on MythBusters! Is it really true that leaving some Christmas lights on your tree overnight could cause it to heat up so much that the tree bursts into a ball of flame? Meanwhile, Kari, Grant and Tori investigate a frontier technology that if confirmed would take off in a big way. Anti-gravity is the holy grail of science. But is it science or science fiction? With a flick of a switch can you simply turn off gravity? And if that wasn't enough, in "Vodka Jellyfish," Kari puts her life on the line with a final shot at a vodka myth. Is it true that vodka can cure the pain of a jellyfish sting? There are screams, torture and tentacles!
Premiere: Dec. 6, 2006

if human 84 ever finnished the said contraption in my imo he is probably under a large pile of scrap metal

if by some miracle it actually worked id say he is deep frozen at a very great distance(most likely not),with no chance of ever actually knowing where he was or where he was acutually going.

or lastly he made a spectacular trip to some distant planet where he has no hope of ever returning as he wouldnt have the first clue as to where he is let alone as to where he actually need to returnt to.

as ive said before ive seen better scap ford fiestas thats better equipped at space travel than the pictures that he furnished here lol

I'm pretty sure that the Ship utilised the same, or similar, technology as Jacob's Ladder.

And, what's wrong with a flight of the imagination, anyway? :confused:

" . . . and as that great big wooden nose-cone grows and grows out of Mother Earth's gravity, we say farewell to all her laws and . . . "

Didn't we do that on page one, though? :spinning

Back