• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I have fairly low expectations for this one, am a lot more psyched about Jurassic World and Avengers 2.

It might still be fun.

I saw the trailer on the TV the other night and thought...oh no, come on, really!

My mind then came up with a what if idea.

What if the new movie had been filmed entirely in Wales? "You`d be Sarah Connor then", questioned a wet and shivering Arnold. And what about a dramatic end sequence involving a tractor being chased be a Combine harvester. The drizzle affecting both Arnie and the bad terminators (disguised as a vicar) machinery. :D

I still don't know what to make of this one from the trailers.

It looks kind of like they're playing with the idea of the timeline being FUBAR although I have a bad feeling the end result of that is likely to be surprisingly disappointing.

Saw it tonight, much better than I expected.

Heres a review another member of the SF group wrote:

The one where.....we saw a Terminator film which was.....actually really good, despite all the negative criticism given.

Without giving much away, the film was told from the prospective of the 1984's film version of hero Kyle Reese. Who travels back in time from a machine-dominated dystopia of 2029 to 1984. Initially on a mission to rescue a damsel in distress, finds himself in alternate timeline when confronted by a tough Sarah Connor accompanied by a guardian T-800 played by Arnie.

Overall the film does well with recreating the scenes and scenarios of the first two films with an alternate setting. Then plays into the theoretical concepts of time-travel and creation of multiple timelines to an overall Multiverse. The rest of the film then creates enough action and alternate twists and turns to keep the viewers interested.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1340138/

Some questions about the altered timeline are left unanswered, To be revealed in sequels no doubt.

Saw it tonight, much better than I expected.

Heres a review another member of the SF group wrote:

The one where.....we saw a Terminator film which was.....actually really good, despite all the negative criticism given.

Without giving much away, the film was told from the prospective of the 1984's film version of hero Kyle Reese. Who travels back in time from a machine-dominated dystopia of 2029 to 1984. Initially on a mission to rescue a damsel in distress, finds himself in alternate timeline when confronted by a tough Sarah Connor accompanied by a guardian T-800 played by Arnie.

Overall the film does well with recreating the scenes and scenarios of the first two films with an alternate setting. Then plays into the theoretical concepts of time-travel and creation of multiple timelines to an overall Multiverse. The rest of the film then creates enough action and alternate twists and turns to keep the viewers interested.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1340138/

Some questions about the altered timeline are left unanswered, To be revealed in sequels no doubt.
I'd written this film off as not worth the effort and expense of a cinema trip because of the negative reviews, but I might rethink that decision now.

I wonder if it will reference the series at all... that had a variant on the predestination paradox going on where skynet couldn't be stopped but judgement day could be delayed, there was some flexibility in it.

It was implied that some characters might have come from different versions of the future, it got cancelled before it went full blown multiverse though.

They did a good job finding a Sarah Conner lookalike and the ideas sound very Back to the Future 2 ... I'm looking forward to watching this. I hope Kyle Reese manages to nick the same wicked pair of Nike ankle boots. :cool:

I wonder if it will reference the series at all... that had a variant on the predestination paradox going on where skynet couldn't be stopped but judgement day could be delayed, there was some flexibility in it.

It was implied that some characters might have come from different versions of the future, it got cancelled before it went full blown multiverse though.

It hasn't so far and it does look as if its heading off into another timeline.

I liked the series, pity it was cancelled, ended on a cliffhanger.

A friend of mine saw it and considered it a waste of time, but he's not really into modern blockbusters. But he does like the first two films a lot, so...

A friend of mine saw it and considered it a waste of time, but he's not really into modern blockbusters. But he does like the first two films a lot, so...

So... I disagree with him and will continue to root for TG.

Not a great Terminator film but a good one imho.

I watched it tonight and thought it was very poor, over loud and over long, i hated the way it treated the first two movies, they were superb action movies full of chase chase bam bam bam boom chase chase, stop to draw breathe, chase chase bam bam, this one had no grit, not enough action and a nauseating feel good ending. 4/10

That's pretty much the way my friend felt about seeing it. I'll wait for a rental. I mostly wanted to see Matt Smith, but apparently he's hardly in it.

in the interests of fairness i should say out of four of us, i was the only one that hated it, one said it was ok and 2 said it was a good movie

Finally caught up with this, I sort of enjoyed most of it, though it did feel like watching a Wikipedia article more than a proper movie. It's better than the previous entry, but the more it goes on the more it exposes itself (ooer) as not being as clever as it would like to be. Anyway, although it was a big hit in China and nowhere else, we'll have a long wait for another instalment, the studio have "put it on the back burner" as they say in Hollywoodspeak. Buckaroo Banzai would warn you against putting a teaser for a sequel that won't happen at the end of your film, Terminator people!

Buckaroo Banzai would warn you against putting a teaser for a sequel that won't happen at the end of your film, Terminator people!
Unusually for me, I really wish they would make a sequel to Buckaroo Banzai.

I've never seen Buckaroo Bonzai. Just how good is it?
It's fun. The special FX are what you'd expect from the 80s - i.e. a bit rough.
Some big name actors in it. Highly improbable and completely off-the-wall.
Not the best film ever, but I think it's one of those films that actually needs a reboot.

Buckaroo Banzai is one of those films maybe you need to watch twice to "get" it, that's the way it was with me anyway. First time, it's barely coherent, second time it clicks.

Yeah, I like Buckaroo Banzai too.

TG was OK, but I think GNC hit it on the head comparing it with a Wikipedia entry. Their timelines were clear for once though, which is where The Sarah Connor Chronicles fell down - by the time we reached the aforementioned cliff-hanger, it had pretty much painted itself into a corner, and as IIRC I remarked at the time the only two possible solutions were a quick, trite and wholly unsatisfactory resolution, or another series-long shaggy-dog convoluted arc that'd lose us all in the process.

I've found an odd mechanical fore-arm - would anyone like to take a look? Just PM your address, and I'll courier it to you :eek:

P_20160330_141008.jpg

quick! we must go and blow it up!! i will get the TNT, myth you are on the 50 cal!

I saw TG for the second time last week as it came on while I was visiting a friend, and was much less entertained than the first time I saw it.

It just seems like a bland rehash of elements that were executed much more effectively in the earlier films.

And I actually rather like T3, so it's not like I expect a masterpiece each time.

Finally got around to watching this last night.

A lot better than I expected, enjoyed it more than the previous 2 movies.

The plot makes no sense at all, the FUBAR timeline is very good fun.

Back