• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Or Dimensional Slips

Well, I'm going to give you more anyway!

If you really want to know why we are here (as opposed to, say, there) read this book:

The Anthropic Cosmological Principle

by John D. Barrow and Frank J. Tipler

First published 1986.

It's packed chock full of interesting facts and theories - it'll keep you out of mischief for ages!

"Is there any connection between the vastness of the universes of stars and galaxies and the existence of life on a small planet out in the suburbs of the Milky Way? This book shows that there is. In their classic work, John Barrow and Frank Tipler examine the question of Mankind's place in the Universe, taking the reader on a tour of many scientific disciplines and offering fascinating insights into issues such as the nature of life, the search for extraterrestrial intelligence, and the past history and fate of our universe."
https://global.oup.com/academic/pro...ogical-principle-9780192821478?cc=gb&lang=en&

If a book of about 700 pages is too much to cope with, Wiki explores some of the ideas here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropic_principle

(It's also been discussed on a few threads on this MB.)

Enjoy! :)
The Anthropic conclusion, has a lot of merit, because it contains the cause an effect logic required to stitch an observable reality together, all tied together by the laws of physics. In linear time. If you don't question it too much it will do. Concluding that we are all roughly observing the same thing, and therefore have a life, which to some degree is predictable.
But when you bring in the Mind which to a great extent can be in Amsterdam one second and London the next, defies the laws of physics which is strange? as the Classical view of the Universe should forbid this as it has no bearing on presumed reality.We should have no concept of living outside of the observed reality, unless we have already experienced this other state, or even exist in it during periods like sleep, death, or many of the other things that can change consciousness.

That's interesting Carl, we have two people who observed essentially the same thing. Clearly they had an Oz effect when getting back to Brighstone, "As if waking from a dream" Were they and other observers of this type actually dreaming together. and emerging from hypnogogic state (OZ effect)?.
Then if you can dream together where does that leave us. How many of us have had dreams of being intimate with an ex partner, or even the significant other, only to find that they had experienced the same thing on the same night?, repeating dreams about certain people and environments, doesn't seem to suggest you have to know them well but it helps. Intimacy is among other things, exchange of information, and a form of communication, Theirs plenty of reasonable statements around of the shared dream kind. The question is can it be triggered by just walking down a street, if the street isn't real in the classical sense to begin with but already part of a shared general dream (for the want of another word) then it probably can .
It would be interesting but pure conjecture, to have observed their arrival back from the experience, did they, just pop back into this reality, did some one in Brightstone look up and see a Metro that wasn't their a moment ago? and probably think nothing of it, unless of course it hit them.

I suppose somewhat the same argument could be advanced against shared UFO sightings and other experiences. In this case the coins, old pennies, is the one piece of material evidence; in other cases there is also a certain amount of physical evidence. Difficult to fit that into the shared dream unless we are all sharing the same dream, which goes back to the virtual reality scenario. Also difficult is that they were driving, and if a couple in a car both fell asleep and started dreaming, how long before they crashed? This is much the same as Lambert's shared hallucination idea and the same objections apply. I still have doubts about Jenny Randle's Oz effect; when I was younger and had odd or scary experiences I used to feel vague subjective dreamlike feelings; these have lessened as I get more familiar with such things. People in sudden life-threatening situations, perfectly physical ones, often have a "this must be a dream" kind of feeling. I wouldn't read too much into it.

The Anthropic conclusion, has a lot of merit, because it contains the cause an effect logic required to stitch an observable reality together, all tied together by the laws of physics. In linear time. If you don't question it too much it will do. Concluding that we are all roughly observing the same thing, and therefore have a life, which to some degree is predictable.
But when you bring in the Mind which to a great extent can be in Amsterdam one second and London the next, defies the laws of physics which is strange? as the Classical view of the Universe should forbid this as it has no bearing on presumed reality.We should have no concept of living outside of the observed reality, unless we have already experienced this other state, or even exist in it during periods like sleep, death, or many of the other things that can change consciousness.

I don't find it at all odd that the mind should defy physical laws. We don't expect the laws of a given science to apply outside the boundary conditions of that science. Physics basically deals with the forces acting on matter and has developed radically different laws even within its own domain for dealing with big things and very small things (ie Relativity Theory and Quantum Theory).

I suppose somewhat the same argument could be advanced against shared UFO sightings and other experiences. In this case the coins, old pennies, is the one piece of material evidence; in other cases there is also a certain amount of physical evidence. Difficult to fit that into the shared dream unless we are all sharing the same dream, which goes back to the virtual reality scenario. Also difficult is that they were driving, and if a couple in a car both fell asleep and started dreaming, how long before they crashed? This is much the same as Lambert's shared hallucination idea and the same objections apply. I still have doubts about Jenny Randle's Oz effect; when I was younger and had odd or scary experiences I used to feel vague subjective dreamlike feelings; these have lessened as I get more familiar with such things. People in sudden life-threatening situations, perfectly physical ones, often have a "this must be a dream" kind of feeling. I wouldn't read too much into it.
Driving can be essentially a hypnogogic experience, for the driver and the passenger, it doesn't take much for a person to drop into the hypnogogic state. Or even a long train ride where the rhythm can drop your consciousness to that level. If your held in that state before dropping off, strange things can happen.
Take going on a UFO or Ghost hunt, the suggestion has been implanted and the necessary effort has been put into the exercise. You go out into the environment with "expectation". Then the waiting starts, your halfway there. The common call, is that not everybody can be hypnotised, a few, one in ten can be tranced into a somnambulistic state, but just because a hypnotist cant get a result in a half hour session, how often is it wrapped up.?
Years ago an old friend put his mate into a hypnotic state, the first session took him a couple of hours, then he put the key words in with the suggestion that, he would regain this state whenever he spoke the key words, the hard work was done, from then on, in the time it took to say the key words he was under.
It was always claimed you couldn't be hypnotised accidentaly, or against your knowledge,untill Adler hypnotised his secretary with the shiny top of his pen. Their could be unwitting environmental factors that trigger a hypnogogic state.Like in a car with trees flashing light at certain speeds, like certain frequency of disco lights being banned, or even the octaves of the banned frequencies.Twinkling of a star? Subliminal advertising has been banned, because it works. This state combined with other factors,could be a trigger.

Last edited:
Driving can be essentially a hypnogogic experience, for the driver and the passenger, it doesn't take much for a person to drop into the hypnogogic state. Or even a long train ride where the rhythm can drop your consciousness to that level. If your held in that state before dropping off, strange things can happen.
Take going on a UFO or Ghost hunt, the suggestion has been implanted and the necessary effort has been put into the exercise. You go out into the environment with "expectation". Then the waiting starts, your halfway there. The common call, is that not everybody can be hypnotised, a few, one in ten can be tranced into a somnambulistic state, but just because a hypnotist cant get a result in a half hour session, how often is it wrapped up.?
Years ago an old friend put his mate into a hypnotic state, the first session took him a couple of hours, then he put the key words in with the suggestion that, he would regain this state whenever he spoke the key words, the hard work was done, from then on, in the time it took to say the key words he was under.
It was always claimed you couldn't be hypnotised accidentaly, or against your knowledge,untill Adler hypnotised his secretary with the shiny top of his pen. Their could be unwitting environmental factors that trigger a hypnogogic state.Like in a car with trees flashing light at certain speeds, like certain frequency of disco lights being banned, or even the octaves of the banned frequencies.Twinkling of a star? Subliminal advertising has been banned, because it works. This state combined with other factors,could be a trigger.

You might as well add to that the induction of hypnosis telepathically, something the Soviets did research in, and which has been known in esoteric circles for centuries. Certainly environmental factors as you describe can induce such states. The question would then be: who would have the motivation, as well as the ability, to hypnotise people unknowingly and produce UFO or time slip or other experiences? I suppose I have to look more into Jimmy T's notion that the Fairies/Magonians/Jinn may be doing it for their own purposes. I know the witness in the Piccadilly case believes this, based on the events in that case (who were the helpful couple who took her to the cafe?) and other even more disturbing experiences. There are only a handful of time slip/dimensional cases where people appear who seem to know what is happening, and no doubt you will have come across these.

You might as well add to that the induction of hypnosis telepathically, something the Soviets did research in, and which has been known in esoteric circles for centuries. Certainly environmental factors as you describe can induce such states. The question would then be: who would have the motivation, as well as the ability, to hypnotise people unknowingly and produce UFO or time slip or other experiences? I suppose I have to look more into Jimmy T's notion that the Fairies/Magonians/Jinn may be doing it for their own purposes. I know the witness in the Piccadilly case believes this, based on the events in that case (who were the helpful couple who took her to the cafe?) and other even more disturbing experiences. There are only a handful of time slip/dimensional cases where people appear who seem to know what is happening, and no doubt you will have come across these.

You can only really quote from observed experience , I know the Soviets got a handle on sending telepathic signals. I think if you concentrated on a particular individual, their blood pressure went up, they coded this into signals. By killing one of a litter of rabbits the mothers brain waves spiked and alerted signals for a message, back at base. The Americans found out that cells in a dish taken from a persons mouth, still reacted like they were still in that persons mouth when stress measurments were measured when the donor was miles away. Again it seems to suggest the illusion of distance in three dimensional space might be just virtual.
As an experiment the guy that put the code word in to the guy I previously mentioned, said the code when his mate was in a phone booth in New York, while he was phoned from the UK. He went under immediately. You could have a situation where subliminal code is used to induce altered states. By personal,observation, as the hypnogoic state deepens, the reality of observations get more intense, and by doing become the observed reality. We see this as we fall asleep and start dreaming, I think that if drugs or alchohol is involved the consciousness state is tending to the hypnogogic , and therefore getting sugestable. Its interesting!, like if life is an illusion,then so is death.

Will anyone make sense out of this...

Every watch I runs fast and eventually seizes up. It doesn't matter if it's analog or digital. The one watch that lasted the longest was a Marathon US Government Issued model.

I often have to turn back the clock on my bike and automobile. My kitchen appliance clocks are alright but my bedroom clock will run fast.

On several occasions, during long driving trips, I've arrived at my destination sooner than expected based on the speedometer.

So...what does that make me?

Remembering Wolf Manning, who was Stalin's favourite , seemed to have the knack. He went into a Bank and walked out with a lot of money by hypnotising the cashier, he also escaped from Germany without a train ticket, he handed the Guard a blank piece of paper. The other one I remember is that he could walk into the Kremlin past all the guards and get straight to Stalin, he mentally suggested to the guards that he was the chief of state security Borea spelling might be wrong on this name. if you want to try an experiment for fun, when you pay for something at the Supermarket and have to have change, suggest to the checkout operator mentally that they will stuff up the change. Vibes of mental confusion, its surprising how often it works.

Remembering Wolf Manning, who was Stalin's favourite , seemed to have the knack. He went into a Bank and walked out with a lot of money by hypnotising the cashier, he also escaped from Germany without a train ticket, he handed the Guard a blank piece of paper. The other one I remember is that he could walk into the Kremlin past all the guards and get straight to Stalin, he mentally suggested to the guards that he was the chief of state security Borea spelling might be wrong on this name. if you want to try an experiment for fun, when you pay for something at the Supermarket and have to have change, suggest to the checkout operator mentally that they will stuff up the change. Vibes of mental confusion, its surprising how often it works.
I think the checkout operators are in a type of hypnogogic state already.

Will anyone make sense out of this...

Every watch I runs fast and eventually seizes up. It doesn't matter if it's analog or digital. The one watch that lasted the longest was a Marathon US Government Issued model.

I often have to turn back the clock on my bike and automobile. My kitchen appliance clocks are alright but my bedroom clock will run fast.

On several occasions, during long driving trips, I've arrived at my destination sooner than expected based on the speedometer.

So...what does that make me?

I've heard of some similar cases. It's also said that people who have had NDEs usually have watch problems. If both analogue and digital devices, based on very different physical principles, behave identically, it does suggest that maybe you are somehow existing in a time flowing slightly differently from other people.

Yes, Wolf Messing was an expert at that. I recall him projecting the image of Beria, who was such a terrifying character that nobody would dare challenge him. I haven't tried upsetting check-out ladies, but when I see charity workers waiting in the street to collar passers-by, I try to project the thought, "this is a mean-looking type. He wouldn't give anyone a penny," and it works more often than not. I'm not sure how ethical that is though. I expect lots of us are projecting self images, maybe only semi-consciously, with various effects.

I've heard of some similar cases. It's also said that people who have had NDEs usually have watch problems. If both analogue and digital devices, based on very different physical principles, behave identically, it does suggest that maybe you are somehow existing in a time flowing slightly differently from other people.

Well, I nearly died as a small child due to a severe staph infection.

Well, I nearly died as a small child due to a severe staph infection.
That is interesting! Maybe once people have "died before they died" (in Sufi parlance) they remain partly in the other dimension/reality, thus getting a bit out of synch with normal life.

That is interesting! Maybe once people have "died before they died" (in Sufi parlance) they remain partly in the other dimension/reality, thus getting a bit out of synch with normal life.

I don't recall experiencing "death." I had gotten the infection in my leg and my parents left it untreated for too long. I believe I was maybe five or six years old. The infection had reached the point that had a high fever, my leg was extremely swollen and I've been told my entire body had turned a deep red. I couldn't lift myself up.

They took me to the pediatrician. He told them there wasn't time to wait for an ambulance. He called ahead to the hospital and they took me. I was in emergency surgery shortly after arriving. It seems I didn't exactly have much time to spare. Later, after I had recovered from surgery, they had me in "isolation." Only doctors and nurses could come into my room but the door was open. When my parents visited they sat in chairs in the hall and spoke with me from the doorway.

Here's something else that causes my hair to stand on end. A young girl, perhaps two years older then me, was in the room across the hall. We talked a lot. I vaguely remember her saying she had been in an accident. Years later, my mother said the girl across the hall had died. The girl had seemed very active and "chatty." I couldn't imagine her condition deteriorating. There seems to have been only one nurse that interacted with her and she was a particularly amazing woman. Sometimes I wonder if I had been speaking with her spirit which had been staying near her body.

Yes, Wolf Messing was an expert at that. I recall him projecting the image of Beria, who was such a terrifying character that nobody would dare challenge him. I haven't tried upsetting check-out ladies, but when I see charity workers waiting in the street to collar passers-by, I try to project the thought, "this is a mean-looking type. He wouldn't give anyone a penny," and it works more often than not. I'm not sure how ethical that is though. I expect lots of us are projecting self images, maybe only semi-consciously, with various effects.

Thanks for the correction Carl, it was Messing. The degree of consciousness that we are operating with seems to vary throughout the day. I wonder if their is an actual time of day when anomalies seem most likely to happen? or even a time of life for that matter. I'm sure that the younger you are, the more likely you are to attract anomalies. Re Young ladies and poltergeist activity.

That's an interesting idea. My brother, of the aforementioned disappearing shop story, had an unusual incident around age 10. He was riding in our dad's truck and they were waiting at a caution light when - he swears - suddenly there was a sort of "explosion" of white light and everything went blank for a moment, a sort of white nothingness. The next second, dad made the turn onto the main road and a speeding car sideswiped the truck, knocking them into the ditch.

I questioned brother if this explosion appearing to precede the accident couldn't just have been an effect of shock (and I still think it might be) but brother swears he remembers thinking "what was that?" before dad made the turn and the truck was hit. He pointed out that if the car had hit at the moment he felt the explosion, he would likely have been killed, because the car would have run straight into the passengers side of the truck where he was sitting.

He says he's always had this sense that time stopped at that moment and somehow reset itself. Again, that could be due to shock, but who knows. My brother has certainly had his share of weird experiences since then.

He may have even had another semi-time slip, years after the first. He was visiting the Alamo with his church group and stumbled trying to avoid a large hole in the paved court. Other members of the group rushed to help him and asked what was wrong. Brother was about to mention the hole (wondering how the others didn't notice it) when he realized the hole was gone. He chalked it up to some visual fluke, but later a tour guide mentioned that this area was believed to be the site of the original well.

Leave it to my brother to nearly fall into a well that wasn't there. :p

Re: watches - I've mentioned this elsewhere on the board, but very few people in my family can wear a watch. They stop dead before long, so it's pretty pointless. Also, the radios in my mother's car's have always ended up nothing but static. They start out fine but over a period of months gradually fade out until there's no signal at all. Given that so much weird phenomena seems to haunt our family, I've concluded there must be some kind of unconscious, uncontrolled PK bouncing around. Or something like that.

My brother is the only one I know of who's had what appeared to be an honest-to-goodness time slip, though.

That's an interesting idea. My brother, of the aforementioned disappearing shop story, had an unusual incident around age 10. He was riding in our dad's truck and they were waiting at a caution light when - he swears - suddenly there was a sort of "explosion" of white light and everything went blank for a moment, a sort of white nothingness. The next second, dad made the turn onto the main road and a speeding car sideswiped the truck, knocking them into the ditch.

I questioned brother if this explosion appearing to precede the accident couldn't just have been an effect of shock (and I still think it might be) but brother swears he remembers thinking "what was that?" before dad made the turn and the truck was hit. He pointed out that if the car had hit at the moment he felt the explosion, he would likely have been killed, because the car would have run straight into the passengers side of the truck where he was sitting.

He says he's always had this sense that time stopped at that moment and somehow reset itself. Again, that could be due to shock, but who knows. My brother has certainly had his share of weird experiences since then.

He may have even had another semi-time slip, years after the first. He was visiting the Alamo with his church group and stumbled trying to avoid a large hole in the paved court. Other members of the group rushed to help him and asked what was wrong. Brother was about to mention the hole (wondering how the others didn't notice it) when he realized the hole was gone. He chalked it up to some visual fluke, but later a tour guide mentioned that this area was believed to be the site of the original well.

Re: watches - I've mentioned this elsewhere on the board, but very few people in my family can wear a watch. They stop dead before long, so it's pretty pointless. Also, the radios in my mother's car's have always ended up nothing but static. They start out fine but over a period of months gradually fade out until there's no signal at all. Given that so much weird phenomena seems to haunt our family, I've concluded there must be some kind of unconscious, uncontrolled PK bouncing around. Or something like that.

My brother is the only one I know of who's had what appeared to be an honest-to-goodness time slip, though.

Their was a study done on heart rates, that a paranormalist would interpret as interesting , the conclusion was something like, if on the screen an unpleasant picture was "about" to show, the heart rate compensated before the pic. was acquired by the eyes. Which means that some part of the psych is operating in the future, and anticipating events. This seems weird as it was obtained by scientific study.

Last edited:

Unless its dream where like in normal "dreams" where death is inevitable we wake back up, or go into another dream.

Carl Grove said:
"That is interesting! Maybe once people have "died before they died" (in Sufi parlance) they remain partly in the other dimension/reality, thus getting a bit out of synch with normal life."
I too found this interesting as when I was 3 or 4 I nearly died.
I was standing on a block of wood watching my Father chop wood for the fire and swinging on the end of a loop at the end of an old fashioned clothesline.
I slipped off the block and the loop tightened around my neck and no mater how hard I tried I couldn't alert my Father.
Anyway my Mother came to the door, saw me and yelled out and they took me down.
So I was wondering if that had any effect on the odd things that happen now and then although I had a couple before that.
No time slips though except in dreams.

I don't recall experiencing "death." I had gotten the infection in my leg and my parents left it untreated for too long. I believe I was maybe five or six years old. The infection had reached the point that had a high fever, my leg was extremely swollen and I've been told my entire body had turned a deep red. I couldn't lift myself up.

They took me to the pediatrician. He told them there wasn't time to wait for an ambulance. He called ahead to the hospital and they took me. I was in emergency surgery shortly after arriving. It seems I didn't exactly have much time to spare. Later, after I had recovered from surgery, they had me in "isolation." Only doctors and nurses could come into my room but the door was open. When my parents visited they sat in chairs in the hall and spoke with me from the doorway.

Here's something else that causes my hair to stand on end. A young girl, perhaps two years older then me, was in the room across the hall. We talked a lot. I vaguely remember her saying she had been in an accident. Years later, my mother said the girl across the hall had died. The girl had seemed very active and "chatty." I couldn't imagine her condition deteriorating. There seems to have been only one nurse that interacted with her and she was a particularly amazing woman. Sometimes I wonder if I had been speaking with her spirit which had been staying near her body.

Thanks for the extra info. The young girl could, I suppose, have either died or maybe just temporarily left her body, as some people seem to be able to do, when the body is severely damaged.

Carl Grove said:
"That is interesting! Maybe once people have "died before they died" (in Sufi parlance) they remain partly in the other dimension/reality, thus getting a bit out of synch with normal life."
I too found this interesting as when I was 3 or 4 I nearly died.
I was standing on a block of wood watching my Father chop wood for the fire and swinging on the end of a loop at the end of an old fashioned clothesline.
I slipped off the block and the loop tightened around my neck and no mater how hard I tried I couldn't alert my Father.
Anyway my Mother came to the door, saw me and yelled out and they took me down.
So I was wondering if that had any effect on the odd things that happen now and then although I had a couple before that.
No time slips though except in dreams.
It would be interesting to ask all witnessses to "strange" events if they had such experiences in childhood. A lot of psychics had electric and other shocks and accidents before they developed their abilities.

Their was a study done on heart rates, that a paranormalist would interpret as interesting , the conclusion was something like, if on the screen an unpleasant picture was "about" to show, the heart rate compensated before the pic. was acquired by the eyes. Which means that some part of the psych is operating in the future, and anticipating events. This seems weird as it was obtained by scientific study.

I believe that effect has been repeated in a number of studies now. Incidentally, the radio play that first used the term Time Slip was about someone who had slipped 5 or 6 seconds out of synch with everyone else.

It sounds as if your whole family, and maybe especially your brother, are sensitive to such things. I have come across a few near-fatal accident situations mentioned online where people have survived impossible dangers and/or had that sense of time standing still. I think Jenny Randles has a case in her Time Storms that is especially odd (pause while I look for the book).. A 7 year old boy, Keith Field, was playing in a foggy street in Camberwell (London) with some friends, letting off some old fireworks. It was Jan 1963. He was standing in the middle of the road and suddenly a car emerged from the fog heading right at him. Time slowed. The car slowed right down and stopped. A blue electrical haze appeared between him and the car. All was silence. Then time restarted, he could now hear his friends screaming and the car horn sounding. The car appeared to have stopped in its tracks. The driver had died. The speedometer was stuck at 40mph. Witnesses nearby claimed the car had stopped instantly without skidding (and conditions were icy). This sounds like some extradimensional intervention, doesn't it?

I believe that effect has been repeated in a number of studies now. Incidentally, the radio play that first used the term Time Slip was about someone who had slipped 5 or 6 seconds out of synch with everyone else.

It does seem that our point of observation needs to be analysed to some extent. Mainly because in itself, it is appearing to be anomalous. Correct me if I am wrong. The human body maintains all the definitions of "Machine" in that it elevates effort. It cant be the essential you, if its operated remotely. The effort it elevates, is the conscious will of the user . But the true environment that it is made of, and the environment it operates in, is primarily space. The space is full of waveforms, which get interpreted as a real world, via the bodies sensory mechanisms. The main driver of the body is consciousness which, either appears to be one consciousness shared between all the many bodies, or loads of individual consciousness's that can connect in some way, Re. "The human consciousness project." which appears to predict future happenings when random numbers start to go crazy, before something nasty happens, that will effect the operational reality. Which might suggest one consciousness?. Part of the psych,seems to ,be monitoring the future because if it didn't survival might be compromised? but apparently dosn't exists in any real sense anyway.

What enables all this to happen is information storage,which seems to be spread throuought all the places consciousness occupies, in the body, This information storage of memories enables us to be an individual,which stores our unique perspective on the observations made during the time we make observations on the Universe. Conciousness seems to be downloading past present, and to some extent "future memories/information.Which could only happen if........ the Universe was an "infinite" event outside of linear spacetime." So no wonder anomalies happen,its all a bloody great anomaly.

Thanks for the extra info. The young girl could, I suppose, have either died or maybe just temporarily left her body, as some people seem to be able to do, when the body is severely damaged.

When children are interviewed with regards to reincarnation, which in the simplest terms is acquiring another body to operate. They don't seem to phased. You hear the basic story, that they seem to have a choice on who their new mother or father will be. Or "Don't worry about dying you just go through a hole in the floor and come back" The memories of the previous life, seem to stick in the consciousness for about as long as memories stick in the so called living. Then seem to fade as the day to day realities of a life take over.
So as in another thread a German gunner is reborn in the same place that his plane was shot down during the war, the new body gets the same Arian look, along with the name like Carl. Which would tend to back the fact that the so called physical body is copied from the thought/astral body. So where has he been while waiting for the new body? probably nowhere he's just time slipped to the present.

When children are interviewed with regards to reincarnation, which in the simplest terms is acquiring another body to operate. They don't seem to phased. You hear the basic story, that they seem to have a choice on who their new mother or father will be. Or "Don't worry about dying you just go through a hole in the floor and come back" The memories of the previous life, seem to stick in the consciousness for about as long as memories stick in the so called living. Then seem to fade as the day to day realities of a life take over.
So as in another thread a German gunner is reborn in the same place that his plane was shot down during the war, the new body gets the same Arian look, along with the name like Carl. Which would tend to back the fact that the so called physical body is copied from the thought/astral body. So where has he been while waiting for the new body? probably nowhere he's just time slipped to the present.

yeah that was covered in Fort. They both looked very similar.

That's also interesting about car accidents Carl.
Years ago I was in a car with my cousin's wife and her young son. Another car came out of a side street and it looked like we were going to hit it.
Well it seemed like time slowed down . I put out my arm to stop her son flying out as he had taken off his seat belt and she was able to hit the brakes and swerve then things went back to normal. grass at the side.
Of course there was the occasion too, that I think I reported about the Asian woman on her phone looking the other way who stepped in front of my car.
I was sure I was going to hit her but the next I knew she was back on the nature strip at the side.

Whatever way you look at it, not only anomalous events, but also the observations of physics, make it clear that "things aren't what they seem." And this is what the great esoteric teachers have been saying for millennia. My problem with reincarnation is that no matter how much information the child comes up with about an earlier life, and how accurate it proves to be, there is no way of distinguishing between (a) a soul moving to another body, and (b) other "paranormal" ways of acquiring that information. In the "Great Soul" concept there is the idea that there is only one real human essence which is common to all human beings (later adopted by Jung as his collective unconscious) -- which could also explain such things.

That's also interesting about car accidents Carl.
Years ago I was in a car with my cousin's wife and her young son. Another car came out of a side street and it looked like we were going to hit it.
Well it seemed like time slowed down . I put out my arm to stop her son flying out as he had taken off his seat belt and she was able to hit the brakes and swerve then things went back to normal. grass at the side.
Of course there was the occasion too, that I think I reported about the Asian woman on her phone looking the other way who stepped in front of my car.
I was sure I was going to hit her but the next I knew she was back on the nature strip at the side.

This is exactly the kind of thing I mean. I recall a near head-on collision between two cars driving down a road that was too narrow for them to have passed each other, and somehow avoiding it. Also a case where (I think) a woman and her son had such a near accident then had visions of their bodies being picked up and put in an ambulance, etc. I'm pretty sure there are threads on Unexplained Mysteries, Above Top Secret, and other sites dealing with these specific types of event.

Whatever way you look at it, not only anomalous events, but also the observations of physics, make it clear that "things aren't what they seem." And this is what the great esoteric teachers have been saying for millennia. My problem with reincarnation is that no matter how much information the child comes up with about an earlier life, and how accurate it proves to be, there is no way of distinguishing between (a) a soul moving to another body, and (b) other "paranormal" ways of acquiring that information. In the "Great Soul" concept there is the idea that there is only one real human essence which is common to all human beings (later adopted by Jung as his collective unconscious) -- which could also explain such things.

Yes I have thought about this one as well, like if their is an individual consciousness, and memories are stored throughout the body, then if that individual consciousness changes body, and accesses the memories , then you have basically the same person. But I think that one can be deleted because, the observations in NDE's seem to suggest theirs a copy of the physical body, that the cells seem to use as a blue print. Like the marks of the cause of death, showing up on the new body tend to suggest that theirs an individual with memories ready to incarnate.
Adding, that now and again in the literature you get a "Walk in" where a previously dead body, gets animated with a different person. The volume of evidence, where trauma is replaced with someone observing their own body, and observes what is going on around it, tends to suggest an individual, temporarily exiting a machine.
Plus the literature is interesting, with statements like..."I was beside myself" "I was knocked out" "I jumped out of my skin" Their are many more that I cant think of at the moment, but it does seem to suggest at least theirs something their. Which I might add if I was going to start a religion, would be what I would base it on, and not the general mumbo jumbo.

Back