• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Or Dimensional Slips

Found this on Reddit from 8 years ago
https://old.reddit.com/r/The_Curious_Fortean/

There's a player right under the title. Are you on a tablet or phone? Might be your browser doesn't allow it

Edit: It's on Spotify if you have that
https://open.spotify.com/show/15po4iSnhu1issMNr6UY39

Or on EweChube

https://www.youtube.com/@Astonishinglegends/videos
On a Mac. I wanted the Astonishing Legends podcast. When I go to their website I can find the episodes but there's no 'play' button.
Found it on Apple now.

When I go to that website I can't find a link to click for playing the episode. What am I looking for?

Do you not get this?

1712759416193.png

If not, it could be a browser issue.

I am most of the way through this thread, not sure if I've read it previously, but a few things spring to mind.
Are there any reports of people slipping through time in their own homes or localities? If these are time or dimensional shifts, I wonder if there is any connection to being 'out of place', such as visiting a new city or travelling through or out of one. This also applies to rural areas and holidays.

As a young teenager I saw my mother leave the kitchen and head towards the stairs. I then heard her quite clearly going up the stairs. Several seconds later she shouted me from the kitchen. This felt so utterly 'wrong' at the time and we were all a little bit mystified about it. Perhaps what I saw wasn't anything 'impersonating' my mother, or some sort of vardoger but a slight shuffling of time instead...

Yesterday my partner arrived home, making all of his usual sounds with the door, through hallway and into the kitchen. I felt and heard the thud of the door, along with the very particular sounds of his arrival. When I made my way downstairs to meet him, there was no one there. Only 30 seconds later he actually did arrive, making almost the exact same sounds. We laughed about it as this has happened before on several occasions. For the record, there was no specific time has was supposed to arrive home.

I am most of the way through this thread, not sure if I've read it previously, but a few things spring to mind.
Are there any reports of people slipping through time in their own homes or localities? If these are time or dimensional shifts, I wonder if there is any connection to being 'out of place', such as visiting a new city or travelling through or out of one. This also applies to rural areas and holidays.

As a young teenager I saw my mother leave the kitchen and head towards the stairs. I then heard her quite clearly going up the stairs. Several seconds later she shouted me from the kitchen. This felt so utterly 'wrong' at the time and we were all a little bit mystified about it. Perhaps what I saw wasn't anything 'impersonating' my mother, or some sort of vardoger but a slight shuffling of time instead...

Yesterday my partner arrived home, making all of his usual sounds with the door, through hallway and into the kitchen. I felt and heard the thud of the door, along with the very particular sounds of his arrival. When I made my way downstairs to meet him, there was no one there. Only 30 seconds later he actually did arrive, making almost the exact same sounds. We laughed about it as this has happened before on several occasions. For the record, there was no specific time has was supposed to arrive home.
Great post.

In Danny's 'Into The Uncanny' book there ia an account of a teenage girl slipping back through time in her house whilst an archeological dig was taking place in the garden. She saw everything around her was changing to an earlier age and being unfamiliar except for one door which was apparently an original part of the building.

But otherwise, I have never heard of a case where someone sees their home vanish round them and they are standing in a field or whatever used to be there before the house. Another one I often ponder on is houses built on the trackbed of old railway lines and if anyone has ever seen, heard or felt a train approaching or actually passing 'through' them? When I think of the sheer size and weight of the old steam engines and all the people who passed through in the coaches, I can't help but feel they must have left some sort of memory. There have of course been many sightings of trains running along disused railways .

Great post.

In Danny's 'Into The Uncanny' book there ia an account of a teenage girl slipping back through time in her house whilst an archeological dig was taking place in the garden. She saw everything around her was changing to an earlier age and being unfamiliar except for one door which was apparently an original part of the building.

But otherwise, I have never heard of a case where someone sees their home vanish round them and they are standing in a field or whatever used to be there before the house. Another one I often ponder on is houses built on the trackbed of old railway lines and if anyone has ever seen, heard or felt a train approaching or actually passing 'through' them? When I think of the sheer size and weight of the old steam engines and all the people who passed through in the coaches, I can't help but feel they must have left some sort of memory. There have of course been many sightings of trains running along disused railways .
I often wonder the same and also when looking at maps and seeing disused roads, or parts of roads, usually due to a bypass having been built nearby or having been re-aligned.

I often wonder the same and also when looking at maps and seeing disused roads, or parts of roads, usually due to a bypass having been built nearby or having been re-aligned.
Many of the old station buildings on former lines are now private houses and I know there have been a few accounts at least of them hearing trains go by (we discussed one case on here). I also know that in Launceston people have claimed to hear the freight train that used to rumble through in the early hours up until 1966. There as also c are from the North East mentioned on the Uncanny podcast of a steam train being seen running along a long closed line.

Many of the old station buildings on former lines are now private houses and I know there have been a few accounts at least of them hearing trains go by (we discussed one case on here). I also know that in Launceston people have claimed to hear the freight train that used to rumble through in the early hours up until 1966.
I used to walk along the disused line in Great Longstone, Derbyshire and the station there has been a house for many years now.

I do remember reading about a ghost train being heard there, but can't find anything on it now.

My vets' surgery is built right over the old site of the station and there's an estate of houses on what used to be the coal yard. It's all relatively new - when I moved here 30 years ago the entire site was a tractor sales warehouse with the station buildings still intact. No stories that I know of of phantom trains, sadly. The shop where I work was built on the site of the old cattle market and I keep hoping I'll hear something when I'm out the back in the dark, but nothing to report yet.

Attachments

• coffin on platform.jpeg
    coffin on platform.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 14
All subway systems have closed off stations, New York has 9 and London has 20.

It has been told those who get into these stations illegally claim time is not the same besides being haunted.

Recently renovated, the largest New York station closed off was the City Hall Station and just recently reopened.

Before being renovated people claimed the time felt like the 1900s inside.

All subway systems have closed off stations, New York has 9 and London has 20.

It has been told those who get into these stations illegally claim time is not the same besides being haunted.

Recently renovated, the largest New York station closed off was the City Hall Station and just recently reopened.

Before being renovated people claimed the time felt like the 1900s inside.
Which is quite logical really, considering that most of the closed stations have been frozen in time to the very moment they closed so a bit like walking into a film set

I’ve just seen this posted anonymously on a time slip page on facebook.

‘Hi Just joined and lo and behold just seen a story from someone about Bold Street in Liverpool. My story is from the same street. Around 7 years ago I was in Liverpool city centre looking for an engagement ring for my partner, I had spent several hours looking at rings in many different shops, mainly being disappointed in how bloody expensive they were! I decided to try an independent/second hand jewellers that I knew was on Bold Street, towards the top end by the bombed out church. I got there and had a good look in the window at them before venturing inside. Just as I was about to venture inside I lifted my head and caught a glimpse of an old fashioned van in the reflection of the window of the jewellers which had ornate writing and designs on the side, it was a creamy colour. I turned around to look and watched it drive slowly up the road, I remember the noise of the tyres on the road as it was very loud. As I watched it go up the street I saw everything else. Shops I hadn’t seen before, a weird haze in the air, people with different attire, specifically noticed two older women walk past with black angular glasses on, cars I hadn’t seen before. I will be honest, I got scared, it seemed everything went silent for a second and I turned back around to face the window of the jewellers and instantly it’s as if someone put the volume to max and I saw normality in the reflection of the window. I must have done that same action 20 times after what happened, didn’t happen again. I had literally just put the phone down to my Mum who was telling me of other places I could go and have a look for rings, after reading the post earlier I would have loved to have seen what would have happened if I was still on that call. For me though I felt uneasy, albeit scared. I think it was the shock. I have always put it down to spending several hours walking around and thinking I was tired or not thinking straight but after reading these time slip stories it makes me feel as if I didn’t have a mini breakdown
I would say if I had to put a date on it, 1960’s.
Sorry for the Anonymity, 3 people I’ve told this to and have been ridiculed and laughed at.
Thanks for reading’

I’ve just seen this posted anonymously on a time slip page on facebook.

‘Hi Just joined and lo and behold just seen a story from someone about Bold Street in Liverpool. My story is from the same street. Around 7 years ago I was in Liverpool city centre looking for an engagement ring for my partner, I had spent several hours looking at rings in many different shops, mainly being disappointed in how bloody expensive they were! I decided to try an independent/second hand jewellers that I knew was on Bold Street, towards the top end by the bombed out church. I got there and had a good look in the window at them before venturing inside. Just as I was about to venture inside I lifted my head and caught a glimpse of an old fashioned van in the reflection of the window of the jewellers which had ornate writing and designs on the side, it was a creamy colour. I turned around to look and watched it drive slowly up the road, I remember the noise of the tyres on the road as it was very loud. As I watched it go up the street I saw everything else. Shops I hadn’t seen before, a weird haze in the air, people with different attire, specifically noticed two older women walk past with black angular glasses on, cars I hadn’t seen before. I will be honest, I got scared, it seemed everything went silent for a second and I turned back around to face the window of the jewellers and instantly it’s as if someone put the volume to max and I saw normality in the reflection of the window. I must have done that same action 20 times after what happened, didn’t happen again. I had literally just put the phone down to my Mum who was telling me of other places I could go and have a look for rings, after reading the post earlier I would have loved to have seen what would have happened if I was still on that call. For me though I felt uneasy, albeit scared. I think it was the shock. I have always put it down to spending several hours walking around and thinking I was tired or not thinking straight but after reading these time slip stories it makes me feel as if I didn’t have a mini breakdown
I would say if I had to put a date on it, 1960’s.
Sorry for the Anonymity, 3 people I’ve told this to and have been ridiculed and laughed at.
Thanks for reading’
It is a good account without those tell-tale story structure tropes (eg no neat conclusion reveal at the end) which are a red flag. Such a shame it is anonymous. Also the main elements of looking in a shop and a vintage van going past as the time-slip 'arrives' that has featured in our Slemen account.

This tale predates Mr Slemen's by three decades, so did one of those three people this witness shared their experience with tell a friend who then told Tom Slemen and sowed the seed of this 1990's Frank account?

It is a good account without those tell-tale story structure tropes (eg no neat conclusion reveal at the end) which are a red flag. Such a shame it is anonymous. Also the main elements of looking in a shop and a vintage van going past as the time-slip 'arrives' that has featured in our Slemen account.

This tale predates Mr Slemen's by three decades, so did one of those three people this witness shared their experience with tell a friend who then told Tom Slemen and sowed the seed of this 1990's Frank account?
How does it predate Slemens tales? They seem to have been around for quote a while the story said the event happened 7 years ago

How does it predate Slemens tales? They seem to have been around for quote a while the story said the event happened 7 years ago
Ah, well spotted, I've misread the date sshe believed the time-slip to be in as the date the event happened.

So correct, this postdates Tom Slemen's Bold Street account and in fact has distinct parallels with his Frank case i.e. the van and a shop window.

Last edited:
Ah, well spotted, I've misread the date sshe believed the time-slip to be in as the date the event happened.

So correct, this postdates Tom Slemen's Bold Street account and in fact has distinct parallels with his Frank case i.e. the van ad a shop window.
Does make me wonder whether over recent years delivery companies have been using retro styled vehicles round Bold street, as a possible explanation. I do see this sort of van about occasionally even today.

Does make me wonder whether over recent years delivery companies have been using retro styled vehicles round Bold street, as a possible explanation. I do see this sort of van about occasionally even today.
When they were filming Heartbeat in our neck of the woods it used to be very common for whole streets to be full of vintage vehicles when the team were on the move. It could give one a very peculiar feeling.

It’s not generally just an old vehicle that’s seen. Most accounts have unknown shops and people with old style clothes on.

If there really is a habit of time slips on Bold Street are there any accounts from people in the past seeing strangely dressed confused people?

Another one of the Time Slips group page on Facebook. I don’t want to direct copy it because it’s a closed group and this person have her name. But apparently her mum saw her disappear outside the shop, she was back by the time the mother came out. She was 19 and saw her surroundings change into the Edwardian era with people and a horse and carriage. She says the colours were dulled and there was an electrical/metallic smell.

Another one of the Time Slips group page on Facebook. I don’t want to direct copy it because it’s a closed group and this person have her name. But apparently her mum saw her disappear outside the shop, she was back by the time the mother came out. She was 19 and saw her surroundings change into the Edwardian era with people and a horse and carriage. She says the colours were dulled and there was an electrical/metallic smell.
I'm following/in that group, too. Some recollections are of course more intriguing than others. Some series of events come over sounding rather muddled but I suppose things are difficult to explain. Quite a few cases of vanishing buildings etc sound more like people going down a parallel street to the one they took last time and not realising.

The Supernatural Lapse of Time in Fairyland
Overview:

In previous chapters we have seen that human beings are sometimes taken by fairies into Fairyland , and that they are there kept for a longer or shorter period , or , it may be, are never permitted to return to earth at all . We have noted cases in which they are led down for temporary purposes and , if they are prudent , are enabled to return when those purposes are accomplished . We have noted other cases in which babes or grown women have been stolen and retained until their kindred have compelled restoration . The story cited in the last chapter from Giraldus Giraldus describes a seduction of a different kind . There the visit to Fairyland was of a more voluntary character , and the hero was able to go to and fro as he pleased . We have also met with tales
in which the temptation of food, or more usually of drink , has been held out to the wayfarer ; and we have learned that the result of yielding would be to give himself wholly into the fairies' hands. I propose now to examine instances in which temptation of one kind or other has been successful, or in which a spell has been cast over man or woman , not merely preventing the bewitched person from regaining his home and human society , but also rendering him, while under the spell , impervious to the attacks of time and unconscious of its flight.​

Source: Edwin S. Hartland, The Science of Fairy Tales—An Inquiry into Fairy Mythology (London, 1891).,pp.161-195

Attachments

• Edwin S. Hartland, The Science of Fairy Tales—An Inquiry into Fairy Mythology (London, 1891).,...pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
Was this Bold Street again?

The smell and dulled colours are characteristic. We rarely hear about the weather during these time-slips so i wonder if they happen on days when thunder storms are brewing (one of Jenny's theories).

Being pedantic here but if you watch archive footage there appears to be no discernible difference between the latter Victorian years and the early Edwardian years and so how could the witness be certain it was the latter and not the former?

Back