• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFOs: Seen One? Personal UFO Sightings (IHTM; Miscellaneous)

I'll go check it out THANKS!!

and by the way -The story I gave, is true, and I told it as I saw it happen.beleive it or not! It was "one" of the damndest things I ever experienced - and I know that its weirder than we can ever imagine out there!! (I won't even go into the "orange globes" I saw while in the Navy):eek!!!!:

Re: I'll go check it out THANKS!!

Originally posted by ruffready
and by the way -The story I gave, is true, and I told it as I saw it happen.beleive it or not! It was "one" of the damndest things I ever experienced - and I know that its weirder than we can ever imagine out there!!
Don't worry, I believe it.

(I won't even go into the "orange globes" I saw while in the Navy):eek!!!!:
I would love to hear about them.

Iridium flares

Erm, just been reading up about the Iridium flares, seems they do move and quite fast too. I think the last time I read about the Iridium satellites was before they were made. Thanks for correcting me on that one. Anyway, keep watching the skies!

Two EXPLAINED sightings:

1. I was out in the California desert north of the 29 Palms Marine Corps Base, and saw some Air Force planes doing a mid-air refueling manoeuver. It was pretty high up, with a C-130 tanker feeding two smaller planes from its' wingtips. They were too high up for me to ID the smaller planes- some kinda fighter. Anyway, if I didn't know what I was looking at, or it was night, or I was eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Space Brothers, I would have thought it looked REALLY WEIRD!

2. I was outside in back of my house and looking up at the LA sky early one morning and saw a dimly reflective, writhing snake-like thing just lazily floating up a few hundred feet or so. I watched it slowly drift up and up, and dwindle in size until it looked like a dim star. Then, it winked out of sight. My friend and I discussed it later, and he confirmed seeing something similar: a string of party balloons like they use at an outdoor wedding or football game. This one had slipped its surly bonds and taken off. Again, if I didn't know what it was, it would have been a very strange visual experience, and I would only have had wildly speculative ideas about what it could have been.

Me! Me! I saw one last night!

TIme 21.10 - 21.20, October 31st.

Direction - SW of us, I would estimate over Knowle or Bedminster Down, range therefore two to four miles.

Weather conditions - overcast and spitting with rain, with minor distant breaks in cloud.

Description: static object, initially shaped like a wedge viewed sideways on, bright orange shot with red (like a blood orange). Originally thought it was the moon with clouds obscuring, then realised cloud cover was behind it. Object then started to get smaller, remaining apparently static, presumably therefore moving away in a straight line from me. After three or four minutes had changed shape to become an upright triangle, smaller than initial wedge, still solidly coloured (not the classic points of light describing a triangle). Viewed through binoculars object was three-sided, but rounded at corners, and visibly diminshing. A plane, quite fast-moving, appeared from the north west, and approached object, which then rapidly dimininshed into a point of whitish light before vanishing from view altogether. Approaching plane banked and followed approximate direction (south west, towards the coast) before being lost to view.

It wasn't an airship, certainly wasn't a plane or helicopter (grew up around both, and know what they look like :)), couldn't be a balloon as they don't fly at night. It wasn't reflected street lights, wasn't fireworks (there were loads last night, but they don't stay static and in view for ten minutes), nor was it a laser show.

My first ever UFO :).

Stu Neville Reports his:

first ever UFO sighting.....
-------------------------------------

I was wondering if there was anyone with you when saw the UFO?

Or were there any people nearby?

And if there were, do you recall any particular resposes to the UFO?

Thanks-

Sudi

sudi said:
I was wondering if there was anyone with you when saw the UFO?
No - only other adult in the house was downstairs watching Absolutely Fabulous, and so it would take armed force to get her to come upstairs and stand at the window looking at a peculiar light in the distance. I did mention it in an animated manner, to a somewhat less enthusiastic reception.
ibid
Or were there any people nearby?
No - by this time it was drizzling outside, the Trick or Treaters had all gone home, and the only people in our street with the same angle of view as us from the bedroom windows are our next door neighbours (we live on a bend at the top of a hill). You can't see that particular view from downstairs or at street level as there are woods behind the houses opposite, which blocks their view completely in that direction: our street has a terraced effect so we're higher up than the other side of the road and can see over their houses.

As is, my mate lives in one of the areas over which I estimated it could have been hovering, but he's on holiday in Tenerife :rolleyes:.
ibid
And if there were, do you recall any particular resposes to the UFO?

Thanks-

Sudi
See above. Personally, I was intent on observing it: I knew trying to take a photo was pointless (too many other, brighter and nearer light sources), so just tried to get as much detail down as I could.

Stu Neville says:

I did mention it in an animated manner, to a somewhat less enthusiastic reception.

Thanks for the information.

I have noted that when I have a chance to talk with anyone that has seen a "triangle" or something in the sky that falls (somewhat) into that catagory, often a peripheral observation concerns the casual way that either the "sightee" or companions of the sightee react to the sighting.

For example, one friend who was with several other people saw a triangle drift overhead late one night, coming into sight just over urban homes. (It was huge, silent, etc.) When he pointed it out to the others, they glanced up and barely acknowledged it, and continued talking to each other. (Caveat: They had just left a bar after several beers but no one was stumble-down drunk.)

Another acquaintance saw (this one during the day,) a huge rectangular object appear over the trees in a suburban setting. He said it was green, and didn't appear to be an advertising dirigible since there was no lettering, etc, on the thing. He says that at the time of the sighting he was very excited about it and ran into the house to get his housemate to come outside to see it. But when he got inside, the housemate was napping and he decided he wouldn't disturb him. That in itself is not too strange, except that in retrospect, he says he can't understand why he didn't wake his housemate, because it wouldn't have been that big a deal to rouse him, and he was very interested in the thing outside.

And in my own sighting, (of a huge, silent triangle, etc,) occured at a heavily traffiked intersection on a busy Friday night at about 7pm. When I got out of my car, (stopped at the light,) to better see the thing, and wanted to go over to some other car to ask if they knew what it was, there was no other car at the intersection. This is not an impossibility, just a peculariarity that I recall as being strange in retrospect.

(I also found an incident posted on the web that said some people at a garden party all witnessed a triangle while they also stood outside and although groups of partiers were all seeing the triangle, the poster said that he didn't call out to a nearby group of people even though he thought about it. Then he decided, it wasn't important enough. He also noted that later, none of the people that saw the triangle mentioned it during the remainder of the party. Which he said in retrospect, was weird.)

Anyway. I just think that, even though not extraordinarily unbelievable, some of the retrospective observances about people's reactions to the triangles are interesting.

Of course, I understand the reaction of the Ab Fab viewer, since the magnetic draw of the program would definitely trump the anti-grav-space-time-distortion engines of the craft you observed. ;)

Thanks again for your reply
-Sudi

I saw a UFO with my Mum

I remember at the age of four(Summer 1980, Blackpool), coming home in my pushchair(I was in this because it was a long walk home from my Mums friend Pauline's and I had been complaining of my feet aching)when me and my Mum noticed a Silver and red rotating sphere floating above the treeline of the field to our right.
The sphere was smoothly matching our speed, I couldnt estimate distance but it was probably about the size of penny held at arms length and seemed "locked" onto a specific height from the horizon(Est 10 to 30 feet depending on size of object) the colours of the object were split evenly silver and red, the silver was non-reflective and seemed perhaps more like a gunmetal grey, the red seemed to have a faint luminescense, its rotation was slow and smooth. after my Mum and I watched this object for some minutes we turned away, turned back and it had disappeared.
Now I know this seems very far fetched that a four year old sitting in a pushchair could remember this, but honestly my memory of it visually is so clear, to this day, and of course my Mum saw it(who was in her late twenties at the time) and her recall of these events is clear.

Originally posted by sudi
I have noted that when I have a chance to talk with anyone that has seen a "triangle" or something in the sky that falls (somewhat) into that catagory, often a peripheral observation concerns the casual way that either the "sightee" or companions of the sightee react to the sighting.-Sudi

I am not sure there is anything unusual in these reactions. You have to remember that seeing something in the sky, you can't identify, immediately classifies you as "wacky" with many, if not most people. Therefore, going up to a bunch of people and trying to explain you are seeing a UFO and would like them to come and look, may well be met with derision.
Which is very stupid, but there you go.

Min Bannister points out:

I am not sure there is anything unusual in these reactions. You have to remember that seeing something in the sky, you can't identify, immediately classifies you as "wacky" with many, if not most people. Therefore, going up to a bunch of people and trying to explain you are seeing a UFO and would like them to come and look, may well be met with derision.
Which is very stupid, but there you go.

Yes, I see what you're saying.

At least in one event (the bar people) everyone who saw the object, was in the same group chatting on the sidewalk, so no one had to go up to them, per se and risk seeming looney; at least not as a stranger who might approach someone they didn't know, to get a witness, (like I was willing to do, had I seen any other cars around...and IF they didn't see it, for some reason, might have thought me whacky since they didn't know me. But what I saw was unavoidably HUGE.)

According to the man (at the bar,) who said his companions acted nonchalantly, it was a matter of him seeing it first, & pointing towards it --this was one of the massively huge triangles gliding into view over the rooftops, so it wasn't hard to see. Quite the opposite, it would have been difficult to ignore. Which is just what his friends did after he said "Hey Lookit THAT!" They looked and went "Eh..yeah.." and continued talking about whatever.

Other people, however, have told me, unprovoked, that they noticed a peculiaraity in the others' reactions. The observation was not mine iniitially. Just that often a "sightee" will bring up their observation that others (or themselves, for that matter,) didn't act as they would have expected them, knowing them (or theirselves,) as they do. IE: the friend not waking the housemate, when in retrospect, they think they would have reacted less passively to the situation.

The pal at the bar knew the people he was with very well. And according to him, usually they would have been more interested in hangnail than the GIANT silently gliding triangular object floating overhead. But I wasn't there and this was his observation.

So randomly, in talking with some people who have seen this genre of craft, this peripheral observation, that of..."Hey, ya know sumthin' weird? The people near me weren't the least bit interested and I seem to think it was a normal level of interest at the time. Now it seems strange."

I have no idea what these observations might mean.

-Sudi

Sudi-I believe the phenomenon you are describing is called SEP.

Thanks for the link, Bannik.
SEP might be part of the configuration.

As an aside, just in my circle of acquaintances, three other people, (and then include me, that's four,) have seen a strange huge craft, all in this region. (That would be the east coast in the U.S.)

I am convinced they are military craft, not necessarily U.S. stuff. After all, quantum electrodynamics were being defined directly after WW2. With enough physicists (all over the world,) looking into that strange aspect of "reality" it wouldn't be an out-of-bounds probability that some sort of "anti-gravity" or just holographic "cloaking" type thing would evolve for aircraft by the late 60's or 70's. These big, (often multi-colored,) silent craft have sightings as early as the late 60s.

Anyway. The one other anecdote about a reaction to the sighting of a triangle comes from a friend who saw it float over his 2 story apartment building one early evening (6 or 7 pm and it was already dark,) as he went to dump the trash. It came over the alleyway where the garbage cans were, he watched it glide over, walked out toward the street to see where it went, and to the best of my recall (I'd have to verify this with him again,) said by the time he walked to the street, and looked where it should have been, based on it's prior path, that it was gone. I then asked him what he did. He said he went back inside and fed the cat. He lived with his girlfriend at the time and I did ask him if he told her, (this was one instance of "leading the witness :) He said "No, I just didn't think it was important." But in talking about the thing he saw now, he is quite intrigued by it and like me, says he would really like to see another one.

The thing I saw was quite spectacular and it is the sort of wierd experience that you would like to have someone else see at the same time, if only to get another opinion.

-Sudi :confused:

I've seen one of those triangular-shaped UFO's too. About a year ago, one of them (and a huge one at that) just sort of lazily crawled across the night sky right over my house, while my roomates and I just stood and gaped at it. "Must be some kind of military job" was the only explanation we could come up with. I mean, it was enormous, almost floating over the Los Angeles sky it was so slow and...well, it just sort of stood out. I'm surprised that it didn't make the news, really.

Then again, this is L.A., so maybe the UFOnauts were just there to visit/pick up/drop off some of the relatives. Now THAT wouldn't be much of a surprise ;)

Dyslexicicus said:
I mean, it was enormous, almost floating over the Los Angeles sky it was so slow and...well, it just sort of stood out.
Your description reminds me of that scene in Independence Day where what's-his-name walks out of his house to get the paper and sees that huge ship blotting out much of the sky.

Hmm, you're right, I guess it does. It would have been a nice touch of synchronicity if the aliens had shown up to personally nuke the creators of that God-awful movie :D

Flying triangles

Hi
have finally caught up with this thread.
have been an "investigator" of UFO's but (please)
no more for the time being!!

have had my own "UFO" sighting of two white balls of light, about 4-5 feet in diameter which flew low over a housing estate just SE of my house. (It was just after midnight, July 1996 (?) (I'll see if I can confirm that date).
They went at about 150 mph, altitude approx 250 -300 feet.
5 minutes apart. Silent. on a curving course and then disappeared to the east behind some hills.
5 minutes after the second one a Hercules plane flew along exactly the same course, same speed etc as though it was tracking them.
These were not astronomical phenomena as there was a lot of low mist which was lit up by the street lights of the housing estate and against which the Herc was beautifully silhouetted
(hence i knew what plane it was.) The viewing angle was only just above the horizontal (10 degrees max).
Weather otherwise was quiet, no storms,rain etc.
Observer was sober and awake.
BOLs were observed by some people at the same time from a different angle.
"Official" explanation that these were satellites is rubbish, you couldn't see that far at that angle, too much mist. Neither do satellites change direction or fly so low.
My prefered explanation is that these BOL's were created by the intersection of LASERs or microwaves (or both). Plasma balls can be created using microwaves and experiments have been conducted using these as a form of weapon.

AS for Flying Triangles - haven't seen one myself but do have a look at the two reports on my website:
http//myweb.tiscali.co.uk/blackchip for just how many do observe just one night's fly past by these craft.

Richard @

Apologies if this has been posted before, I know it's a few months old but interesting nonetheless, article.

I didnt see it my friend did.One night he was drivving home from a ariport every one else was asleep.(except for the driver.) He was looking out the back of the car and saw a round thing with loads of lights around it 10 secs later it was gone he said.:_omg:

I saw a UFO when I was about 5 years old. It was not a hazy light in the distance nor did I see it at night. It was at dusk, most of the kids had gone in for supper, I was still playing along with maybe two other people. It flew very low not hovering but maybe twenty thirty feet above the treetops. THe neighborhood did not have a lot of tree and we were in my yard that had no trees it flew over my neighbors yard they had the very tall pine trees. I remember running in to the house yelling for my mother and was immediately dismissed. As I was a little kid I can understand this. I told this story to other people and most thought I was making it up so as I got older I did embelish it and tell it as a made up story. But it isn't. I might even would doubt myself on this now as it is 26 years later only that a few years after that I was playing outside and a giant fireball came streaking across the sky in broad daylight, my cousin saw this also and we ran in to tell my mom, again I was dismissed but she said "oh yeah, like you saw that UFO a couple of years ago". Only the fireball was on the news that night. I have looked up articles on ufo sightings in that area and there are a few but none around the year that I saw one. I also had a teacher describe a UFO experience almost to the exact detail of mine years later. I must add that where I grew up there are a lot of military bases w/in a 100 mile radius. Airforce, Navy, coastgaurd and and two major flight training facilities within a 2 hour drive. So maybe I saw some sort of test project I don't know. All I know is it was different from anything normally associated with human flight.

GL5210 says:

It was not a hazy light in the distance nor did I see it at night.
----------------

What did it look like?

It was silver metalic not perfectly oval but oval in an angular way. Had colored light along the sides but but only in a panel along the middle portion. It made no noise other than a slight whirring sound but not loud. It was gone by the time I ran inside and back out. I have tried to draw it but I have no artistic ability. The one other kid that I know that was out there with me that I could have talked to about it died a few years ago. I wish that I would have spoke to him about it. It may have just been some sort of test craft. I don't know. This was around 1977 I have found news reports from year 1971, 1973 and mid 80's and all through the 90's.

Thanks for the description. I had a friend who grew up in Florida and had a strange UFO sighting with a pal of his. (This would have been about 1965-70.)
He said he and his friend were going home (riding their bikes, I believe, and stopped in a field. He recalls seeing some kind of object in the sky (I have no specifics here...) and that he saw a bright light.

And then...they were waking up in the field....

(This is the same friend I mentioned in another UFO thread [or maybe this one, I'm too lazy to edit myself, sorry, :) ] who saw a huge rectangular green colored thing float over the treetops at home years later and ran inside to tell his roomy, but the roomate was asleep and he decided not to disturb him.)

Well Florida has many, many military bases I won't dismiss that it was something man made. I didn't grow up in Fl, but Al about and hour or so from where I live now. All along the gulf coast there are military bases and training facilities. But apparantly this whole area is supposed to be a UFO hot spot. Of course our most famous pics from this area have been proven fake. To bad I didn't have a camera huh? Of course only a little kid so probably wouldn't have been able to use it.

Hi people, been reading this thread with interest as I saw a triangular type ufo in oxfordshire[UK] in 1991(ish). I feel it is an unusual sighting as its not your usual light/blob in the sky affair. It was around 3am & me & friend were up on his farm. we saw the oblect and thought it was a just a plane or something but soon anter it turned on a powerfull serachlight and appeared 2b searching the nearby woods. oh its a helicopter we thought and watched with interest from about 100 yards + away. then things got weird as it came towards us low in the sky with its lights on and we could see it was no helicopters. its had red, amber and green lights in the corners i think and possibly a central white one. it come right over me only a matter of metres abover my head. it was close and you know when your close to a helicopter if u know what i mean! it hoverded for a bit as if 2 say ,'whats this' and then nonchanlently few off over the hillsides and out of view - not a any great speed i might add.

any similar stories anyone? (expect my mates lol:blah: )

not being too nosey (honest) but can you tell me roughly whereabouts in Oxfordshire you saw all this, only I live in said county and I remember a few strange lights in the sky incidents round about the time you said.

Back