• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Do Points Make? Board Trophies & Titles

I am updated.

This is good--and it looks as if you're not alone.

One of my motivations was the stupidity of the fact that so many members had pretty much immediately amassed all the trophies and so the lists didn't distinguish between them. At least this way, we're all staggered out a bit: it's more aesthetically pleasing!

So....I just received a notification on a trophy thingie,,,,does it show up somewhere..?

Celestial Being is going to be a tough one! Will anyone get there?!

All suitably odd & Fortean, this rewards process. Byzantine complexity coupled with ersatz sugar pills. I'm addicted and confused (but, my therapist tells me it's all good....though in fairness, how they know that from my basement is totally beyond me).

I''ve just been awarded my first anniversary badge, despite the fact that I unlurked in late 2014 (and had been covertly-lurking since well before the beginning of the first proto-forum)

That's odd, I got a free laptop when I reached 113 points.
So did I, but the guy I took it from was bloody furious.

Last edited:
I initiated the three new trophies: 1st, 5th & 10th Anniversary last night (how many years you have been registered). At some point between then and my log-in this morning the system did its scheduled checks and awarded them all retrospectively; hence some of you received all three at once; future recipents will receive them successively at the appropriate times (the award is preset in days and I did not bother to factor in leap years, so the system is not 100% accurate).

I find that I can design and establish trophies for a number of seemingly pointless 'achievements' ('Username includes the word fish', 'User has been banned', 'User becomes a moderator' 'User arrived via a search engine', 'User has linked to their facebook account' etc.), but the only one I intend to implement is a high ratio of LIKES to POSTS--I just need to figure out the threshold to deserve a prize and how to establish a minimum number of posts before the crtiterion is applied (to avoid 1 POST, 2 LIKES = 200%!).

I know it's all rather irrelevant, but a) I enjoy tinkering and b) I like marking milestones (Stu reached 10,000 posts last week) and setting out markers for the future.

Last edited:
damn, i thought i was special, just another clone
You have been awarded a trophy: 10th Anniversary
1:41 AM
You have been awarded a trophy: 5th Anniversary
1:41 AM
You have been awarded a trophy: 1st Anniversary

If you've been here ten years and are still logging on, you are special--statistically speaking.

Might stick up a 15th & 20th Anniversary trophy to distinguish the first wave and leave one for the future (2021).

Some of us have been a permanent fixture for more than 15 years.

Some of us have been a permanent fixture for more than 15 years.

See above.

Will set up a 15-year annivesary as soon as I finish this next bottle of wine.

Edit: done--somebody post to let me know when it pops up.

Edit2: it has popped up.

Last edited:
I first logged on in 2002 but my profile got wiped when I took a voluntary sabbatical to focus on work a few years later. When I came back after a year or so, I had to start afresh but technically, I've been around since 2002.

Clearly you have made yourself at home. After fifteen years there's no hope of getting rid of you, so we may as well get along: please accept another trophy as a token of your long association with the Premier forum For The Discussion of Forteana (TM).

I first logged on in 2002 but my profile got wiped when I took a voluntary sabbatical to focus on work a few years later. When I came back after a year or so, I had to start afresh but technically, I've been around since 2002.

If you know your original username, I can merge it into your current ID and give you the seniority you deserve.

Now that's a good question. I think it might have been Ringo or Ringobingo - not sure. It doesn't matter that much anyway. I know that most of my early posts are gone, probably in the migration here. All of my own fortean and unexplained happenings have disappeared from the board. It's like history is deleting me...one...piece ...at...a...tim

Back