• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Happened To All The Sightings & Abductions?

rynner2 said:
uair01 said:
It's fascinating to notice how unimaginable it is nowadays that someone would make a career out of UFO's and that he should be taken seriously (Hynek, Klass). And that abductees should be taken seriously. The whole media landscape has changed. Indeed, the Zeitgeist has changed. There should be some sociological studies about this somewhere. Does anyone know some?
No, but I'm pretty sure they'd be very, very boring! ;)

On the contrary, surely this kind of study would be at the very heart of Fortean investigation! ;) Everything pivots around human perception, especially in areas where objectively measurable evidence is so thin on the ground.

Sorry to revive on old thread just for a red top article but I liked the story!

We’re all doomed: Meet the Irish man who claims he was abucted by aliens
He was walking home after two Christmas pints when he was apparently yanked into a spacecraft.

A MAN who claims he was abucted by aliens said the extraterrestials had a chilling warning for humanity: “You’re all doomed.”
Gerry Battles, 61, from Pallaskenry, Co Limerick, was walking home after two Christmas pints when he was yanked into a spacecraft.
He said: “It was a clear, dry night. It was really crisp and frosty — just beautiful.
“You could have read a book with the light off the night sky, but I wasn’t drawn by the light of the stars or the moon but by a bright, surgical, white light coming from the other end of the boreen.
“I was only minutes away from my house but it was such a clear and beautiful night that I stopped to gaze at the stars.”

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homep...211-_-SunIEShowbiz-_-365436685-_-Imageandlink

'We are four million light years more advanced than you are. We have been observing you for Millennia.

In all that time you have only excelled at two things — global warfare and lying to your own species.

You must use the force. Be one with the force. Harness the force. He told me that every one of our governments have been lying to us from day one and not to trust them.'
Four million light years more advanced?
The force?

Hmmm. The Irish beer is strong in this one.

Given that this happened in 2001, I wonder why it's suddenly being reported now?

Anyhow, that cone head was certainly right about not trusting the banks.

There was some frenzied knocking on the door at 3am this morning, so now I've a possible explanation.

As regards the OP's proposition, the title of this thread: I blame the prevalance of cameraphones and the internet. It's made the abductors go all shy and retiring. That, and the 'end' of the Cold War...

The grey alien overlords spite your puny human politeness. Now the space brothers, they'd invite you in for a pancake...

I wonder if the new X-Files series might inspire a new outbreak of UFO sightings and abduction reports.

I wonder if the new X-Files series might inspire a new outbreak of UFO sightings and abduction reports.
Only if we were able to legislatively re-introduce the particularly-productive blend of urban isolation experienced by previous abductees, which would be an:

• internetless,
  • four-channels-till-midnight, then cocoa...
  • 110/35mm cameras...
  • libraries-closed-at-8, pubs at 11...
  • videocassette hire shop...
  • Iron Curtained...

....sort-of-world. Because it's all now so mainstream and nearly passe. Wasn't your psychoanalyst abducted a while back? I was sure I saw him, curled-up on the brightly-lit probing-bench three along from me.
2016-03-20 23.23.18.png

Top American Football player (twice league Most Valuable Player) Aaron Rogers had a UFO sighting a few months before becoming a pro.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...aron-rodgers-shares-wild-tale-of-ufo-sighting

"It was a large orange, left-to-right-moving object," Rodgers explained to Holmes. "Because of the overcast nature of the night and the snow, you couldn't make out ... it was behind the clouds we were seeing, but it was definitively large, moving from left to right. ... It was me, Steve, and his brother that saw it.

"And it goes out of sight and we look at each other and go, 'What in the f--- was that?'"

(At this point we just want to make it clear that, although Rodgers was sharing this story on a comedian's podcast, the quarterback was deadly serious.)

Later, Rodgers and company heard the sound of fighter jets flying over the home.

"Now, if you know anything about UFO sightings or you've done research, you know that a lot of times two things are connected to UFO sightings," said the two-time MVP and Super Bowl champion. "One is the presence of fighter jets. And two, there's a lot of sightings around nuclear power plants. So to tie it all together, the alarm we heard from 30 miles out was a nuclear power plant that had an alarm that went off."

Aaron Rodgers Discusses His Love for Fringe History, Says Conspiracy Theories of History Give Him "Hope"

The internet is abuzz talking about how Green Bay Packers quarterback and television pitchman Aaron Rodgers admitted to seeing an orange UFO in 2005 during an appearance on the You Made It Weird podcast. He linked this sighting to nuclear power plants, which he considers to be magnets for UFOs. This wouldn’t be too interesting to us except that in the unreported part of the discussion, which lasted ten times longer, Rodgers also admitted to being a huge fan of (you guessed it) Ancient Aliens, joining a chorus of celebrities who have embraced the History Channel’s fraudulent series and its claims:

That got me into the whole Ancient Aliens… I like the History Channel and the History Channel 2 [= H2]. I’ve been a, I studied history in college and have always been a fan of what happened in the past, the near past and also the ancient past. And, there’s some, you know, great shows on there that talk about the… Brad Meltzer’s got a show on there about whether the history that we’re told is actually how it happened, based on artifacts found all over the world that kind of tie it back to similar places and the fact that there’s pyramids all over the place, and the fact that in general history is usually written by the winners.

He is presumably referring to America Unearthed in that final section rather than Brad Meltzer’s Decoded, but six of one, half a dozen of the other. Podcast host and semi-famous comedian Pete Holmes (from Best Week Ever and elsewhere) then agrees with Rodgers and adds that history is written to “keep people in the dark” before going on to question the theory of evolution. Both he and Rodgers invoke the Anunnaki and the Watchers (by name!) to better explain the origins of humankind, and I felt very sad, both because the Watchers made it into a conversation between a quarterback and a comedian, and also because even though I am the least interested person in the world when it comes to football, even I know more about the Green Bay Packers off the top of my head than Holmes did in this interview, even after allegedly researching Rodgers. His lack of preparation for interviewing Rodgers was just embarrassing. ...

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/a...-conspiracy-theories-of-history-give-him-hope

There are a couple of abductee stories in the new FT mag, in the Strange Days section. One about the self-styled organisation Hybrid Baby Community where young women claim to have given birth multiple times to alien babies, and another about an Irish grandfather who was abducted on the way home from the pub (!), according to himself. His aliens are preoccupied with The Force, in a Star Wars way. So there are still tales of this trickling through onto the news pages.

Only if we were able to legislatively re-introduce the particularly-productive blend of urban isolation experienced by previous abductees, which would be an:

• internetless,
  • four-channels-till-midnight, then cocoa...
  • 110/35mm cameras...
  • libraries-closed-at-8, pubs at 11...
  • videocassette hire shop...
  • Iron Curtained...

....sort-of-world. Because it's all now so mainstream and nearly passe. Wasn't your psychoanalyst abducted a while back? I was sure I saw him, curled-up on the brightly-lit probing-bench three along from me.
View attachment 2208

I think you're right. There is just too much junk around that allows people to 'prove' things. The world is a lesser place now, as far as I'm concerned. Bring back naivety! (or at least bring back the alien abductions)

I would like to share a story about a similar book like this.
In 1998 we had a devastating flood at our library. According to our records our copy of the Roswell report was lost in the flood. An older gentleman in a trench coat came to the desk and asked for a copy. My colleague and I looked up the book to only see that it was marked lost/flood. Where at that point, in his loudest voice possible he began to scream…
“Don’t you see? Don’t you see! It was the Men in Black. They did not want me to read that book. They came here and washed all the books away! There after us all.”
As he was running out of the door, my colleague yelled to him “Harvard has copy.” Sorry Harvard.
Interestingly as I was shelving in that particular area would you not believe it. The Roswell report had been mis-shelved up one shelf sparing it from the flood. Sloppy shelving foiled the Men in Black.

http://awfullibrarybooks.net/i-want-to-believe/

I would like to share a story about a similar book like this.
In 1998 we had a devastating flood at our library. According to our records our copy of the Roswell report was lost in the flood. An older gentleman in a trench coat came to the desk and asked for a copy. My colleague and I looked up the book to only see that it was marked lost/flood. Where at that point, in his loudest voice possible he began to scream…
“Don’t you see? Don’t you see! It was the Men in Black. They did not want me to read that book. They came here and washed all the books away! There after us all.”
As he was running out of the door, my colleague yelled to him “Harvard has copy.” Sorry Harvard.
Interestingly as I was shelving in that particular area would you not believe it. The Roswell report had been mis-shelved up one shelf sparing it from the flood. Sloppy shelving foiled the Men in Black.

http://awfullibrarybooks.net/i-want-to-believe/

Lol .. reminds of the time I was in Lloyds bank in Bournemouth about 20 years ago and a crazy looking woman came in and started shouting that the logo of a prancing horse with some sort of rope design about it was proof that the top brass were advocating bestiality .. this logo I think ..

L.png

Last edited:
The new logo doesn't have that rope around the horse.
Perhaps they listened to the crazy lady.

This query is probably in the wrong thread. But I'll ask anyway.

Many of you will remember the sighting at Eupan (Belgium) back in, I think, 1989. MOre commonly known as the Belgian flap,

My question is 'was it covered on this site, and if so can someone point me to the appropriate thread' ?

INT21

I've noticed there are no good UFO sightings or fascinating abduction stories anymore. Sure, there are lots of dodgy photos of seagulls, frisbees, swamp gas and the like, but is NO-ONE abducted (or even "close-encountered") anymore? If not, why not? I'd love a good "I was abducted by aliens" story! I keep coming back to this forum, but am consistently disappointed.

Maybe many susceptible people have now moved on to tin-foil hats and 9/11 conspiracies, lizard people et al?

Last edited:
... Many of you will remember the sighting at Eupan (Belgium) back in, I think, 1989. MOre commonly known as the Belgian flap,

My question is 'was it covered on this site, and if so can someone point me to the appropriate thread' ?

The only direct mention of Eupen occurs in this 2010 FTMB thread (see post #16):

http://forum.forteantimes.com/index.php?threads/skunk-works-or-aliens.41818/

If you want assistance locating a particular or specifiable FTMB thread, you can post in the Threadfinder General thread (which is intended to serve as a bulletin board for people who wish to locate threads and others who hopefully find them).

There does seem an abundance of new age dudes channeling beings from other galaxies or planes of existence.
More like interstellar skype than a home visit.

Enolagaia,

Thanks for that. I have read through the stuff on Eupan.

I don't think the subject was covered in depth, but there again, it wasn't the point of the thread.

INT21

Back