• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

When Dogs Attack

Dunno if I've mentioned this before but, well, I found it funny.

Was at work a few years ago when a dog rushed out from under a table and went for me. It nipped at my calf, grabbing the back of my trouser leg. No harm done as I was wearing tall Para boots but I wasn't impressed.

The owners were apologetic. I said 'I'm going have to tell the manager about this dog because it is not under control.'
So I wandered over and saw the manager, and he went to see them, and the dog rushed out and actually bit him!

He threw them out. Anyone who knows where I work will understand how inconvenient this would have been for them.

I bet they went straight to Pets r Us and bought a muzzle! :chuckle:

Dunno if I've mentioned this before but, well, I found it funny.

Was at work a few years ago when a dog rushed out from under a table and went for me. It nipped at my calf, grabbing the back of my trouser leg. No harm done as I was wearing tall Para boots but I wasn't impressed.

The owners were apologetic. I said 'I'm going have to tell the manager about this dog because it is not under control.'
So I wandered over and saw the manager, and he went to see them, and the dog rushed out and actually bit him!

He threw them out. Anyone who knows where I work will understand how inconvenient this would have been for them.

I bet they went straight to Pets r Us and bought a muzzle! :chuckle:
If not a muzzle, then a shorter lead.

I was bitten numerous times by ex's very large Old English Sheepdog. Should have taken the hint.:chuckle:

Little dogs are far nastier than big dogs. A vet told me once that Corgis are so aggressive that if they were the size of a Labrador they would all be put down and the breed banned.
Working in many different customers homes over the year I can certainly agree with that. A few times too, the customer would go out and leave the dog in the house while I was working, and, although nice and friendly when the owner was there, it would change personality as soon as they left.
I once had to climb out of the bathroom window (of a bungalow fortunately:)) when the 'friendly' jack Russell wouldn't let me pass him in the hallway....

Working in many different customers homes over the year I can certainly agree with that. A few times too, the customer would go out and leave the dog in the house while I was working, and, although nice and friendly when the owner was there, it would change personality as soon as they left.
I once had to climb out of the bathroom window (of a bungalow fortunately:)) when the 'friendly' jack Russell wouldn't let me pass him in the hallway....
This is why I won't leave my dog unattended with anyone who hasn't known her from puppyhood. She's massively defensive, and she only knows one way of defending herself...

Back