• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Worst Movie EVER?

I recently looked-up Polanski's What? which is generally regarded as a low-point in his oeuvre.

I sat through this a few nights ago, having last seen it soon after its release.

I did not fall asleep. This was the presumably-complete 2-hour Italian version on Youtube at the moment, with English subtitles sourced elsewhere. Ask if you need them.

Carlo Ponti stumped up the money for this Alice-in-Wonderland erotic interlude, filmed, it seems, entirely on location in someone's tax-free bolt-hole in an enviable waterside villa. Filmed in Todd AO-35 but don't expect HD from the Youtube version. It's watchable. :rolleyes:

ICarlo Ponti stumped up the money for this Alice-in-Wonderland erotic interlude, filmed, it seems, entirely on location in someone's tax-free bolt-hole in an enviable waterside villa. Filmed in Todd AO-35 but don't expect HD from the Youtube version. It's watchable. :rolleyes:

Once I realized that Up was basically a live-action, unauthorized version of Little Annie Fanny, I enjoyed it. Not a great film, but an overall fun time.

I sat through this a few nights ago, having last seen it soon after its release.

I did not fall asleep. This was the presumably-complete 2-hour Italian version on Youtube at the moment, with English subtitles sourced elsewhere. Ask if you need them.

Carlo Ponti stumped up the money for this Alice-in-Wonderland erotic interlude, filmed, it seems, entirely on location in someone's tax-free bolt-hole in an enviable waterside villa. Filmed in Todd AO-35 but don't expect HD from the Youtube version. It's watchable. :rolleyes:

If you really want to see it, there's a gleaming, restored Blu-ray available that looks rather lovely, all those sundrenched locations at their best. Unfortunately the film itself remains a bit of a bore.

This looks like the most unimaginative piece of crap, even for Marvel .. I'll eat my hat if it turns out to be memorable in any way.

Has anyone seen The Room, directed by and starring Tommy Wiseau in 2003?

It may have been mentioned on this thread already but as you can appreciate, I don't feel like trawling through eighty pages of shit films to find out.
I've never seen it and know I never will. Below is a compilation of the 'best' bits which is NSFW because of language and a flash of breast.
It has a huge spoiler at the end as well. The whole film is on youtube, if anyone has a spare hour and forty minutes they might want to watch it and report back here. Or not, I don't care really, this compilation is enough for me.

Yeah, I've seen The Room, and I think it's been brought up before here. It's the most sustained piece of baffling dreadfulness I've seen, one of them anyway, but not for the fainthearted. It did spawn one of the most fascinating books on a film I've ever read, The Disaster Artist, which has been made into a film by serial overachiever James Franco. Who is playing Tommy Wiseau. Heaven help us.

It may have been mentioned on this thread already but as you can appreciate, I don't feel like trawling through eighty pages of shit films to find out.
I've never seen it and know I never will. Below is a compilation of the 'best' bits which is NSFW because of language and a flash of breast.
It has a huge spoiler at the end as well. The whole film is on youtube, if anyone has a spare hour and forty minutes they might want to watch it and report back here. Or not, I don't care really, this compilation is enough for me.

Yeah, I've seen The Room, and I think it's been brought up before here. It's the most sustained piece of baffling dreadfulness I've seen, one of them anyway, but not for the fainthearted. It did spawn one of the most fascinating books on a film I've ever read, The Disaster Artist, which has been made into a film by serial overachiever James Franco. Who is playing Tommy Wiseau. Heaven help us.

I've sort of watched it. Lots of fast forwards. Truly awful and not in an ironic way.

Think really trashy 70's American daytime soaps on steroids and Angel Dust filmed in a portal to hell.

OK, here's a history lesson. Before Wiseau, before Ed Wood, this film was generally thought of as possibly the worst ever made. I give you 1934's Maniac:

So terrible it's baffling and hilarious, a great combination for bad movies. A whole mess of bad taste and overacting. Watch and think, as never before, WTF?!

Oh, and it's public domain, so you're not breaking any laws watching it on YT!

It's packed with nuttiness: why do are the morgue attendants so pleased when they get a good looking corpse in, for example? Maybe I don't want to know....

Words fail me how truly wonderful that is.

I remember being excited to watch the film Driller Killer when it was on the video nasty list (just because of the title and the front VHS cover) and also remember feeling ripped off at how dull it was in reality .. badly made and with hardly any gore at all .. perhaps not the worst film EVER but very boring ..

I remember being excited to watch the film Driller Killer when it was on the video nasty list (just because of the title and the front VHS cover) and also remember feeling ripped off at how dull it was in reality .. badly made and with hardly any gore at all ..
That's the wrong way to approach Driller Killer, of course - it's more of a NY indie character study with violence.

Haha, and I was about to say "give it another go..." :)
I tried .. I forgot there were so many punk band bits in it ! .. F/X wise though, Tom Savini took a painted straw, mounted it in a drill he used on Day Of The Dead and drilled into a zombie actor's head that way so perhaps that's how the tramp drill head scene was partly achieved in Driller Killer ? ..

The DVD of Driller Killer includes a commentary by Abel Ferrara which is regarded as a classic of its kind. He is thought to have been stoned at the time. My memories of film and commentary are very hazy now but I remember the driven-mad-by-noise trope. I am a bit like that myself but lack a cordless drill. :rolleyes:

If you see DK as of a piece with the New York as urban hellhole subgenre of thrillers, horrors and drama of its era, it's pretty evocative of a time and place. You might prefer Ms.45? Or maybe I've seen too many of these? Gotta draw the line at Nick Zedd, of course.

If you see DK as of a piece with the New York as urban hellhole subgenre of thrillers, horrors and drama of its era, it's pretty evocative of a time and place. You might prefer Ms.45? Or maybe I've seen too many of these? Gotta draw the line at Nick Zedd, of course.
I'd prefer to watch Basket Case or on a higher level, Taxi Driver to be honest as an evocative time and place film ..

Both damn good choices, especially BC which was sheer hell to make, and that atmosphere of doom is all over it, even in the jokes. But you know you want to give Cruising a try!

You might prefer Ms.45?
Huh, I was just thinking about that movie the other day, for the first time in ages. The lead actress, Zoe Lund - she was so beautiful. Tragic what became of her.

Huh, I was just thinking about that movie the other day, for the first time in ages. The lead actress, Zoe Lund - she was so beautiful. Tragic what became of her.

Yeah, she would have been a really cool lady if it hadn't been for the heroin.

Back