• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Worst Movie EVER?

I am so over the whole PC thing I think it is ruining the world. Yeah I didn't watch the Thomas the train movie as my daughter was either not born yet or a tiny baby when it came out. Alec Baldwin definitely bad casting. Not a fan of his. Luckily my daughter doesn't really like any of those train/plane/ tugboat series. Though she LOVES Bob the Builder. I would like to see the UK versions of it, I have no idea why they have to Americanize everything. I mean you guys don't UK up the shows we send over there do you?

Harry loves Bob the Builder..most of the voices are done by Neil Morrasie( of Men Behaveing badly)... no we dont seem to Uk-ise things... i find Uk childrens progs less likely to explain everything (that was a big problem with the Thomas film)...they just acept that trains can talk!..

gl5210 said:
...but then John Travolta has made some real Crap. Not bad to watch crap when it is entertaining, but that was just painful to watch.
Like Face Off. Tho' to be fair that was probably more John Woo's fault, rather than the cast's -annoying bugger's apparently incapable of telling a story (a conclusion I've come to after viewing -with mounting reluctance- Broken Arrow, Face Off, MI2 and The Killer, in that order.). Glorified fight choreographer. Nothing more.

My nomination for the dumbest film has to be Woo's Mission Impossible 2: you know the director hasn't a f**king clue when he chooses to pump up the decibels of the theme tune to deafening levels instead of trying to extract some excitement from the action on-screen during the 'climactic' chase-fight sequence. And slo-mo gun battles/bike duels, puh-lease!: if I never see another one... :rolleyes:

'Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels' has to be one of the worst films I've ever seen. Closely followed by 'Kill Bill' and 'Hannibal'. Absolutely bloody awful. I'm sure I've seen other similar disasters, but they're the ones that immediately spring to mind...

I don't get the John Woo thing either. One pointless action sequence after another with nothing to tie them together. A great action sequence is fantastic, but you need the story to fuel it. I have just about given up on action movies for that very reason. Spend a little money on the writers!!

Star Wars:phantom Menace, Star Wars: Attack Of the Clones. Doesn't George Lucas have enough money, without ruining my childhood with CGI nonsense? Plus, his ideas are always better directed by other people. If only David Lynch had have done Return of the Jedi, and Luc Besson had directed Attack of the Clones...

Oh, and Braveheart. Three hours of racist, homophobic, historically inaccurate, trash.

And the Matrix:Reloaded, and Revolutions, don't even get me started on those...

I refused to go to the Matrix sequels. I enjoyed the first one. I am tired of the sequel thing too. Sometimes there is a valid sequel there, most times not. I would say League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen was pretty awful. It had such potential.
I hope Van Helsing isn't a piece of useless crap. It looks like from the previews he is just trying to tackle way to many monsters. Well I guess we'll have to see. I liked the Xmen movies, but I really like the comics and they have a lot of source materials for more stories. Unless they mess it up like they did the batman movies.

Attack of the Clones was awful.... and like many films was squences dreamed up to be made into computer games, strung together.

Yeah I was nine months pregnant when the first one came out absolutely refused to see it. After saw it on video I would have shot myself if I had sat through Jar Jar binks at twenty feet tall. And George really needs to QUIT messing with the orginals. Didn't see the last one either, though my little girl watched Yoda doing the light saber fighting about ten times in a row. I won't go and see the next one either. It is called a STORY if you can't think of one HIRE A WRITER!!!!

this jar jar charecter is realy lane...
Bu think of the dolls we can sell...
but hes insulting and racist...
think of the merchandiseing...money in the bank!

(but i saw an awful lot of dolls at cheepo prices in the shops right after) i think you can tell in the Uk how much of a turkey a film from the states is, if it arives quick with lots of merchandiseing, chaces are its bombed.... they rekon you can fool people into seeing it for two weeks, then the word of mouth gets round and it sinks, so they have to recoup the costs prity quick.

I think everyone was left with a lot of lame merchandise on their shelves. I think that was the only reason he made these movies was to make pots and pots of money. As if he needed anymore. There is still lame queen amadala merchandise floating around you can find it extremely reduced at discount shops.

God, Thomas the Tank Engine and the Magic Rail Road. Don't please.

Utter utter shite. Peter Fonda, really! It must have been all the acid he took in the 60s.

Jerry Maguire and Natural Born Killers.

Actually I'm ashamed to admit to seeing Jerry Maguire so ignore that one.

Thirteen Ghosts.

I usually love universally reviled crap, but even I could see little good in it.

Wasn't Batman and Robin pretty much universally considered bad?

I thought the first Matrix was so so over-rated and only watched it on video for Carrie Anne Moss in black. I'm not keen on seeing the sequels.

Batman and Robin? Yeah, everyone hated it. Made me laugh.:( I am very scary.

Oh and Bullet Proof Monk. A piece of complete shite. Chow Yun Fat, what were you thinking?!

Cider said:
Oh and Bullet Proof Monk. A piece of complete shite. Chow Yun Fat, what were you thinking?!
Oh thank you. I had successfully wiped seeing that from my memory until you mentioned it... :hmph:

Besides Rocky and First Blood how about anything Sylvester Stallone has ever made?

Cider said:
Batman and Robin? Yeah, everyone hated it. Made me laugh.:( I am very scary.

Well that one made me laugh too. :eek: Hehe.

Worst film? Umm well People Under the Stairs was terrible. I love horror films but this was garbage. :cross eye

Has anyone seen 'Razor blade smile'. That was quite possibly the worst film i've ever seen. Well that and 'Attack of the killer tomatoes that is.

Canibal women in th avocado jungle of death. Anyone see that one?

Heeyy! Attack of the Killer Tomatoes is that rare gem: the intentionally 'so-crap-its-hilarious' movie that actually works as a 'so-crap-its-vaguely-amusing' movie. Usually such attempts only produce totally unfunny crap. (cf. The Rocky Horror Picture Show IMO: unmitigated drivel.) The sequel, Revenge of the Killer Tomatoes IIRC -which had a bigger budget and John 'He Was The Original Gomez Addams So I'll Hear Nowt Said Against Him' Astin in it, was pitiful. (That was the version the animated series was based on IIRC.)

:D

Apart from kids' movies, which, to be fair, you can't really count, for me it's a toss-up between

'Who's That Girl' (Madonna)

and

'Tarzan' - the one with Bo Derek, which was so bad it was almost amusing . . .

Carole

Just because the movie is dumb does that mean you have to hate it?
Dumb can be fun like, Killer Klowns From Outer Space or dumb can be utter, brain-melting, suicide-inducing, ego-stroking, steaming-turd-with-a-used-tampon on top dribble such as The Matrix Reloaded.

I only like Killer Klowns for the candyfloss guns.

Cider House Rules.... simply awful i lasted a heroic ten minets before retireing to the kitchen to drink tea on my own...

gl5210 said:
never saw Titanic. whats the point I already know how it ends.
I'd suggest that, even knowing how it ends, you could watch it for the performances of the cast -but then I remembered who was in it... :hmph:

Back