Worst Movie EVER?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score

Swifty

Reaction score
Waterworld isn't that bad!
Do you mean the Dennis Hopper parts? .. I'd watch it for those although Hopper was shit in Land Of The Dead. Isn't Waterworld basically Max Max but on sea platforms?

Swifty

Reaction score
On the whole... but it probably gets better when he turns up.
Someone told me they were wondering where his character got his cigarettes from now that the world is flooded? .. that sort of thing can put me off a film ..

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Someone told me they were wondering where his character got his cigarettes from now that the world is flooded? .. that sort of thing can put me off a film ..
He had a shipload of cigarettes left over from the old days. Maybe they were carefully stored.

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
Do you mean the Dennis Hopper parts? .. I'd watch it for those although Hopper was shit in Land Of The Dead. Isn't Waterworld basically Max Max but on sea platforms?
He was great in Land of the Dead.

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Yes - so, quite enjoyable.
It was on the other day, watched a bit of it, reportedly the most expensive film ever made at the time due to the amount of divers they had to employ as part of their health and safety/insurance resposabilities

Last edited:

Lb8535

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Waterworld is a very good film if you can tolerate sci fi. (I know some otherwise nice people who can't and I have great sympathy.) Very imaginative, good futurism, good story and script, on the whole good to excellent acting, nice casting and superb production and effects, but way way way way too long, and this is because it was in fact a vanity project. It lost money in first run but made a bundle and continues to do so in international distribution and the afterlife (video etc.) If you ever get a chance to see the directors cut (even longer) do so.

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Waterworld is a very good film if you can tolerate sci fi. (I know some otherwise nice people who can't and I have great sympathy.) Very imaginative, good futurism, good story and script, on the whole good to excellent acting, nice casting and superb production and effects, but way way way way too long, and this is because it was in fact a vanity project. It lost money in first run but made a bundle and continues to do so in international distribution and the afterlife (video etc.) If you ever get a chance to see the directors cut (even longer) do so.
It wasnt that imaginative, it was Mad Max on water :p

Swifty

Reaction score
K .. thanks .. I know what I'll be dealing with now so will give it a go on those terms.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
It was on the other day, watched a bit of it, reportedly the most expensive film ever made at the time due to the amount of divers they had to employ as part of their health and safety/insurance resposabilities
Rebuilding the sets after a hurricane struck during filming, didn't help the budget.

Lb8535

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I re
K .. thanks .. I know what I'll be dealing with now so will give it a go on those terms.
I recommend but you do need a little patience. A few beers probably will help.