• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

I know there's a few photos of animal ghosts in the Fortean Picture Library including the one taken by an army officer in the 1920s showing his wife and their children, the older boy is holding a toy rabbit, but a ghostly kitten's head can be seen, such a heartbreaking story as the kitten was killed by a dog. However, I found a rare ghost dog photo online a few years ago, the site seemed to have disappeared, but I have rediscovered the photo recently.

It's only on one website and it's one of the best and clearest animal ghost photos I've seen. It was taken in the 60s and shows a boy holding a kitten with a truck behind them and the ghostly semi transparent image of a dog is seen in the window. The photo was taken by the boy's brother and the dog image wasn't noticed until years later. The website has a lot of information on ghost dogs and there's a more recent photo of a ghost dog under it. The website says "not secure" in the browser, so would it be safe to post?
I would think it's ok to post link. "Not secure" for websites mean that any information you post to the site is not secure, ie encrypted.

I know there's a few photos of animal ghosts in the Fortean Picture Library including the one taken by an army officer in the 1920s showing his wife and their children, the older boy is holding a toy rabbit, but a ghostly kitten's head can be seen, such a heartbreaking story as the kitten was killed by a dog. However, I found a rare ghost dog photo online a few years ago, the site seemed to have disappeared, but I have rediscovered the photo recently.

It's only on one website and it's one of the best and clearest animal ghost photos I've seen. It was taken in the 60s and shows a boy holding a kitten with a truck behind them and the ghostly semi transparent image of a dog is seen in the window. The photo was taken by the boy's brother and the dog image wasn't noticed until years later. The website has a lot of information on ghost dogs and there's a more recent photo of a ghost dog under it. The website says "not secure" in the browser, so would it be safe to post?
Oooo, post away! I want to see it

The head is rather large compared to the window. There's likely to be a window in the back of the cab of the truck and it may be something seen through that.

I've resized the picture below. The black spot on the "dog"'s right eye is in the right place to be a mirror on a 1950s Chevy 3100 or similar.

resized.jpg

Last edited:
The head is rather large compared to the window. There's likely to be a window in the back of the cab of the truck and it may be something seen through that.

I've resized the picture below. The black spot on the "dog"'s right eye is in the right place to be a mirror on a 1950s Chevy 3100 or similar.

View attachment 75243
I also think it is a trick of the light and that the "dog" is actually whatever was in the background seen through the rear window. Part of what is tricking us also is the mirror placement which at first glance, does give us the impression of an eye which then predisposes us to search for a face of some kind.

Enlarging the photo still maintains the boy's features, but the dog image really falls apart.

I believe this is what we are actually seeing?
1712063244922.png

More importantly what does the cryptic message UNDER 2000 CROSS mean & is the kid just about to shoot the photographer?

View attachment 75283
Even MORE importantly - is there any record of the family ever having owned a dog that looked like this? Or a dog at all? Or are we to suppose that random dogs are liable to manifest in random vehicles?

And I agree that it looks like a dog (albeit absolutely bloody enormous, much bigger than I think any dog breed could look at that distance, if you compare the size of the head to the window) in a small version of the photo, but enlarging it makes it disappear into pareidolia. I would disbelieve it for the reason that the 'kitten' is almost unseeable, and yet the dog? Clear as day...

Even MORE importantly - is there any record of the family ever having owned a dog that looked like this? Or a dog at all? Or are we to suppose that random dogs are liable to manifest in random vehicles?

And I agree that it looks like a dog (albeit absolutely bloody enormous, much bigger than I think any dog breed could look at that distance, if you compare the size of the head to the window) in a small version of the photo, but enlarging it makes it disappear into pareidolia. I would disbelieve it for the reason that the 'kitten' is almost unseeable, and yet the dog? Clear as day...
If you go to the link @Matt7924 provides in this post: https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/miscellaneous-ghost-photos-videos.1328/post-2336362
The story that goes with the photo is there.

The website says that part
I tried. I truly tried. But that site is AWFUL.

The account says the family didn't have a dog at the time and the only dogs they had when the kids were growing up were fawn coloured boxers, but the person their parents bought the van from had a large dog that was an old English Sheepdog type. I wondered what the inscription on the van meant as well

I can't believe it's not butter that I thought it was a (ghost) dog!

When I was a young'n, any commercial vehicle had painted on its side, the tare and net weight of the vehicle - empty and loaded. This is a half ton utility vehicle so 2,000 lbs full loaded?

That's why he believed the dog image was a ghost, it's interesting to think it might only have been pareidolia and I know this is an explanation for other supposed ghost images

Then Pareidolia is about all faces, rather than just human faces..?

Staying on the subject of ghosts in vehicles, this photo is fairly rare and although it's in Richard Kelly and Robert Rickard's Photographs of the Unknown I haven't seen it anywhere else. It was taken in 1979 by a London medium called Gladys Hayter, not long before the book was written and it shows her daughter in her car who was alone. However, it also shows an unknown girl aged about 11 in the back looking very solid. It's a creepy image that reminds me of the classic Mabel Chinery photo that showed the ghost of her mother in the back of the car

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    599.1 KB · Views: 81
Staying on the subject of ghosts in vehicles, this photo is fairly rare and although it's in Richard Kelly and Robert Rickard's Photographs of the Unknown I haven't seen it anywhere else. It was taken in 1979 by a London medium called Gladys Hayter, not long before the book was written and it shows her daughter in her car who was alone. However, it also shows an unknown girl aged about 11 in the back looking very solid. It's a creepy image that reminds me of the classic Mabel Chinery photo that showed the ghost of her mother in the back of the car
Whatever it is, it looks like it's smiling.

Back