• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Mama_Kitty

Suggestions About Re-Organisation: Move & Merge Requests

Why be a follower when you can LEAD MAGNIFICENTLY.
  2. Mama_Kitty

Free Romany Gypsy Card-Reading

It's so awesome here, thank you for asking! Obviously America isn't perfect yet, but I've only been here 4 years, I need a little longer.
  3. Mama_Kitty

Free Romany Gypsy Card-Reading

Stu! I'm so happy that nothing at all has changed in the decade since I was here regularly. You are a very very rare breed to submit to this special brand of Dantés Groundhog Day for so long. :clap:
  4. Mama_Kitty

Russell Brand: From Comic To Icke-Esque Conspiracist & Possible Abuser?

I do'nt like to judge her based on her profession either, but whereas he merely mentioned that they'd done the deed, she was the one who sold every detail of their encounter to the tabloids. If there's one winner in this situation, it's fairly clear who she is...
  5. Mama_Kitty

Uncon 2009 - the "official" suggestions thread

All of the above, with cheap food and cheap drink. I think screenings of cult films and TV series sound good, I'll never get around to watching these sorts of things otherwise and it sounds fun to catch up on these things with fellow forteans.
  6. Mama_Kitty

UnCon 08

I loved the venue, very convenient but my favourite part was the price! Lunch was awesome, hardly posh nosh, but filled a hole and had a price tag to match, unlike 2002 with a tea-and-biscuit bar which charged wine-bar prices. Plus it wasn't vegan, and there's nothing wrong with vegan food, but...
  7. Mama_Kitty

UnCon 08

Timble2! *pinched for my Facebook collection*
  8. Mama_Kitty

UnCon 08

Yesterday was FABULOUS! Best talk ever was Jon Downes on the chupacabra.
  9. Mama_Kitty

UnCon 08

I'm so excited!!! And if anyone else drops out, I have prepared a fascinating talk on breastfeeding. It's bound to have some sort of fortean relevance, everything does, doesn't it?!
  10. Mama_Kitty

The F Scale

I thought this thread was about an extension of the theory of The Brown Note that I saw in a documentary.
  11. Mama_Kitty

What Were YOUR Erroneous Childhood Beliefs?

Mythbusters looked into that one, they decided that it wasn't possible to get enough suction, even there was an airtight seal between cheek and lid. Must be a fairly common belief! Here's a Wikipedia entry about it.
  12. Mama_Kitty

What Were YOUR Erroneous Childhood Beliefs?

That reminds me, I thought that They could tell what programme you were watching, and that's how they got viewing figures. I would never watch 'trashy' TV in case people thought it was more popular than documentaries and stopped making nature programmes, so that's all I watched up until I was...
  13. Mama_Kitty

FT208

Got mine today! Woo hoo! Saw David Attenborough on the cover, it's the first time I've torn it open and read it as soon as it hit the mat! And I've already bagged myself a copy of Attenborough's Fabulous Animals books from eBay! Smug? Moi? Hell yep! I haven't read anything else yet, I'm...
  14. Mama_Kitty

The Worst Tarot Deck In The World

This is the deck I use Embedded link is dead. The MIA webpage can be accessed via the Wayback Machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20060221092919/https://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/hello-kitty/ Kind of a 'my first tarot'. Plus I liked it that I had to colour it all in myself so I got to...
  15. Mama_Kitty

Shape-Shifters: Members Who've Changed Names / IDs

I've just managed to log in again, despite emails requesting that my account be reactivated... Not sure how I managed it, tried to log in a million different ways and then it just worked! So here I am again. Not that anyone aside from a select few will remember who I am. I was...
  16. Mama_Kitty

Tarot Cards: Using Them For Divination, Gaming, Etc.

Just to lighten the mood, my current deck is the Hello Kitty Tarot and I adore it. I spent months colouring in all the cards and them laminating them, so although I did buy it or myself, I've put a lot of myself into them. Here's a review: http://www.themysticeye.com/reviews/hellokitty.htm
  17. Mama_Kitty

FT198

I don't have a milkman (or woman) but my FT turns up at a different time to the rest of my post and has a sticker on it saying 'Express' in a blue font which reminds me of some milk-delivery company-type thing, if that makes any sense.
  18. Mama_Kitty

Womb spirits

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/5305-j ... ound.html# OMG! A Fortean story that I don't *think* has been posted already! Woo hoo! Jesus Spotted in Ultrasound (From WTVG-ABC TOLEDO, OHIO), May 3, 2005 — Mother's Day is less than a week away and one Toledo mother has a special and...
  19. Mama_Kitty

subscriptions gifts, that you would want??

Is there any chance that regular, beloved subscribers by direct debit might get some sort of reward? I've been subscribed for nearly 10 years and all I've got is a mug . . . I do love the mug though, 'cept maybe it could be bigger to hold a decent pint of tea? That's a pathetic suggestion...
  20. Mama_Kitty

Creative industrial sabotage by bored employees

Found this on Snopes: http://www.snopes.com/autos/grace/rattle.asp They've put it as unproven, but from the anecdotal tales here, I'd say it's entirely plausible! I'll have another rummage and see if I can find any more!
  21. Mama_Kitty

'Pagan' book recommendations

Drawing Down the Moon is a good one, by Margot Adler, not too fluffy and gives a lot of history and is a good overview of lots of traditions and paths rather than emphasising one. Pagan Pathways edited by Graham Harvey and Charlotte Hardman is a good collection of essays on different topics...
  22. Mama_Kitty

Creative industrial sabotage by bored employees

My Dad has been telling this story for years: Apparently his uncle bought a new car and kept noticing a rattling sound from time to time. It got really irritating and after taking it to various mechanics, nothing was found which caused the problem, and more importantly, nothing fixed it. This...
  23. Mama_Kitty

There's a creepy face in my bathtub soap scum!

Ye gads, Ogo, what the heck were you washing to get soap scum that colour? Satan?
  24. Mama_Kitty

Douglas Adams & The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

Craig Charles does, I saw him live a few years ago!
  25. Mama_Kitty

Douglas Adams & The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

Adams did have quite a lot of say in it, didn't he? I know he did a heck of a lot of work on the film, although I don't know how much of it they were obliged to keep. Personally I'd welcome a little change, re-reading the books/listening to the radio play makes it all seem terribly dated in...
  26. Mama_Kitty

Weird Psychological Thing Re: Big/Small

Title is something like 'Strange Feelings about Big vs Small'. I had a similar thing when I was younger, to do with small things getting big with a whoosh as I was trying to sleep, really horrible in a very strange and unexplainable way.
  27. Mama_Kitty

April Fools' Day

Hubbles's colleague left his phone on his desk overnight on the 1st. This is what happened. He's on call tonight and still hasn't got it back! And yes, the people in the photos are random strangers and the office is in London, so nobody's sure where the beach comes into this!
  28. Mama_Kitty

Bizarre Auctions

Here's the link to the above auction, interestingly the news article failed to add this clarifying text: "ps:/ This auction is a pi$$ take (in case you didnt realise!), so no flaming from you whiners who will state the obvious and say 'don’t sell tickets on eBay' yaa dee yaaa!"
  29. Mama_Kitty

Batteries

I don't think it involves telephone boxes, not directly anyway. I'll PM you 'scarg . . .
  30. Mama_Kitty

Pregnancy / Contraception / Birth Control: Fact vs. Fiction

I was always told you get a hamper from M&S if your waters break there. Mine broke at the hospital and I got a baby, if that counts.
  31. Mama_Kitty

Easter: Origin of the Name and Associated Symbols

It tends to be referred to as Ostara by 'modern' Pagans nowadays, and all Pagan fire festivals are related to moon phases etc rather than specific dates. There are four fire festivals: Yule, on the Winter solstice, around the 21st/22nd December; Ostara, Spring equinox, around 21st/22nd March...
  32. Mama_Kitty

Threadfinder General: Lost Threads Located

A thread-finder thread! I don't know if there is one already, I can't find it if there is. Okay, first up, where is the thread discussing simulacra in sonogram photos of babies? Someone posted it within the last couple of weeks, possibly a month, and was talking about images of relatives...
  33. Mama_Kitty

Gathering Of Cats

It could have been an affection thing, not that they didn't mistreat him, but they were the only family he knew, apart from you. But kittens use that motion when they're feeding to stimulate their mother's milk. Often if you wear a nice woolly jumper an affectionate cat will pummel you for a...
  34. Mama_Kitty

Planned Obsolescence in Modern Products

My biology teacher always used to tell us that the cleaning components of biological washing powder is renewable (enzymes, I think), hence it could be put into plastic beads, for example, and inserted in the washing machine and you would never need washing powder. Don't know about non-bio though!
  35. Mama_Kitty

Gathering Of Cats

Anyone read Felidae by Akif Pirinçci? They're just holding a council meeting to discuss the latest goings on to affect their territories.[/code]
  36. Mama_Kitty

Quitters: Members Who've Left The Forum

Bye Beak! You'll be missed, but don't get too caught up IRL or you might never return. We've all heard the stories of RL obsessions which get out of hand, people are found slumped over IRL, having never seen a PC or a darkened room for weeks . . .
  37. Mama_Kitty

Bizarre Auctions

That is so scary! But I don't think it's true, it's far too good a story! Not to mention that the 'priest's' hand in relation to the camera looks more like his own hand, from that angle.
  38. Mama_Kitty

Batteries

I could PM you, it involves Box Office movies. I'm far too nervous to try it now we know it works though!
  39. Mama_Kitty

Batteries

I know something else about batteries which Hubbles discovered on eBay. It involves Sky, but I'd rather not say any more! What does it take for a battery to become dangerous? Like binning it, would it explode if it was in a rubbish tip? Is it a time thing or would it only happen on a hot day...
  40. Mama_Kitty

Nice anime-style one: http://avatarcreator.shoutpad.com/
  41. Mama_Kitty

Batteries

I was talking to Hubbles and we both realised we're under the impression that you can't throw batteries in the bin with normal household rubbish, hence we have a heck of a lot of batteries all over the house and can never be sure whether any of them work. Is this true? If you can't throw them...
  42. Mama_Kitty

Sorry Emps, this had to be done, seeing as you were trying to mislead us all with that fake Emo page of yours . . . For all those jealous of Emps's frightening avatar, behold! We are now all free to freak each other out. Beware: all the eyes are spooky, there are no exceptions, so it's not...
  43. Mama_Kitty

British Telecom

I can see the front and the back of the house from the kitchen, so nothing, apart from some wood pigeons :shock: Hmmm, I complained about their random parking, how they blocked people in their parking spaces (we don't have driveways, just a row of parking bays) and parked across several...
  44. Mama_Kitty

British Telecom

Well I phoned BT, and the vans were gone the next day! They wouldn't tell me what work was going on, if any, only the status of my own phone line. But on Saturday evening there was a very suspicious young man, about 35ish? Wearing jeans and a shirt, driving a posh car. He pulled up outsid...
  45. Mama_Kitty

Breastfeeding, Nestlé & How 1.5 million Babies Die Each Year

How does that relate to breastfeeding? Are you saying that's a traditional thing which will be replaced by cutting-edge medicine? I don't think people would necessarily use it if they 'knew' it would make their children ill, but if you have a lot of professional looking people, doctors and...
  46. Mama_Kitty

Bizarre Auctions

Not sure if it's the same one, but here's a sub-bed monster for sale: thisaways
  47. Mama_Kitty

Bizarre Auctions

Someone is selling a pot noodle containing the banned food additive, sudan 1! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 96617&rd=1
  48. Mama_Kitty

What type of brain do you have?

EQ=55 SQ=16 :oops: I'm just about an extreme type E! ALthuogh it says that the extreme fmeale brain has yet to be discovered, am I the first?! To be stereotypical, I would have though that many women struggled with systems but had a highly developed sense of empathy. Unless I've totally...
  49. Mama_Kitty

Breastfeeding, Nestlé & How 1.5 million Babies Die Each Year

I don't know if any of you have heard about the issues revolving around Nestlé's aggressive marketing of their formula, particularly in the third world, but I find the whole thing deeply suspicious. From http://www.ibfan.org/english/issue/overview01.html I was talking to my Hubby about...
  50. Mama_Kitty

British Telecom

I knew I should have looked in a mirror and brushed my hair at some point this week, there are probably a hundred websites devoted to my hairy pits already. Anyone still got their lunch where it belongs? I don't think they are spying, they look like they're really busy today, hanging down...
Back