• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. L

Monetary Prizes Offered for Proof of the Paranormal

I was looking into this actual quote last week. if you delve deep enough you will find that what Randi claims he said is basically "I always have an out; IM RIGHT". So he feels the reason he won't have to cough up is not because of anything but the fact he is confident about his understanding...
  2. L

This is an excellent point, and one that I rather embarassingly had not yet hit on myself. It seems blindingly obvious. That said, if done right, surely a pro paranormal organisation could offer a prize if it ensured it used just as stringent scientific principles as the debunking organisation...
  3. L

Hey all, a quick call out for some comments/assistance. I've been doing some research into prizes that are out there for evidence of the paranormal. It's actually back ground work for an ongoing piece I'm writing on the Paranormal Camping website (first part here if interested...
  4. L

Sasquatch Map Of The U.S.

@kamalktk: Regarding your comment about NYC, I totally agree. If you read my (somewhat relaxed!) review on this piece then you'll see I echo your thoughts. However, after speaking to a statistical mathematician (admitedly a friend of mine) who works with National Health Service data I have...
  5. L

Sasquatch Map Of The U.S.

Through some research I was doing for Paranormal Camping I stumbled on an interesting map that has been put together by cartographer Joshua Stevens. I won't explain anymore about it here but rather let you either read my news post about it (which contains all the links etc)...
  6. L

Ghost Adventures (TV Show)

I also have seen Ghost Adventures and really enjoyed it. I did go through a period of watching Most Haunted a few years ago after a mate leant me a season box set, but I struggled with it, it was all a bit samey and I didnt feel there was anything serious about it. At least Ghost Adventures...
  7. L

When It Happend, It Happend

Since this thread isn't locked....Goats feature in the Voynich Manuscript, I even mentioned it here http://www.paranormalcamping.com/1/post ... ealed.html This is surely a sign that the Devil himself had a hand in the VM? Proof! Now, cmon, lock the thread coz I've resolved TWO mysteries....
  8. L

Agreed. Perhaps a mod can lock this thread now that it's been resolved?
  9. L

Yes, the goat may have associated himself too close to the king of evil BUT he did facilitate the modern day middle class salad cheese. Its a difficult call.
  10. L

Yes, the goat may have associated himself too close to the king of evil BUT he did facilitate the modern day middle class salad cheese. Its a difficult call.
  11. L

He's right though. They do have weird eyes. But then on the other hand they do offer a healthy alternative to cows milk. Life is so confusing...
  12. L

UFO Reports By Astronauts (General / Compendium Thread)

As Skinny has mentioned, the Apollo 11 mission had an interesting sighting. I wasn't familiar with it so did a small amount of digging. There's a piece on it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlkV1ybBnHI Aldrin and the crew also thought it was a stage of the launcher, but when Aldrin...
  13. L

That's fine. But I don't just think of myself and the way I'm treated personally. I try to think of others and the reception they receive. Acting in a gracious way to one but then being harsh on others is unfair. Enough. Back on topic. The fact that the initial piece linked too is both...
  14. L

Yeh, I think Feinman is probably gone, and I don't blame him. that's why I lost my cool with Skinny. But Pietro is annoyingly right. Even before I childishly said Skinny was up his own arse I kinda knew it was pointless. Better to just ignore or report. What's most annoying is that...
  15. L

Ghost-Hunting & Paranormal Investigation Groups

I totally understand why people attend these paid-for events; it's laid on a plate. You get access to supposedly haunted or "active" locations. You often get access to equipment that you might not have your self (ouija boards, electronic equpiment, IR/UV cameras etc). But personally I think...
  16. L

Loving the "witless internet saps" comment. This guy is comedy gold. Feinman was (and hopefully still is) a genuine and enthusiastic poster on these boards. Skinny might have been somehow offended by the quality of the material that he was linking to, but if Skinny is more of an expert on...
  17. L

Woking's Alien Invasion

Hi TheMany. Enjoyed your blog post. I read War of the Worlds for the first time last year without knowing much about it. To find out it was set in the Woking area was at first surprising and then later quite refreshing. It's a book that blew me away some what and I also have thought about...
  18. L

Heavens above: a global globe paradox?

God knows what it was. In truth I am struggling from your description to picture it in my mind. Would a drawing help? As for Hale-Bopp, at the time I was working nights in a restaurant and used to drive 10 miles home through dark countryside. HB totally was a beacon and was quite...
  19. L

The Voynich Manuscript

Smart arse :D
  20. L

A Scarily Long Flash Of Light At Night: Ever Experienced One?

I think the meteorite suggestion is plausible. I myself have witnessed one that one lit up the countryside around me in quite an unexpected way. Admitedly not to the extent that Ermintrude describes. That recent big Russian one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90Omh7_I8vI certainly had a...
  21. L

Strange visitor, BEK (Black Eyed Kid)?

Yes, thanks for clarifying that. I had to google it too! Crazy story though. Hope it all works out ok.
  22. L

Nellis UFO footage

This footage has been around for long enough for someone to debunk it or run analysis on it and prove it fake. but I'm finding no indication at all from any source that it's anything but genuine. Anyone else found any further reading on it?
  23. L

My First Séance

gattino: Thanks for taking the time to respond. For years I was tempted to sign up to such an event. In the end my mate and I started Paranormal Camping instead and did it ourselves. We both have a similar scepticism which I think is favourable to a genuine analysis of what happens.
  24. L

My First Séance

Good post gattino. Couple of strange questions for you. Did you enjoy the event? Was it worth the money? Did you ever get the feeling that it was fixed or led in any way? My mate and I are about to start experimenting with certain divination methods. Ouija boards will be our first...
  25. L

Nellis UFO footage

That really is odd. When it gets closer it looks like a fairly complex shape. There's some more stuff about this and a video of a conference where a Lockheed contractor talks about a night time sighting at Nellis here http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/fo ... pic=235856
  26. L

Rendlesham Forest Incident

More than interesting, found it fascinating. Interestingly there seems to be a number of such incidences in Japanese folklore and religion. Funny how sea borne type UFO's are such a rarity in the rest of the world.
  27. L

The South Shields Poltergeist

I'm looking into various Poltergeist cases at the moment and bumped into this story. Low and behold there was a FT thread all about it (i.e. this one). Thought I'd give it a quick *bump* and ask if anyone knows if the documentary was ever made?
  28. L

Rendlesham Forest Incident

I'd not heard of the Utsuro-bune incident before so thanks for bringing it to my attention. Really interesting stuff...
  29. L

The Frozen House On Lodge Road

My mum says the oldest part was 17 something but admits she's guessing. The funny shaped first floor extension was built by them in 1985 but its had a few face lifts since then judging from street view.
  30. L

@iamSunDog: this might surprise you but I think you and I might be more in agreement than you think. Firstly; this does probably need its own thread. And secondly; there are things that I too cannot seem to explain which do seem to be very real world and not merely figments of our minds. The...
  31. L

Oh, and 1 more thing (Columbo style). I'm largely a sceptic. I don't want to be a sceptic, I started www.paranormalcamping.com with a mate to make an effort to find out a bit more about what's what. All we've discovered so far is that most paranormal activity occurs in people's heads. I...
  32. L

@PeniG: You are probably correct in that a paper trail would exist of some sort. However, my own house was built in the 1920s and part of it collapsed in the 60s. There's no paper trail of that incident or the subsequent rebuild, but a neighbour has photos showing the partial rebuild. Over...
  33. L

A couple of side notes. My Dad actually did return the next day with the plumber AND a camera. He wanted to have some documentation of the extent of the damage before the plumber did anything. Since the house purchase hinged on some of the damage issues and how serious they were he thought it...
  34. L

Lol. To be honest I remember the house fairly well (we were there for a number of years) but I have no recollection of the ice incident, I was too young I guess.
  35. L

In an effort to keep the description to as few words as possible (I'm not a huge fan of lengthy, flowery descriptions) I maybe didn't make a few things clear, my fault. Let me address Escargot's points in order: Would you mind if I ask if you'd explain again exactly who went to the 'frozen'...
  36. L

My Dad struggles with this episode on many levels, and this is one of them. Why didn't anyone walk into the house and notice a huge temperature difference? apparently my mother made some comment at the time like "I'm really not dressed for this." It's an oddity, but that kind of dream like...
  37. L

Nope. My Dad worked for a building society called the Halifax. They also had estate agencies at the time and the house was being sold through one of them. Thus he was allowed to do his viewings on the house and when his offer was accepted he asked if he could use the keys to get access for a...
  38. L

Yup. And hadn't been cold. The whole thing affected by Dad so much he's been pretty much silent about it to this day.
  39. L

It's an individual detached house on a country lane. Also, they had the Estate Agent's keys and had to let themselves in on both occaisions. So unless it's a combination of same key/lock + wrong house then...well it seems unlikely. Oh screw it, here's the house...
  40. L

Not so much "happened to me" as "happened to my Dad." Which is even weirder since the guy is as straight thinking as they come, atheist and logic obsessive previous Bank Manager. This story, to my utter delight, was first hinted at over the Christmas dinner. My Dad was scoffing at my website...
  41. L

06-02-2012

I got all excited when over 400 people turned up to my website www.paranormalcamping.com It was immediately after I'd tweeted out a news story posted on the site and I convinced myself it was real people flooding in to read my review of pop up tents...sadly it was friggin bots and spiders...
  42. L

Cicada 3301: The Internet Code-Breaking Mystery

Really interesting stuff though. Someone's gone to some decent lengths to put a challenge out there...
  43. L

The Box Of Crazy

@james: The Voynich manuscript did spring to my mind too. Thanks for the further info you linked to. Will read.
  44. L

The Box Of Crazy

Saw this posted on Reddit http://imgur.com/a/uCSg1 Definitely fortean enough for a post here. The posted states: So a friend of mine found this box by the trash, it is full of wonderful, crazy illustrations. Clearly something happened to this guy that was very memorable. It measures roughly...
  45. L

Psychic Psychologist

@Jameswhitehead: Well, the website was mentioned by me during a session about stuff I do out of work. It's only in it's infancy and actually contains remarkably little about me. What's more likely is my facebook page has given her some background. But trust me, the event in my life she...
  46. L

Psychic Psychologist

Thought some people might find this interesting. I work for a consultancy in the UK. As part of our offering to clients we struck up a relationship with a private, London based Pyschology practice. The principle being that certain companies like to have a raft of services they can offer...
  47. L

Missing Book!

Good old eBay have several copies going for three quid delivered. C'est une bargain marche.
  48. L

Missing Book!

Ok, so Rynner gets 1000 points. In the thread (linked to above by Rynner) OldRover talks about the book "The Uninvited" (by a guy called Clive Harold it appears), which relates to the Coombs families experiences in the late 70s. That's definitely the book. Didn't truly think I'd find it, but...
  49. L

Strange Light/Object on a Mountain in the Himalayas (photo)

Have you already cropped this image? I ask because I can't work out if it is noisy or grainy! Interested story though. I'm guessing a bird is out of the question?
  50. L

Missing Book!

I'm kinda cheating here because, although a book of mine has genuinely gone missing, there is little reason to believe anything paranormal is to blame. My purpose for this post is to locate another copy, the problem being that I cannot remember much about the book, it's title or author. So I...
Back