• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. A

Joanne Lees

kirmildew wrote: Yes, it did. What also stank was the fact that trackers discovered the body of a second murdered man, an alleged 'tourist' also, not far from where someone (later claimed to be Murdoch) allegedly killed Falconio. The Australian media only briefly mentioned the second...
  2. A

Hiding Under The Covers

Timble2 wrote: Timble, once again you've launched into unsolicited personal criticism and have succeeded in appearing bitter and unpleasant. You are clearly attempting to provoke, lol, despite my pleasant responses following your personal attacks in a separate thread. Is it that you...
  3. A

Old Lady

rynner wrote: Nnnnnnnnnnnnn ... fluttery nerves, cold feet, feeling vulnerable about the shoulders now ...... This is it, isn't it? How do we knowwwwww ? We don't. Just have to trust. My father, elderly and obviously a bit depressed, sounded apprehensive regarding death; was still...
  4. A

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Re: handwriting, I might have posted this before too, but never mind. We'd completed stocktake during a frantic weekend; thousands of individual item batches. After the weekend, someone came up to me with a completed form that had got lost in something. They recognised my handwriting and...
  5. A

Old Lady

OldTimeRadio wrote: Now you see, I believe accounts such as this. Haven't ever witnessed or experienced the situation, but what I have experienced and more importantly heard from others and read about, all persuades in this direction and whenever possible, I've strongly suggested to those...
  6. A

Old Lady

OldTimeRadio wrote: Agree, OTR, I suspect the 'pure evil' perceived as being the old woman's face may in fact have been the tortured face of an old woman who was being tormented and terrified by something akin to evil. God help her indeed and all in her condition.
  7. A

Old Lady

Frobush wrote: Quite similar to something confided to me by a 70-something neighbour in Australia, who said that a day or so before he died, her husband had seen and spoken to his mother, who had died many years before, in England. She said that as his family helped him from the...
  8. A

Old Lady

Marslight wrote: Now that scares me.
  9. A

Old Lady

Mossy_Sloth wrote: How chilling. How horrifying, to be inside that old woman's mind, to be alone, in terror, whilst surrounded by people and the usual clatter and chatter. Like being in a waking-nightmare, unable to get out. I wonder if she was seeing the little people common to...
  10. A

Old Lady

Creamstick1 wrote: Now that, for me, is horror.
  11. A

Hiding Under The Covers

We may ask 'what is beauty' in the same way as 'what is evil'. Is evil, like beauty, defined in/by the eye of the beholder? In earlier posts, I've tried to illustrate that it's perfectly possible to become desensitised to human type monsters and at the same time, perhaps, come to understand...
  12. A

Hiding Under The Covers

In addition to ordinary human violence/terror displays, I've experienced some paranormal/supernatural events; not an enormous number by any means. I've never tallied them up, but it's sort of interesting the way most of them have been different, rather like being given a Whitman's sampler box...
  13. A

Hiding Under The Covers

Dingo wrote: Humans can be very adaptable and get used to the most shocking experiences if encountered often enough. Dingo, I'd describe myself as someone who is adaptable; who learned the necessity to adapt to widely ranging circumstances from early childhood on, in common with...
  14. A

Hiding Under The Covers

Was just about to depart again, Pietro, when I saw your last post. I understand what you're saying and much of it is sound, as far as it goes. But there's more I'm sorry to say, imo. An example: When I was 12 or 13 years old, I entered a kitchen to find 'Jane' stirring something at...
  15. A

Hiding Under The Covers

Then returned, 3/4 of hour later because once I rose from my numb bottom and started moving, the blood was able to circulate and something in one of OldTimeRadio's posts occurred to me. It concerned the police radio-operator who was discovered hiding beneath his desk after a visit from the...
  16. A

Hiding Under The Covers

OldTimeRadio wrote: Timble2 wrote: in swift and accurate response to: again6 nods in acknowledgement of benefits to be gained from clear thinking, well-rested brains and is now heading towards room containing seldom used bed (will try to leave feet exposed to see what happens).
  17. A

Hiding Under The Covers

OldTimeRadio wrote: Thank you OldTimeRadio, you're a mine of fascinating information. How does one person accumulate, analyse, organise and file so much in one lifetime? Inspirational. I began staying up ridiculously and increasingly late some years ago, in order to stun myself to the...
  18. A

Hiding Under The Covers

Pietro_Mercurios wrote: Yep. Some people (myself included) post their experiences, I think, principally in order they might provide some unknown soul, now or five years into the future, with a bit of reassurance and to let them know they aren't alone and that someone, even if far distant...
  19. A

Hiding Under The Covers

Techhybloke666, I think this is the shortcut to the Little People post: http://tinyurl.com/mslm2
  20. A

Hiding Under The Covers

Techhybloke666 wrote: After reading your post and learning that you remain extremely comfortable in the dark, a natural response would be to say that you must possess a remarkably calm and positive disposition. In reality though, there's little can be done about experiences such as you...
  21. A

Hiding Under The Covers

Pietros_Mercurios wrote: Absolutely no need, Pietros, although your follow-up is appreciated :-) Sometimes, people feel the need to clarify a matter for the sake of those who choose (possibly through lack of confidence) to read without comment. For instance a worried parent may log into...
  22. A

Old Lady

Tattooted's post pretty much sums up my attitudes; a sort of ignorance-is-bliss hopefulness. Keep walking, keep humming, look for an exit, follow the sun, don't look, don't acknowledge. Past few years have been lovely and virtually incident free. I'm hoping I've grown out of it and long may...
  23. A

Hiding Under The Covers

Techybloke wrote: That's a really nice sentiment, Techybloke666 :-) My mother was very similar to you -- virtually fearless when it came to the dark and dark places. Actually, I think issues become greatly magnified when they're the focus of discussion, as in this thread. I'm...
  24. A

Hiding Under The Covers

Apologies for consecutive postings here, but I'm on the underside of the planet and so am awake whilst many of you are sleeping, followed by the reverse. Have to post when opportunities present themselves in this part of the world. OldTimeRadio wrote: You just keep coming up with these...
  25. A

Hiding Under The Covers

min_bannister wrote: That's what I'm wondering too, min_bannister; if it's some form of what is termed 'race memory' or similar. Another thing that's occurred to me is the possibility that the soles of the feet may be one of the sites claimed as 'departure point' for our spirit after we...
  26. A

Hiding Under The Covers

Timble2 wrote: There must be many (myself included most certainly) who envy you. I sometimes try to tough it out, lol, but rarely succeed. For instance, if I semi-recline, with a book, with the lights on, in hot weather, I can tolerate fully exposed feet but I find they seek each other for...
  27. A

Hiding Under The Covers

OldTimeRadio wrote: Thank you, OldTimeRadio --- all a long time ago and I'm confident you immediately grasped that my reason for including such snippits in that post were for the purpose of illustrating that I had experienced a number of reasonably terrifying experiences prior to the little...
  28. A

Hiding Under The Covers

Pietro_Mercurios wrote: I'm sure you offer this advice as kindly reassurance. However, from earliest childhood, I experienced events which really did rack up on the nasty, hair raising and threatening front; a small sample of which are contained in one of my earlier posts. These were real...
  29. A

Hiding Under The Covers

Cult_of_Mana wrote: I couldn't say, Cult_of_Mana. One of my children, a twin, was a breech birth and I know she wraps her feet securely in preparation for sleep. Although she invariably tosses virtually all her bed-covers off once asleep, lol, particularly in summer. My suggestion...
  30. A

Hiding Under The Covers

MercuryCrest wrote: Yes, that describes it perfectly. And, as OldTimeRadio's advised, the fear and subsequent need to coocoon the feet doesn't diminish with increasing age. There has to be a reason so many people fear their feet being 'grabbed'. I'm reasonably confident that most...
  31. A

Hiding Under The Covers

OldTimeRadio wrote: and: That officer spent several days in a the mental unit of a local hospital before his terror lessened enough to release him. Absurdly, OldTimeRadio, this information provides me reassurance. As a seven year old, I was compelled to stand by as someone...
  32. A

Hiding Under The Covers

OldTimeRadio wrote: I'm not familiar with the term: 'adrenaline freezes', OldTimeRadio. I'm curious. Would you describe these, please?
  33. A

Distance viewing something scary

Ah --- I neglected to ASK !!! WHERE is the self-righteous clique's defence of poor DINGO ? Where ? Lead me to it, because I haven't seen it. Where are those decrying lizard's childish, vindictive, jealous and twisted rant again Dingo and Dingo's experiences, etc ?? Gee, people...
  34. A

Ah well, as they say: 'Give them an inch ...' Timble, as usual, has grasped the wrong end of the stick entirely, in her haste to lambast me, lol. Read it all again Timble, please, and when you get to the section where I was defending Tilly against the nonsense posted as 'scepticism' by...
  35. A

Hiding Under The Covers

OldTimeRadio wrote: Interestingly, I never do this "out in public," or even when I'm alone, but only in the company of old and good friends That is interesting ! Do you have any theories as to why this is so? At least you're more fortunate than I, anyway, lol. I usually manage to...
  36. A

Hiding Under The Covers

OldTimeRadio: Thank you OldTimeRadio. I was browsing the forums a week or more ago, perusing topics of particular interest and came across a thread entitled: 'House Demons' (I think it's in IHTM) in which Stanforda had posted a link to an experience I posted a few years ago (here in...
  37. A

LOL ! :-) LOL ! Oh, my brain hurts, thanks to Sallywaffle and Stormcan's convoluted hair-splitting, lol. Honestly, I'm aching from laughter ! Oh, thank you, lol. And to think they say Fortean is a burnt-out waste-land ! NO ! I say. NO --- Fortean is still a force in...
  38. A

Hiding Under The Covers

again6 wrote: OldTimeRadio I was prompted to ask after submitting the post about the woman in the carriage. Her younger son was around toddler-age; 14 to 18 months old I would guess. Despite his distress re: the incidents, he may not remember them when grown. If accounts of hypnotism are...
  39. A

Hiding Under The Covers

OldTimeRadio asked: I can't say, unfortunately. I don't think the woman in question mentioned it. From the sound of it, her carriage was in reasonably close proximity to the disused railway line because there were unoccupied carriages nearby. Her husband had apparently scavenged from...
  40. A

Uh huh. Fine. But 'whoa there' what? The original poster, Tilly, was quite sure of the reality of her experience. She'd experienced many similar. Subsequent posters were convinced of the reality of Tilly's experience and of their own in similar vein. The discussion concerned...
  41. A

I'm glad you were able to get the hissy-fit out of your system, Lizard :-) Now that's out of the way, why not come back and leave all those preconceived opinions etc. at the door. You're here in a Forteana forum. Yet when you come across people discussing their individual items of...
  42. A

As Dingo said, most people don't seek these experiences. Very often they're spontaneous -- troubling -- unwanted. The movies often portray psychics as exotic, charismatic, dramatic, etc. But in the real world, psychics are often extremely ordinary. They don't refer to themselves as...
  43. A

Lizard said: . You may not have much problem in saying it, as long as you remember to restrict your 99% figure to your own nightmares and experiences. You said: Once again a generalisation that has as its basis your own unpleasant visions. What applies to you is not necessarily true of...
  44. A

Sorry that you lost friends, Tilly. It's happened to me too. Sad, but never mind -- we make new ones, don't we. And your husband sounds lovely. Years ago, when young, I shared a house with my boyfriend's two sisters. To be honest, I didn't get my feelings hurt when they had locks...
  45. A

Hiding Under The Covers

I realised it was a typo, OldTimeRadio :-) Getting back to your childhood fears of Hag-type entities, because it's interesting, isn't it? You say you had never seen/experienced the Hag, yet you were nonetheless terrified of a visitation by same. Chicken or egg ~~~ chicken or egg ~~~...
  46. A

Hiding Under The Covers

OldTimeRadio wrote: . Yes ! In fact, it's tempting to suspect there's a plot afoot; an organised disinfo campaign. By coincidence, last night I was browsing a site completely unrelated to the Hag. It was just a regular blog by a man who writes on any and every topic. Within his blog...
  47. A

Lizard said: HI Lizard : well, here we have the interesting situation whereby two posters have almost diametrically opposed points of view. I readily accept your theory of " 99% of nightmares are caused by the everyday stuff of brain chemistry and worry etc etc " as it applies to you...
  48. A

Hiding Under The Covers

OldTimeRadio: yes, the strange creature on the bridge was witnessed by my son and myself. I was told last year that the bridge in question is now closed and a modern one built in it's place. Apparently the old bridge and its approaches had been the scene of several deaths in recent years...
  49. A

Mystery prisoner baffles court

I've heard of cases where concerned members of the public can make private application offering to take responsibility for homeless and displaced persons. Maybe you could do that ... it's possible the authorities would grant you a form of custody re; the nameless man, on the condition you...
  50. A

Competitions and Positive Thought...

Ah well, what can we make of this : the monk who successfully foresaw the winning Lottery number, 11 weeks in a row. It was in one of the larger Australian newspapers, in the late 1990s. The monk -- in Laos I think -- was taken into custody and the government cancelled the national...
Back