• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. henry

Bizarre Voice In Mississippi

this happened a couple of weeks ago, on afternoon of sunday 12th march in fact ... and not far from the locus of the bizarre night in mississippi i have been gradually exploring backroads of the mississippi delta by car over the last period, stopping and checking out historic blues places and...
  2. henry

Bizarre Bath In Mississippi

this was a little strangeness from recently ... as part of my 1940s bluesman-style existence at the gateway to the delta (greenwood MS) my apartment has a small bath and no shower, and ive got used to lazing around listening to Pat Novak - For Hire on vinyl while i soak midweek a couple of...
  3. henry

Bizarre Night In Mississippi

this was a weird collection of events, compressed into a raw couple of hours towards end august 2019 fortean sidekick and i were staying in greenwood MS ( now basically my second home), we had driven down to madison to catch once upon a time in hollywood, nearest cinema ... after, we met a pal...
  4. henry

Eerie Train Vibe, I Got the Next!

this is a new one on me, got on the 16.46 from liverpool lime to manchester victoria, was a bus-style layout, i walked the length of the train, plenty of seats but i found myself disinclined to stay on for odd intangible reasons, so i disembarked and took the next train via piccadilly at 16.52...
  5. henry

Smartphone Technology Less Productive

either im going through a personal malaise involving sheer lack of productivity and motivation, or the current combination of smartphone-based bias and poor laptop-format technology tools is stymying me ive long thought tech at this level had crested, but perhaps its just me, as i am one...
  6. henry

Recalled Asynchronous Blink

not especially fortean ... saturday afternoon i was let down by banks and trains and unexpectedly found myself on the brink of an all-day drinking spree, with a clear evening and no commitments, unusual for me however and furthermore i am 2 months into a year of not drinking alcohol to raise...
  7. henry

Likes [Poll]

will everyone stop liking my posts please, im starting to feel like katy perry
  8. henry

Scintillating Scotoma Synchronised In Sympathy ?

ive experienced the visual disturbance scintillating scotoma 4 times, never accompanied by migraine headache ... may have remarked on it elsewhere on the board, final occasion is the weird ass one first time was 1992, driving a very beat up 76 plymouth volare from san francisco to chicago, the...
  9. henry

Relocating Guitar Stool, Chadderton

last july fortean apprentice was in a summer performance at a theatre in oldham greater manchester, cue a number of trips there over a week or so for final rehearsals and performances en route from our place in the city centre to the theatre one time i spotted an interesting looking guitar shop...
  10. henry

Shoes In The Kitchen

Having lived in the same "loft apartment" for almost 20 years, fortean sidekick and i acquired the floor downstairs over easter, giving us a pretty expansive city centre townhouse ... new floor came very well appointed with a contemporary kitchen ( upstairs we have a bar, rather than a kitchen...
  11. henry

Alan Partridge Spontaneous Appearance On Pizza Hut Table

I mulled over posting this within fortean tikes, but i wanted to get the title up in big letters ! fortean sidekick, almost 10, and i were at our local hut yesterday after after-school club. she already has a dedication to coogan's alan partidge character and is able to out-quote her teachers...
  12. henry

ZebraCat & Ghost Pony From The Past [Photos]

Just into the new year fortean daughter and i spent a great week in a log cabin with stables on offas dyke ... while there on one of our walks we spotted what at first looked like a fox with zebra colouring crossing the lane ahead of us ... a zebrafox ! it darted off into a hedge pretty quick...
  13. henry

Tall Figure on Overpass / Potential Suicide

this was just a little one that i wasnt really going to bother with ... perhaps it should be in minor strangeness™ if anywhere ... so fortean sidekick ( 9 ) was at summer camp last week and i was making a trip south on the road between burnley and manchester ... A56 then the M66 ... just after...
  14. henry

Fortean Tikes

devoted to those moments when children and other offspring by their actions defy scientific explanation my fortean sidekick ( 9 years ) and i were watching one of the harry potters on vhs ( our preferred medium ) a few weeks ago ... it was the one where hagrid at the start is introduced by...
  15. henry

Hypnapompia or Rumblings of a Ghost Dog etc

this happened last night ... i have lived in the same apartment for 16 years and this is the first occasion i have been scared to death in here went to sleep a little early as have been bouncing around for over a week between london and wales ... fortean daughter in her room drifted awake...
  16. henry

Green Man Simulacrum From Pen-Y-Coed [Photo]

my fortean daughter was at pony camp all week during half term on the england-wales border ... we then went exploring over the weekend just gone the terrain around offas dyke and the 'cliff' along the a483 ... when i looked at this photo last night on my phone i saw the startling image of a...
  17. henry

City in the Clouds, A50 [PHOTOS / VIDEO]

apologies for the glut of posts but this has been in need of firing off for a few months ... over the summer i drove to london and back on 2 consecutive weekends the first was 19th august 2012 ... en route back that evening i took the M1 out of town and then the way i always used to come back to...
  18. henry

CGI Guy in Manchester

this was a weird one ... happened monday / tuesday last week i think ... i was walking home with my fortean apprentice from after-school club and we were at a busy corner crossing in manchester ( in fact here ) when a short and stocky guy passed us ... he was remarkable in that his face was...
  19. henry

Fortean Whitby

hi all not normally one for chat ... but i wanted to ask if anyone had any recommendations of fortean places in whitby ... i have a teambuilding weekend this weekend and we are staying at a supposedly haunted pub the black horse ... ive never been before and aside from the dracula connection...
  20. henry

Psychogeographical Urbex Fire Synchronicity [PHOTOS]

hi all just a fortean coincidence from earlier today for you ... there are a few different ways i can walk to my fortean daughters primary school to pick her up one route i have taken many times brings me down a narrow alley at the rear of a large royal mail sorting office ( oldham road...
  21. henry

Reflection of? Person Emerging from Wall/Underground Carpark

hi this happened about two weeks ago and gave me a short sharp WT...??? moment which was immediately supplanted by my need to get where i was going in quick time so i didnt linger on it but i did intend to post a little sooner than i have done I have been parking in a private subterranean...
  22. henry

Angel Meadow Simulacrum

these are from a few years and i always meant to upload them ... is there a simulacrum thread they should go on ??? its a goblin ! angel meadown itself has a fortean history it was an irish paupers graveyard and now home to hundreds of hipsters who live in the flats all around it...
  23. henry

Fortean Dog / Map Stickers Appearing on School Run [PHOTOS]

we started school in october and as its quite close frequently go on foot ... my fortean daughter is very much into mysteries and clues and will look for them wherever they can be found ... soon we noticed a sticker on the ground that looked interesting and it was kind of close to a strange...
  24. henry

Apported Orange Tic-Tac During School Run [PHOTO]

the school run ( actually a walk weather permitting or literally a run if we are short of time ) can be a fairly fortean experience in itself all things considered with my little fortean accomplice ... the other day monday 7th november we were working our way along the road to the primary school...
  25. henry

My Haunted Canadian Copy of FT273

okay so its not quite haunted but this is a fortean issue of fortean times ... i have been sitting on ft273 [ swastika ] for a few weeks while i finished a novel ... i have just come to read it and it starts at page 37 ... ie the first inner page after the cover is page 37 - the first word is...
  26. henry

FT262 June 2010 Needed by Fortean ex-Pat in Canadia

hi all ... i am currently in toronto canada due to the ever outwardly-spiralling chaos of my life which is starting to resemble a ripleys believe-it-or-not ... when i first arrived here i was unable to find an FT seller for a long time and wound up missing issue #262 from last June ... i now...
  27. henry

Cross and Chain [photo]

I normally wear a cross on a chain, actually a black loop of leather, around my neck. Now an again it would bug me, for some reason, so id wrap it round my wrist until it no longer bugged me out an found its way back around my neck. Last sunday i was out at a local bar with my neighbour, we...
  28. henry

Fake Old People

I was hanging with my 3-year-old daughter in a coffee shop yesterday afternoon - in line waiting to get served at the counter. I was vaguely aware that the person behind us was an old-ish woman. At one point I picked up my daughter and held her in my arms so her face was over my right shoulder...
  29. henry

Photo Messaging from Beyond?

This goes back to about 1993, maybe 1994, not sure. Pretty much all since childhood I had been close friends with 2 brothers A and M; A being my age, M being 2 years older. M had a kid unexpectedly, and there was a Christening. Afterwards there was a little party in their back garden, during...
  30. henry

Killer FT Article of 2006

The "3 Church Lane Polarity Pole" craziness was the killer piece for me. Really got under my skin, an its not normally my kind of thing... I also thought the writing was very strong and not played for effect. At the time I dug around on the net for more info on the case and the guy who wrote it...
  31. henry

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Is it worth having a thread for minor IHTM strangenesses, that dont quite warrant their own threads, or should I be posting this in chat? I was in a bakers shop in chorlton, south manchester a couple of days ago. As I was walking towards the door on my way out, I noticed there was a poster in...
  32. henry

Failing Relationship/Haunted House?

I should explain that this has been very difficult for me to approach for a number of reasons – because, it records events in my life that were very distressing, both for the sheer disquiet I felt due to the phenomena experienced, and also because it follows the final disintegration of my...
  33. henry

In The Shadow Of A Plane

Not paranormal and probably not even fortean... I was out this afternoon in south manchester and was stood on a street corner making a phonecall on my mobile (which I never used to find myself doing, now Im always at it) when a shadow moved over me from above. It seemed circular in shape...
  34. henry

FT212 - Cover Illustration Code

Has anyone noticed or even solved a code within the cover (and mid-pages) illustration of the latest issue? Do we know if there is a prize?
  35. henry

Grass Monster: Manchester, UK [Photos]

I asked a friend of mine if he had any ghost stories as he spent a few years working for British Rail in the UK. While nothing happened to him at that time, he had experienced 2 unaccountable incidents during his teens. This one is from October 1984 when he was 14 years of age. He was with...
  36. henry

Classical Corner

Is it just me or is Barry Baldwin unreadable? I cant understand a word the guy writes.
Back