• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Cannabis Is Good For You

I bumped this thread to suggest that people who doubt the oncoming problems with drugs liberation watch

'Is Seattle Dying ?'

Google it, it's a YouTube documentary.

Very well worth watching.

And very far from the world of Frazier.

You could end up stuck in a rut. But I suppose it's safer than huffing it.

Have any of you viewed the suggested video yet ?

I bumped this thread to suggest that people who doubt the oncoming problems with drugs liberation watch

'Is Seattle Dying ?'

Google it, it's a YouTube documentary.

Very well worth watching.

And very far from the world of Frazier.

This is in a world of illegal but easily obtainable drugs. The synthetics have completely changed the landscape and we still have no idea how this is going to affect us in the next 20 years. Kids are permanently changed by the use of synthetics in a way we've not seen in traditional drug use.

I'd certainly look at decriminalizing certain drugs - cannabis particularly as it's still a gateway drug that leads onto synthetics. The old sledgehammer approach to drug management needs to change as it's always been more damaging than useful.

Reactions: Jim
I'm assuming you haven't watched the video.

If you have I can't see how you could come to the conclusions you do.

The main point of the videos is that there is NO sledge hammer approach. Exactly the opposite.

I'm assuming you haven't watched the video.

If you have I can't see how you could come to the conclusions you do.

The main point of the videos is that there is NO sledge hammer approach. Exactly the opposite.

Yes I'm watching it now and so far it hasn't changed my mind as it describes the sledgehammer approach perfectly How many years have you worked in addiction services btw?

Also locking up drug addicts has never worked and never will. I wish you'd actually stop thinking you are a 100% right about stuff you know very little about.

Ask me again when the video is finished. Take some notes; there may be questions.

Ask me again when the video is finished. Take some notes; there may be questions.

Yes I'm still watching it now and the "lock them up" message, for the most part, isn't congruent with CODAC at the end. Also they are mostly talking about opioid addiction at the end which again isn't congruent with the start of the film.

There are many different drugs out there and they are not all the same and the treatment is different but you are obviously an expert after watching a youtube video.

Yes I'm still watching it now and the "lock them up" message, for the most part, isn't congruent with CODAC at the end. Also they are mostly talking about opioid addiction at the end which again isn't congruent with the start of the film.

There are many different drugs out there and they are not all the same and the treatment is different but you are obviously an expert after watching a youtube video.

No need to be facetious.

I and others see this every day, maybe not to the extreme shown in the video.

No need to be facetious.

What and the" Ask me again when the video is finished. Take some notes; there may be questions. " wasn't?

No need to be facetious.

You see what you see and you judge. Do you know these people? Do you know their families? Do you know their stories?

You see what you see and you judge. Do you know these people? Do you know their families? Do you know their stories?

I know a few of them.

But that doesn't change the overall effect on the town

In Siena, Italy, you will find...

These frescoes are collectively known as The Allegory of Good and Bad Government.

The Allegory of Good Government depicts the personification of Justice as a woman. She gestures to the scales of balance, held by the personification of Wisdom floating over her throne. On the viewer's left, a convicted criminal is beheaded; on the right, figures receive the rewards of justice. At Justice's feet, the personification of Virtue, also, unusually for the time, portrayed as a female figure, passes virtue among 24 faithfully rendered and recognizable images of prominent male citizens of Siena. The men face towards the largest figure in the image, a judge located in the center right. The judge is surrounded by additional personifications including Peace, who is represented as a fashionable, white-clad contemporary female figure with elaborate blonde hair.

Basically they say that you can't have good govenance without strong laws.

You will have gathered that Seattle blew its chance at both. And Is now reaping the rewards.

The United States Federal government been on a disinformation campaign concerning cannabis since the 30's, when so-called documentaries like "Refer Madness" were produced. Harry Anslinger had politic and economic agendas and was responsible for labeling cannabis a narcotics, the same category drug as Heroin, Morphine, opium) while dangerous drugs like cocaine and X-stal meth were labeled as lower category drug which by definition as by the state or federal government means they are less dangerous. President Nixon forced researches to falsify data that would could have taken off the legal pressure concerning cannabis decades ago. The federal government still prohibit federally funding lab testing to find the properties of the various cannaboids (good or otherwise) and doctor who do so can risk careers and even jail time.
As for gateway drugs: tobacco, caffeine, cannabis, alcohol and others can all lead rebellious minds towards further experimentation, particuarly with those under the legal age limits.
https://blog.timesunion.com/rittner...to-the-present-disinformation-campaigns/6445/

I know a few of them.

These frescoes are collectively known as The Allegory of Good and Bad Government.

The Allegory of Good Government depicts the personification of Justice as a woman. She gestures to the scales of balance, held by the personification of Wisdom floating over her throne. On the viewer's left, a convicted criminal is beheaded; on the right, figures receive the rewards of justice. At Justice's feet, the personification of Virtue, also, unusually for the time, portrayed as a female figure, passes virtue among 24 faithfully rendered and recognizable images of prominent male citizens of Siena. The men face towards the largest figure in the image, a judge located in the center right. The judge is surrounded by additional personifications including Peace, who is represented as a fashionable, white-clad contemporary female figure with elaborate blonde hair.

You will have gathered that Seattle blew its chance at both. And Is now reaping the rewards.

Basically, I've no idea what you are on about. Synthetics are different from opioids and need a different treatment approach. Most of the earlier footage on that youtube clip was showing some form of synthetic use and not opioid use.
I know a few of them.

I've no idea where you are going with that. I'm guessing you never checked a kids CK blood level very often when they present at ED?

Basically, I've no idea what you are on about. Synthetics are different from opioids and need a different treatment approach. Most of the earlier footage on that youtube clip was showing some form of synthetic use and not opioid use.

I've no idea where you are going with that. I'm guessing you never checked a kids CK blood level very often when they present at ED?
Aren't all opioids just synthetic opium or a derivative of anyway ? (I'm thinking stuff like diamorphine and methadone but I'm not an opioid expert)

Aren't all opioids just synthetic opium or a derivative of anyway ? (I'm thinking stuff like diamorphine and methadone but I'm not an opioid expert)
I'll try to provide clarity, it's a bit confusing. Opiate is becoming an antiquated term.
Opiods are a class of drugs derived from the natural alkaloids of opium. This class of drugs include: heroin, oxycodone, vicodin, codeine, morphine.
Synthetic opioids are a class of drugs that are designed to mimic the same receptors in your brain as naturally occurring opioids. They include drugs like tramadol, methadone.
They're all highly addictive. Currently in NY they are cracking down on doctors who prescribe such drugs, a few have come up on charges. A major problem has been people w severe or chronic pain are prescribed strong medically available Opiods like morphine or oxycodine. When the doctor stops writing the prescriptions they go on the street in search of heroin.

Last edited:

By the time you finished the video you should have had a clear idea where I was on the subject.

Basically Seattle is on it's way to Hell in a handcart.

The Judiciary won't clamp down on the users and dealers.

The users are running rampant with robbery and violence to get money to support their habit.

The cops are so fed up of bringing them in only for the system to let them straight back out.

There is no law and order with respect to this problem.

Or do you not see it as a problem ?

I believe you watched the whole thing; what was your conclusion of the situation ?

I'll try to provide clarity, it's a bit confusing. Opiate is becoming an antiquated term.
Opiods are a class of drugs derived from the natural alkaloids of opium. This class of drugs include: heroin, oxycodone, vicodin, codeine, morphine.
Synthetic opioids are a class of drugs that are designed to mimic the same receptors in your brain as naturally occurring opioids. They include drugs like tramadol, methadone.
They're all highly addictive. Currently in NY they are cracking down on doctors who prescribe such drugs, a few have come up on charges. A major problem has been people w severe or chronic pain are prescribed strong medically available Opiods like morphine or oxycodine. When the doctor stops writing the prescriptions they go on the street in search of heroin.
Thanks Jim.

Not just cookies.

MAC AND CHEESE. Peanut butter and jelly. Asparagus and … cannabis oil with a citrusy terpene profile? Welcome to food pairings in the heady era of cannabis legalization.

A new breed of chef is thriving, experimenting with how to infuse dishes with weed, whose various strains might smell and taste of lemon or mushroom or grain. And, of course, they can complement that taste with the intoxicating experience of THC, like traditional chefs might pair foods with particular wines. It’s all nerdy as hell, and it just so happens that one of the top cannabis chefs in America, Michael Magallanes, is also a chef in WIRED’s San Francisco office. (To be clear, the food he cooks for us is great, but decidedly weed-free.) So on this 420, come with us on a science-packed journey into the frontier of cannabis cuisine.

https://www.wired.com/story/how-to-... NL 042019 (1)&utm_medium=email&utm_source=nl

Mike Tyson smokes $40,000 of cannabis every month:
Pro or anti?

Well, he does have a lot to forget. He now makes his income from a cannabis farm, so I suppose it's like running a sweet shop and eating most of the sweets yourself.

I'm surprised he can string a sentence together.

Mike Tyson smokes $40,000 of cannabis every month:
Pro or anti?

Well, he does have a lot to forget. He now makes his income from a cannabis farm, so I suppose it's like running a sweet shop and eating most of the sweets yourself.
Been a recreational smoker since the 60's . If this level of consumption true, it's both ridiculous and unhealthy (mentally - physically). It's hard to believe that with the price of high grade cannabis ~$( 275 to 350)/oz, that a person could possible even smoke that quantity of cannabis and function. Smoking (3 to 6) ounces a day not recommended.

As it equates to $10,000 per week, and knowing the sort of money people pay on the street. .. well, maybe his maths isn't what it used to be.

Been a recreational smoker since the 60's . If this level of consumption true, it's both ridiculous and unhealthy (mentally - physically). It's hard to believe that with the price of high grade cannabis ~$( 275 to 350)/oz, that a person could possible even smoke that quantity of cannabis and function. Smoking (3 to 6) ounces a day not recommended.
He probably shares it with his 'homies'.

As it equates to $10,000 per week, and knowing the sort of money people pay on the street. .. well, maybe his maths isn't what it used to be.
Doing a bit of math shows even if he shares his botanical wealth. Say he smokes only 1/10 of this personally. He's still smokin ~ 3 oz/wk. Known a few folks that smoke close to an oz/wk: some have COPD, all lack motivation. Imagine drinking (8 to > 12) cocktail every day (not say 2 or 3 recreationally), it'll tend catch up with you eventually.
Not a scientific comparison (since cannabis and alcohol aren't related).

Good news.

A couple accused of producing cannabis-laced chocolate bars have had the case against them dropped after prosecutors said they would offer no evidence.

Lezley Gibson had been using the drug to relieve the symptoms of multiple sclerosis, her legal team said. She and her husband Mark, both 55 and from Yewdale Road, Carlisle, had denied three charges relating to cannabis.

The prosecution has told Carlisle Crown Court it was "not in the public interest" to proceed against the pair. The charges were brought after their home was raided by police in January 2019. Officers confiscated 10 baby cannabis plants and three homemade cannabis chocolate bars.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cumbria-51012019

Back