• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

There should be an episode surrounding a support group for all the companions who were left bey the wayside.

The may have done; I'll be honest I'm a bit of lax fan (life just kinda gets in the way) and am about two seasons behind, so my apologies.

Celebrate! Celebrate! Celebrate!

A Doctor Who exhibition is coming to a North Somerset museum to celebrate the programme's 60th anniversary.

Weston Museum will host Adventures in Time and Space - 60 Years of Doctor Who Art in November. Items from across the show's history will be displayed - from first Doctor William Hartnell's series to that of latest star Ncuti Gatwa.

"The exhibition will unfold like the pages of a well-worn book," said museum director Becky Walsh.

The exhibition will display iconic book covers, VHS video covers, annuals, comics, graphic novels, digital art and even a painting which made its debut on the show itself. It is claimed to be the largest collection of original and digital art from the programme ever shown in one location.

Ncuti Gatwa and Millie Gibson
IMAGE SOURCE ,BBC/BAD WOLF/DISNEY Image caption, Ncuti Gatwa as the Doctor and Millie Gibson as his companion

From the classic era which was screened from 1963 to 1989, to the modern reboot since 2005, the exhibition hopes to be a "heart-warming journey for Whovians of all generations".

"Hold onto your sonic screwdrivers as we journey back to the roots of the longest-running sci-fi extravaganza known to humanity," added Ms Walsh.

Organisers say they have rounded up items for the exhibition from private art collectors and dedicated fans.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-somerset-66581870

Celebrate! Celebrate! Celebrate!

A Doctor Who exhibition is coming to a North Somerset museum to celebrate the programme's 60th anniversary.

Weston Museum will host Adventures in Time and Space - 60 Years of Doctor Who Art in November. Items from across the show's history will be displayed - from first Doctor William Hartnell's series to that of latest star Ncuti Gatwa.

"The exhibition will unfold like the pages of a well-worn book," said museum director Becky Walsh.

The exhibition will display iconic book covers, VHS video covers, annuals, comics, graphic novels, digital art and even a painting which made its debut on the show itself. It is claimed to be the largest collection of original and digital art from the programme ever shown in one location.

Ncuti Gatwa and Millie Gibson
IMAGE SOURCE ,BBC/BAD WOLF/DISNEY Image caption, Ncuti Gatwa as the Doctor and Millie Gibson as his companion

From the classic era which was screened from 1963 to 1989, to the modern reboot since 2005, the exhibition hopes to be a "heart-warming journey for Whovians of all generations".

"Hold onto your sonic screwdrivers as we journey back to the roots of the longest-running sci-fi extravaganza known to humanity," added Ms Walsh.

Organisers say they have rounded up items for the exhibition from private art collectors and dedicated fans.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-somerset-66581870

I am loving the new Doctor's sartorial style - I am reminded of characters like Jerry Cornelius with echoes of the 2nd and 3rd Doctor :)

Lord Running Clam.

Why, that's an anagram! Of.....Ronald McNurling. Is that your real name, Ramon?

Back to the wonderful world of "Doctor Who", I have just received my Big Finish audio cd "The Dalby Spook", starring Paul McGann's Eighth Doctor, who sets out to solve the mystery of said 'spook', Gef the Talking Mongoose of legend. One of my favourite fortean cases. I haven't listened to it yet. Should be fun. I will doubtless report back in due course. The rather fabulous Nicola Walker features as the Doctor's companion Liv Chenka.

Last edited:
Why, that's an anagram! Of.....Ronald McNurling. Is that your real name, Ramon?

Back to the wonderful world of "Doctor Who", I have just received my Big Finish audio cd "The Dalby Spook", starring Paul Megan's Eighth Doctor, who sets out to solve the mystery of said 'spook', Gef the Talking Mongoose of legend. One of my favourite fortean cases. I haven't listened to it yet. Should be fun. I will doubtless report back in due course. The rather fabulous Nicola Walker features as the Doctor's companion Liv Chenka.

LRC is a Sentient Ganymedan Slime Mold in Clans of the Alphane Moon by PKD.

Also, Dervla Kirwan played Mercy Hartigan in "The Next Doctor" and she appeared in "Father Ted" as her "Ballykissangel" character Assumpta Fitzgerald.

I'm sure there must be some others who have bridged the gap between Who and Ted.

Before some wag points it out, Graham Norton has a couple of unscheduled and uncredited "Doctor Who" credits to his name. Spoilers! Quite literally : spoilers!

Last edited:
Ah, good point, well made, Gordon. Yes, a knotty question as to whether Katarina counts, though I'll simply use the excuse that I wasn't born when it was on...

... a 13-episode story, though - terrifying thought. Can anyone here claim that they actually saw it and, if so, what was it like (other than extremely long)? Surely there's not a tale that can't be told in 6 episodes at most? Having said that, I seem to recall that a coupe of Jon Pertwee stories (Silurians and Inferno, IIRC, but I've not double-checked) actually stretched to 7, and they were rather good.
Yes. I remember watching The Daleks' Master Plan with my dad. I must have been 6 and can still recall being really scared when Sara started ageing rapidly, fell to the ground and became a skeleton. It looked like the same was going to happen to the Doctor. That, for me, was a genuine "hiding behind the sofa" moment. I know there is a recreation of sorts out there, using static images, of the missing episodes, but I hope the original ep.12 will turn up some time, as I really would love to watch it again after all these years.

Yes. I remember watching The Daleks' Master Plan with my dad. I must have been 6 and can still recall being really scared when Sara started ageing rapidly, fell to the ground and became a skeleton. It looked like the same was going to happen to the Doctor. That, for me, was a genuine "hiding behind the sofa" moment. I know there is a recreation of sorts out there, using static images, of the missing episodes, but I hope the original ep.12 will turn up some time, as I really would love to watch it again after all these years.

The Destruction of Time was the only episode that actually scared me, I was about 10 and had watched Doctor Who from the start and I thought it was going to be the final end of the series. Unless someone can pop back in time and record it off air I don't think we'll ever see the full series again.

The Destruction of Time was the only episode that actually scared me, I was about 10 and had watched Doctor Who from the start and I thought it was going to be the final end of the series. Unless someone can pop back in time and record it off air I don't think we'll ever see the full series again.
Never give up hope, Timble2. I lived through many years believing I would never get to see "The Tomb of the Cybermen" and " The Web of Fear" - but both eventually resurfaced (mostly). To be honest, I can still hardly believe it.

I would really love to see "The Daleks' Master Plan" in its entirety one day. Based on the episodes that do exist, it would appear to be a great example of the Hartnell era at its peak. And yeah, it does seem likely that its 9 missing episode will never return, but amazing finds have happened and may just happen again. That said, it seems to be really really unlikely that episode 7, "The Feast of Steven" could ever be recovered, as I believe it was never sold for overseas transmission because it was a 'disposable' light-hearted Christmas Day filler episode. Such a shame. I bet it was a cracker.

My particular want for a return is Marco Polo

It's my mum's favourite story; she watched it on original transmission with her father, now passed on, and loved it, and was most disappointed to discover it was missing when we were doing a bit of a marathon together. It keeps being rumoured as found, as it was one of the most widely distributed stories, but never actually shows up.

We've watched a reconstruction, which was very good (Mark Eden recorded some linking narrations, and they had colour photos, when my mum watched it in B&W. Might have been Big Finish?), but I would love for us to be able to watch it together before we die!

Fingers crossed, eh?!

Back