• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Poor old Marc Warren. He's just got the face of a psycho. Doesn't matter how many good characters he plays, he's stuck as Mr Teatime in my head.
"We took pity on him because he'd lost both parents at an early age. I think that, on reflection, we should have wondered a bit more about that."
-- Lord Downey reflects on Mister Teatime -- (Sir Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

"We took pity on him because he'd lost both parents at an early age. I think that, on reflection, we should have wondered a bit more about that."
-- Lord Downey reflects on Mister Teatime -- (Sir Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)
Hogfather is my 'required Christmas reading' every year. Manages to be festive without being sappy.

How is Ncuti 6th when we don’t know what his official outfit is going to be? I really don’t agree with this list. I was so disappointed with Jodie’s we finally get a female to cosplay and we get stupid trousers that don’t make it and look like they are borrowed from the village idiot.

So Dr Who is not on at the moment but there is a way to stop your panic of not seeing it.

You can check out Chairs of Dr Who! Every chair identified (classic Who only)

https://pinkforyouractualpterodacty...MnE_ySyVmxMJUat8ENcNReXS4tVgkXlD1cn-jl3aUBipA

1685480352969.png

Poor old Marc Warren. He's just got the face of a psycho. Doesn't matter how many good characters he plays, he's stuck as Mr Teatime in my head.
He has the hair and face of a cherub but the eyes of a KGB interrogator. Great actor!
Better than having the hair and face of a KGB interrogator and the eyes of a cherub...

Mel-come Back! Bonnie Langford Returns to Doctor Who as Mel Bush​

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news-and-f...DmTidn36m0Uoa1eT5UYTbBmtsIPYCc7yuwekPwfSBXtF0
And why not, indeed? I was thinking just the other day about who might potentially pop up now that RTD has the reins again, and Bonnie did seem a likely candidate, especially after her cameo in Jodie's finale. I wonder if we might get a bit of explanation about how she travelled back to present day Earth from where/whenever she was when she threw her lot in with Sabalom Glitz (a dodgy companion departure if ever there was one!).

I would dearly love poor old Nyssa to get a look-in one day, too. What happened to her after deciding to stay on Terminus with all those hunky, love-starved Vanir? I think Russell needs to put our minds at rest!

Oh blimey, and there's Peri, too....!

And why not, indeed? I was thinking just the other day about who might potentially pop up now that RTD has the reins again, and Bonnie did seem a likely candidate, especially after her cameo in Jodie's finale. I wonder if we might get a bit of explanation about how she travelled back to present day Earth from where/whenever she was when she threw her lot in with Sabalom Glitz (a dodgy companion departure if ever there was one!).

I would dearly love poor old Nyssa to get a look-in one day, too. What happened to her after deciding to stay on Terminus with all those hunky, love-starved Vanir? I think Russell needs to put our minds at rest!

Oh blimey, and there's Peri, too....!
I'd put in a plea for Turlough too, except that Mark Strickson is now, apparently, a wildlife cameraman and therefore unlikely to step back into acting.

I'd put in a plea for Turlough too, except that Mark Strickson is now, apparently, a wildlife cameraman and therefore unlikely to step back into acting.
Yeah, Turlough was a nicely different companion. But in the end he got a pardon from the government of his home planet and was offered a lift home (though going by TARDIS might have been quicker). So at least he got a sensible departure (assuming the pardon was genuine and he didn't end up a political prisoner on Trion. Or executed).

It's the companions who end up more or less castaways in Time & Space that I would love to hear about, the ones who don't go back home. Mel, Nyssa and Peri could all use some sort of 'closure' story. Or even a springboard episode to an RTD spin-off, a la Sarah Jane. I know I might be asking a bit much, there! SJS was a real legend.

Yeah, Turlough was a nicely different companion. But in the end he got a pardon from the government of his home planet and was offered a lift home (though going by TARDIS might have been quicker). So at least he got a sensible departure (assuming the pardon was genuine and he didn't end up a political prisoner on Trion. Or executed).

It's the companions who end up more or less castaways in Time & Space that I would love to hear about, the ones who don't go back home. Mel, Nyssa and Peri could all use some sort of 'closure' story. Or even a springboard episode to an RTD spin-off, a la Sarah Jane. I know I might be asking a bit much, there! SJS was a real legend.
I'd really like Turlough just to balance up the sexes a bit. He could come back into the Doctor's life without having had a tragic time since they parted.

Back