Fairies, Pixies, Elves, Sprites & Other Little Folk

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
I think I wrote some time ago in a thread that was about children seeing things when they were unwell about some gnomes who visited me when I was about 2.
Maybe some Mormon midgets called to the door and your mum sent them in to see you and cheer you up.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
She doesn't come across as mad.
She does look a bit like a young Björk.

Mungoman

Mostly harmless...
Reaction score
"They're not small and ugly, you know...they're tall and beautiful. "

How would I know that they're Elven folk then? I mean, after all, they could be Venusians with their blond hair and blue eyes, couldn't they....Or Mr Mjölnirsson from number 42...

KnowwhatImean?

AlchoPwn

Public Service is my Motto.
Reaction score
I’m from Scotland and grew up with stories of selkies,shifting from human form to seal, and I’ve always thought that so lovely.I wonder what the probability is of such a thing existing?
LOL they're skinwalkers I tell you!

Mungoman

Mostly harmless...
Reaction score
I’m from Scotland and grew up with stories of selkies,shifting from human form to seal, and I’ve always thought that so lovely.I wonder what the probability is of such a thing existing?
I like your Kelpies SG...

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
lf you haven’t seen the film The Secret of Roan Inish, stop what you’re doing right now, buy a copy and watch it. Thank me later.

maximus otter

blessmycottonsocks

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I saw stickers promoting her website on walls and lampposts around Reykjavik and left a comment on her blog saying how interesting and entertaining I found it.
Both times we visited Iceland we stayed in the same hotel, which has an elfstone just outside, where you can communicate with the Elves. Unfortunately my Icelandic is minimal and I'm unsure that Nordic Elves can speak English.

PSX_20190325_091816.jpg

Last edited:

AlchoPwn

Public Service is my Motto.
Reaction score
Both times we visited Iceland we stayed in the same hotel, which has an elfstone just outside, where you can communicate with the Elves. Unfortunately my Icelandic is minimal and I'm unsure that Nordic Elves can speak English.
FFS if the sign is in 2 languages, there is a good chance the elves are bilingual too. Iceland is closer to the British Isles than Scandinavia.
:jtease:

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
The Kelpies are something that is every bit as wonderful when you are there as you hope they might be :)

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
Falkirk's an easy train ride from Glasgow. As long as I remember to get off at the right station!

SugaryGhost

In a spiral of ants
Reaction score
I think faerie is devided into seelie and unseelie to my knowledge,with seelie being the more human like and less dangerous.A lot of myths say faeries cannot lie.If someone’s said that before I’m sorry.I’m very interested in the fair folk,I especially like the Dullahan and wild hunt,but I forget information very easily :D

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score

SugaryGhost

In a spiral of ants
Reaction score
That’s really nice,pictures like that are so cute.I got a similar one taken in a photobooth in Asda when I was about 6.lol it wasn’t quite as good.They just slapped up a background with fairies on it,I didn’t even have any wings xD

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I was on another message board looking at some paranormal topics whilst my wife was watching a show that I had no interest in. On the board I came across these videos claiming to show pixies in their natural habitat.
Filmed by a chap named Erwin Saunders, they may be a product of rather good CGI or not. That, I'll leave up to you. His reaction to seeing/filming them seems genuine and surprising, but then he may just be a good actor.
Nonetheless, whatever you make of it, the footage is rather endearing.

Video 1 - Pixie makes appearance at 6.15

Video 2 - Sightings occur at 9.39 and 10.34 when it steals his lunch (a sandwich)

His YouTube Channel with many other videos of Pixies
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIptHpq0tre-Mnu2V1VOoww