Fairies, Pixies, Elves, Sprites & Other Little Folk

Mungoman

Mostly harmless...
"They're not small and ugly, you know...they're tall and beautiful. "

How would I know that they're Elven folk then? I mean, after all, they could be Venusians with their blond hair and blue eyes, couldn't they....Or Mr Mjölnirsson from number 42...

KnowwhatImean?

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
I’m from Scotland and grew up with stories of selkies,shifting from human form to seal, and I’ve always thought that so lovely.I wonder what the probability is of such a thing existing?
lf you haven’t seen the film The Secret of Roan Inish, stop what you’re doing right now, buy a copy and watch it. Thank me later.

maximus otter

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
I saw stickers promoting her website on walls and lampposts around Reykjavik and left a comment on her blog saying how interesting and entertaining I found it.
Both times we visited Iceland we stayed in the same hotel, which has an elfstone just outside, where you can communicate with the Elves. Unfortunately my Icelandic is minimal and I'm unsure that Nordic Elves can speak English.

PSX_20190325_091816.jpg

Last edited:

AlchoPwn

Public Service is my Motto.
Both times we visited Iceland we stayed in the same hotel, which has an elfstone just outside, where you can communicate with the Elves. Unfortunately my Icelandic is minimal and I'm unsure that Nordic Elves can speak English.
FFS if the sign is in 2 languages, there is a good chance the elves are bilingual too. Iceland is closer to the British Isles than Scandinavia.
:jtease:

SugaryGhost

In a spiral of ants
I like your Kelpies SG...
I love kelpies,I had a big book of myths and legends when I was young,one of which was about a girl who steals a kelpies bridle.As well as being super into myths and legends I’m also really into horses so it’s perfect xD

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
The Kelpies are something that is every bit as wonderful when you are there as you hope they might be :)

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Falkirk's an easy train ride from Glasgow. As long as I remember to get off at the right station!

SugaryGhost

In a spiral of ants
I think faerie is devided into seelie and unseelie to my knowledge,with seelie being the more human like and less dangerous.A lot of myths say faeries cannot lie.If someone’s said that before I’m sorry.I’m very interested in the fair folk,I especially like the Dullahan and wild hunt,but I forget information very easily :D

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient

SugaryGhost

In a spiral of ants
That’s really nice,pictures like that are so cute.I got a similar one taken in a photobooth in Asda when I was about 6.lol it wasn’t quite as good.They just slapped up a background with fairies on it,I didn’t even have any wings xD