Fairies, Pixies, Elves, Sprites & Other Little Folk

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I think it is a product of rather bad CGI myself :D but I agree, the videos are rather endearing. I like the Capercailzie noise he makes to attract them.
I have to agree, I think it is CGI. It is quite charming though, and he does give a good performance as a bumbling, eccentric old gentleman.
If anybody actually knows this man, put me right - but I think he's wearing a wig and a fake beard to create a persona.
He's probably teamed up with somebody else who does the CGI.
Shame that he hasn't posted again in a year.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I have to agree, I think it is CGI. It is quite charming though, and he does give a good performance as a bumbling, eccentric old gentleman.
If anybody actually knows this man, put me right - but I think he's wearing a wig and a fake beard to create a persona.
He's probably teamed up with somebody else who does the CGI.
Shame that he hasn't posted again in a year.
I take it back about the wig and fake beard! There's an episode where he cuts his hair and beard to leave hair for the pixies to use.

titch

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I was on another message board looking at some paranormal topics whilst my wife was watching a show that I had no interest in. On the board I came across these videos claiming to show pixies in their natural habitat.
Filmed by a chap named Erwin Saunders, they may be a product of rather good CGI or not. That, I'll leave up to you. His reaction to seeing/filming them seems genuine and surprising, but then he may just be a good actor.
Nonetheless, whatever you make of it, the footage is rather endearing.

Video 1 - Pixie makes appearance at 6.15

Video 2 - Sightings occur at 9.39 and 10.34 when it steals his lunch (a sandwich)

His YouTube Channel with many other videos of Pixies
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIptHpq0tre-Mnu2V1VOoww
There is an article in this month's magazine about this, the first I had heard about it. I think they are fakes but so wonderfully done and acted I cannot resist their charm.

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
I take it back about the wig and fake beard! There's an episode where he cuts his hair and beard to leave hair for the pixies to use.
You can cut a wig...

ChasFink

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Yeah, great band, but I wouldn't put it past them. Publicity stunt? They have been a bit quiet since 2016 when they released Head Carrier.
Not that quiet. I saw them last year and they could still produce a fair amount of volume!

As far as the videos are concerned, yeah, CGI. I just looked at one attempting to make a fuzzy bit of clothing or hairy covering look natural, and it didn't. One could attribute that to some magical nature, but then why do the movements look so UN magical.

AlchoPwn

Public Service is my Motto.
Reaction score
Not that quiet. I saw them last year and they could still produce a fair amount of volume!As far as the videos are concerned, yeah, CGI. I just looked at one attempting to make a fuzzy bit of clothing or hairy covering look natural, and it didn't. One could attribute that to some magical nature, but then why do the movements look so UN magical.
I admire your brand of skepticism ChasFink. ROFL. I think you may be onto something. The Pixies are not real. I mean, when they split up, where did they go ? Did they all just magically disappear? And as for the other bands citing them as influences, clearly it was all just superstitious nonsense amirite? So much for this "legendary" band. It never existed. A hoax.

StuKE

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
I tend to think CGI, the close up photo in this month's mag looks like a model or simple figure to animate, kind of like Morph. I did wonder about the beard and hair but haven't seen all episodes including the shaving one.
Part of me believes (and wants to believe) it is real.

Last edited:

Rushfan62

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
I spent an enjoyable Sunday morning watching all 17 of his videos after reading about them in the Fortean Times. The big mystery to me, is what was the purpose of keeping up a hoax for two years, knowing very few were watching for the first year or so, and why stop so suddenly? If he was producing to get noticed as a film maker / actor, why hasn't he come forward? Most people agree, if he's an actor, he's a good one.
While I agree it's most likely CGI, I think it's quite well done, but what about the pixie "Temple"? Someone must know where this is, is there an explanation as to its true purpose? And... The Wyrm?

Sharon Hill

Complicated biological machine
Reaction score
Reading Sikes' British Goblins and came across a description of a "whirling goblin" that "fell to the scraping the ground and wagging its head looking aside one way and the other" and making a "horrible mowing noise". This reminded me of both the "mowing devil" of early crop circles and the WB Tasmanian Devil cartoon. I can't find any link to either though.

Sharon Hill

Complicated biological machine
Reaction score
Wow, many many years ago I had a standing order for that book at an antiquarian book shop. Never did get one (and probably couldnt have afforded it if they had found one!), and here it is for free!
I loved it. So much fodder for spooky geology. It was sitting on the table and my 17 yr old asked "how can you read that?" I think she had glanced at it and found the very many Welsh names inside.

PeteByrdie

Privateer in the service of Princess Frideswide
Reaction score
Wow, many many years ago I had a standing order for that book at an antiquarian book shop. Never did get one (and probably couldnt have afforded it if they had found one!), and here it is for free!
I bought a modern print from a bookshop in York a couple of years back. It's on the 'eagerly getting around to it' shelf. Too many books, too little time!

Mungoman

Mostly harmless...
Reaction score
I think faerie is devided into seelie and unseelie to my knowledge,with seelie being the more human like and less dangerous.A lot of myths say faeries cannot lie.If someone’s said that before I’m sorry.I’m very interested in the fair folk,I especially like the Dullahan and wild hunt,but I forget information very easily :D

There's a fellow, an Author, who goes by the name of Charles de Lint who writes a craicing series of books about the Fae, it's Kingdom, people who slip between worlds...and everyday Ottawa.

He also sets one story during a Wild Hunt and it is brilliant!

Charles de Lint, at your friendly neighbourhood Library, paid for with your rates, and your taxes. If your library doesn't have them, seek an inter-library loan.

Hmmm...I just might have to read them all again - besides, I'm not really doing much over the next year or two.

Ghost In The Machine

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I bought a modern print from a bookshop in York a couple of years back. It's on the 'eagerly getting around to it' shelf. Too many books, too little time!
Damn I must have missed it. Can't wait to get back to haunting the York bookshops.

Ghost In The Machine

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Mr Erwin Saunders has uploaded a cryptic video, first upload in a long time if anyones interested
LOL. He's having a laugh whoever he is.

But this is brilliant. No clue what that writing is. It's not the Futharc. Are those Northumbrian bagpipes? No mean artist, either.

ETA: I think he's mixing glyphs. It could be utterly random, just to give people a fun but unsolvable code to try and crack during lockdown... but there's a sort of hermetic order 18thC look to some of that, and in amongst one kind of symbol, there appears to be another (I can see a couple of what I'd normally recognise as ogham in there but then most of it is something else entirely). Has a very hermetic order feel to it, whatever it is... Forteans, we should crack this! (If it's not just pure nonsense!)

Just watched the one where he references what Anglo Saxon scholars would recognise as the famous "elf-shot" (hairy episode). There are cryptic references to this in 1000 year old sources. He certainly knows his stuff. Like the Cottingley Fairies, this but with someone. more intelligent/adult behind it.

Last edited:

Rushfan62

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
LOL. He's having a laugh whoever he is.

But this is brilliant. No clue what that writing is. It's not the Futharc. Are those Northumbrian bagpipes? No mean artist, either.
It's the cipher used by Mary Queen of Scots she used in captivity. The voice is reading Robert Burns' poem "Lament for the approach of spring"