• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Headlines

Teacher alleges she was fired for not 'meowing' back at student who identifies as a cat

A woman who was working as a substitute teacher posted a video to social media alleging she was fired by school officials for not "identifying with" a student who "identifies as a cat" after she refused to meow back at the child in class.

iu

Stock photo

"I start looking on the ground, through the fourth row—everything's good. Go to the fifth row—everybody's there. Then I hear 'meow!' I'm like, 'Okay, what's up with that? Who's doing it?' And this little girl in the very front row says, 'You have to meow back at him; he identifies as a cat.' Are you kidding me?" she questions.

https://thepostmillennial.com/teacher-alleges-fired-not-meowing-student-cat

maximus otter

Teacher alleges she was fired for not 'meowing' back at student who identifies as a cat

A woman who was working as a substitute teacher posted a video to social media alleging she was fired by school officials for not "identifying with" a student who "identifies as a cat" after she refused to meow back at the child in class.

iu

Stock photo

"I start looking on the ground, through the fourth row—everything's good. Go to the fifth row—everybody's there. Then I hear 'meow!' I'm like, 'Okay, what's up with that? Who's doing it?' And this little girl in the very front row says, 'You have to meow back at him; he identifies as a cat.' Are you kidding me?" she questions.

maximus otter
Yup the world’s gone mad.

LOL - my hubby told me that as a kid, he devised a method to trap farts in jars, then gave them to his friends.
Amazing the things that children find to do!
My best mate's dad owned a video shop in the 80's. My mate would open the old school airtight empty video cases and fart in them so when a customer would take the box to his dad to have the tape put in it, a farty smell would be released.

Stock photo

maximus otter
I hope the school has provided "it" with a litter tray?

"Not me, I could never eat a cold mouse on a foggy morning."

- Snoopy, 'Peanuts'.

It's worth pointing out that in its short history, The Post Millennial (where the catperson story comes from) has been accused multiple times of lying in its reports and publishing propaganda of a right wing reactionary nature that has no connection to the truth.

I sometimes self-identify as a wizard, but so far none of my enemies have obligingly turned into mice . . . . . I guess I'm just not trying hard enough . . . .

It's worth pointing out that in its short history, The Post Millennial (where the catperson story comes from) has been accused multiple times of lying in its reports and publishing propaganda of a right wing reactionary nature that has no connection to the truth.
Who’d have thought max would be found in a place like that?

This is a bit of a concern...

Sweden drones: Sightings reported over nuclear plants and palace​

Days of sightings of drones over key Swedish sites including nuclear plants have prompted the country's security service to take the lead in an investigation.
Three nuclear sites have been targeted and sightings have been reported over airports and the royal palace.
Authorities have not speculated on who is behind the mysterious drones.
Police and the coastguard are searching the sea and islands around Stockholm, local media reports say.
The latest sightings on Monday evening involved a drone above the Forsmark nuclear plant, but security agency Sapo said it was also investigating earlier drone flights near the Ringhals and Oskarshamn power plants. Police appealed to the public to come forward with information.
Sapo said the drones were suspected of "grave unauthorised dealing with secret information".

"The security service is conducting the investigation regarding the drone flights over our nuclear plants. Regarding other drone observations it's so far a matter for the police," Sapo official Fredrik Hultgren told the BBC.
He refused to give details about the type of drone, but they have been widely described as military-style and as having large wings.

(Via BBC News)

Dead man ‘propped up by two other men in attempt to collect pension at post office’​

• Gardai investigating shocking incident in Carlow

Ken Foy, Amy Molloy and Paul Hyland
January 21 2022 05:40 PM

A dead man was brought to a post office this morning in an attempt to collect his pension in one of the most bizarre incidents that gardaí have ever seen.
The shocking incident in which the deceased male was propped up by two other men happened at the post office on Staplestown Road in Carlow town.
Staff at the post office immediately became suspicious and contacted emergency services and gardaí rushed to the scene.
No money was handed over and it is understood that the deceased man is well known to the two men who moved his body.
A local woman living beside the post office told how her daughter witnessed two men carrying a man into the shop.
https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...DavhKQ6kXnUVWwiJUKcWp31PA2evxKfBABeJBv6afvcEU

The Great Hamster Rescue Sends Hong Kong Into a Furry Frenzy

Volunteers across Hong Kong have mobilized to save the rodents from the clutches of the government, which has been exterminating the animals after an outbreak was tied to a pet shop.

iu

Under the latest order, authorities will cull more than 1,000 hamsters seized from a warehouse and almost three dozen pet shops. Officials also asked anyone who bought a hamster since Dec. 22 to surrender it, and said these animals will also be killed regardless of their Covid status.

Government officials said the campaign was launched out of prudence amid fears of animal-to-human transmission, even though experts said there is minimal risk of such cross-infection.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-gr...nds-hong-kong-into-a-furry-frenzy-11642784805

maximus otter

I dunno why they let them drive?
Your answer:

A police officer came upon a terrible wreck where the driver and passenger were missing. As he looked upon the wreckage a monkey came out of the bush and hopped around the crashed truck.

The officer looked down at the monkey and said, “I wish you could talk.” The monkey looked up at the officer and nodded his head.

“You can understand what I’m saying?” asked the officer. Again, the monkey nodded his head.

“Well, did you see this?”

The monkey nodded.

“What happened?”

The monkey pretended to have a can in his hand and turned it up by his mouth.

“They were drinking?” asked the officer.

The monkey nodded.

“What else?” asked the officer.

The monkey pinched his fingers together and held them to his mouth, sucking inward quickly.

“They were smoking marijuana too?” said the officer.

Again, the monkey nodded.

“What else?” queried the officer.

The monkey motioned with his fingers.

“Having sex! They were having sex, too!?” asked the astounded officer.

“Yes,” nodded the monkey.

“Now wait, you’re saying your owners were drinking, smoking and having sex before they crashed?”

“Yes,” the monkey nodded.

“What were you doing during all this?” asked the officer.

“Driving,” motioned the monkey.

Back