• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
A short behind-the-scenes look at the special effects in Godzilla Minus One
Whilst not being a fan of FX movies & having no intention of seeing this one, that was fascinating in showing the techniques involved in stitching a movie like this together.

I’m more interested in the ‘how’ rather than the movie, & in this case, the clever economy of sets. 6 minutes is enough for me. Too much CGI & I start to glaze over.

Whilst not being a fan of FX movies & having no intention of seeing this one, that was fascinating in showing the techniques involved in stitching a movie like this together.

I’m more interested in the ‘how’ rather than the movie, & in this case, the clever economy of sets. 6 minutes is enough for me. Too much CGI & I start to glaze over.
What impressed me was what they were able to achieve with a small budget compared to Hollywood blockbusters.
I feel the same way about CGI - I used to enjoy the behind-the-scenes extras on DVDs back in the days of practical effects but in recent years they seem to consist of "we put the actors in front of a green screen and added CGI later."

What impressed me was what they were able to achieve with a small budget compared to Hollywood blockbusters.
I feel the same way about CGI - I used to enjoy the behind-the-scenes extras on DVDs back in the days of practical effects but in recent years they seem to consist of "we put the actors in front of a green screen and added CGI later."
the bottom line is seemingly that Hollywood wastes most of it's budgets.

Much like this forum....

Well done Godzilla
‘Godzilla Minus One’ Visual Effects Oscar Brings Waves Of Joy, Brief Struggles With English For Euphoric Japanese Winners: “Here We Stand!”
By Dade Hayes

Dade Hayes
Business Editor

@dadehayes
More Stories By Dade

Waves of joy were interrupted by a brief struggle with the English language as the euphoric group behind Japan’s Godzilla Minus One accepted the Oscar for Best Visual Effects.

As soon as the film’s name was announced as the winner, a large flock of representatives from it jumped in the air from several rows in the back of the Dolby Theatre orchestra, many of them waving miniature monsters in the air in celebration.
https://deadline.com/2024/03/godzilla-minus-one-wins-best-visual-effects-2024-oscars-1235852640/

I don't mind admitting that I actually shed a small tear when I checked the news this morning, and watched the Godzilla Minus One team pick up their Oscar. I immediately messaged my daughter to let her know and she was beside herself with glee as well.

And as a little celebration I then bought the 'burning Godzilla' Bandai figure, from Godzilla Vs Destoroyah- one of my favourite Goji movies.

Now, let's have the blu-ray!

FB_IMG_1710426177005.jpg

Back