• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

Oh man I thought it was always 'knob' not 'nob'. It made for much amusement when a colleague unwittingly sent out a blanket email to about 100 people featuring a recipe which included the ingredient 'knob butter' instead of 'knob of butter'. What made it even better was that they were ultra uptight and took them themselves far too seriously, which just made it all the more funny. :chuckle:
I am confused now. I know it is 'knob' when referring to door furniture, and 'nob' when referring to.... err.... underpants furniture.... or a stupid person. But I'm not sure what the correct spelling is when you are putting butter on your baked potato. Clarification needed (like clarified butter, yeah?)

I am confused now. I know it is 'knob' when referring to door furniture, and 'nob' when referring to.... err.... underpants furniture.... or a stupid person. But I'm not sure what the correct spelling is when you are putting butter on your baked potato. Clarification needed (like clarified butter, yeah?)
When putting a knob of butter on a baked potato or opening a door using a traditionally spherical object to twist, knob is also the correct spelling in this instance.

He also bullied new posters, for which I personally told him off. We'd lost a couple of promising new members by then.
Ah ha! I remember reading somewhere on here when he was under discussion once before (so probably up thread here) that you and he had had an altercation. I'd wondered what it was about!
So now I know that it is because he could be a bit of a nobhead, got it!

Some people may regard putting butter on your baked potato as daft so refer to you as a nob for putting a knob there. There is also nob as short for nobility....a.k.a. toff

Where's Ronnie Jersey these days? she's a nice lass.
I could be wrong but I have a feeling that she just may have left in solidarity with Trev. I'd been wondering if all was well with her being as she'd been going through a trying time with her husband being unwell but I think she's ok. Perhaps she'll be back one of these days :)

Rynner's currently living in the Seychelles in a flat above a bar owned by a retired Playboy play mate. She's better at poker than he is so he's only often able to pay his rent but he can drink harder than she can so she often forgets he hasn't paid his rent. (see Ramon's picture above)

The Seychelles look awfully like Russia in that picture. l don’t think I’ll bother.

maximus otter

Nob = an upper-class individual.

Knob =

a) Door furniture
b) Stuffing for budgie smugglers

maximus otter

Other people live much more interesting lives than me *deep sigh*
You have a very interesting life....

giphy-57.gif

Back