• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I have no idea what's going on in this case. The niece who spoke to & recorded Yulia on the phone [if we believe that story - seems to be true but..] was apparently on a talk show in Russia yesterday. Amongst the participants were the two men who poisoned Litvinenko! [if we believe that story]. WTF?

And what to make of her saying when asked about her father’s condition: “Everything’s OK, he’s resting now, he’s sleeping. Everyone’s health is OK. No one has had any irreversible [harm].”?

I have no idea what's going on in this case. The niece who spoke to & recorded Yulia on the phone [if we believe that story - seems to be true but..] was apparently on a talk show in Russia yesterday. Amongst the participants were the two men who poisoned Litvinenko! [if we believe that story]. WTF?

And what to make of her saying when asked about her father’s condition: “Everything’s OK, he’s resting now, he’s sleeping. Everyone’s health is OK. No one has had any irreversible [harm].”?

It is just ludicrous, none of it makes any sense if we simply believe it was Russia. The daughter and father are on British soil and surely amongst the most protected people in the country so why would you be playing down your attempted murder?

If the story we were told of them being at death's door was legit then who is lying now, the daughter [if it is really her speaking] now saying she is fine, or the original story that they were struck-down with this fatal poison?

I'd really like to spend an evening over drinks or whatever debating with you, Analis. We would disagree on lots of things but you certainly raise some points of view I'd hardly even considered.

I'm finding it hard to believe anything right now.

But the very fact that they are stating they know the Russian Lab where the nerve agent would put any MI6 asset at risk.

I haven't read anything that says they know which lab it was made in. I've read rumours about about reports but not actually seen one so I'm doubtful about this.

At the very least any such intelligence should be examined by the Supreme Court to see if the Learned Lord & Ladies are satisfied as to it's veracity.

Give it a chance! It's only been a month.

'Absolutely categorical': Boris Johnson insists novichok was made in Russia

• The Foreign Office has deleted a tweet saying Porton Down confirmed the Salisbury novichok nerve agent was produced in Russia. (See 12.26pm.)
Foreign Office deletes tweet saying Porton Down confirmed Salisbury novichok produced in Russia

Russian Embassy, UK‏Verified account@RussianEmbassy

22 March: “Porton Down lab @dstlmod clearly established that the source of Salisbury toxic agent was Russia” 3 April: “ @dstlmod never had the task to establish the source of the toxic agent”

DZ7rvXSXkAAxvjF.jpg

DZ7rvXRXcAAiJM4.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-5ac4b872e4b0c253ca4b7544#liveblog-navigation

Boris is toast. I've defended him in the past but now he is looking like Billy Bunter.

Boris is toast. I've defended him in the past but now he is looking like Billy Bunter.

He won't be sacked.

If he appeared on The One Show enthusiastically doing unmentionable things to a gibbon whilst shooting baby giant pandas the refrain would still be "Well, y'know, Boris is Boris."

Becoming increasingly surreal. Russian ambassador now claims they never produced any Novichok anyway:

https://news.sky.com/story/russia-c...ng-over-salisbury-nerve-agent-attack-11317169

This despite interviews with scientist Leonid Rink, who says he worked on the Novichok programme in a facility in Saratov, Russia:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...id-rink-vladimir-uglev-the-bell-a8265626.html

As for Boris, his distortion of the Porton Down statement was very foolish and ought to herald his political demise I agree.
If, however, May kicked him out now, that would probably just give the Russian state more ammunition to complain about a conspiracy against them. So I suspect Boris will just get a private dressing down, be told to keep his gob shut and will be quietly removed at a later date.

I have no idea what to believe. After Blair & WMD would our government be so stupid as to manufacture an incident with such a huge opponent as Russia? If they are so monumentally stupid they are in big shit internationally. Russia's denial's looks, to me, like a fat kid with chocolate round his face denying that he's nicked someone else's chocolate. Are the sheer volume of suspicious deaths (some of which I've read about) of those who have upset Russia just a coincidence, or does Occam's Razor apply. I wonder if Putin has culpable deniability because it was done by some dodgy Russian element.

I don't believe a true False Flag. I absolutely believe that this happened, rather than being staged.

However, I have little doubt that the Tories have sought to capitalise on it, as an opportunity to present themselves as competent in light of the clusterfuck of a mess they are making Brexit and a dozen other things.

I also believe that Boris Johnson's assertion that this is 'unquestionably Russian government interference signed off by Putin himself' is utter proofless bollocks.

And Portman Down appear to agree with that.

He threw Putin's name into the equation in an attempt to get support from other EU nations and appear united with Europe despite Brexit. But the reality is that secret service operations by any country are very rarely signed off on by a head of state or elected leader.

Whoever authorised this will have done so believing the are acting in their Country's interests, and will not have left a paper trail.

Boris is guessing without proof. Yet again. And unfortunately without proof of the source of the nerve agent, the person who administered it and the source of the Orders he has nothing. Other than having aggravated Russia.

Last edited:

He won't be though. Theresa's May's central Brexiteers are essentially untouchable. They can fuck up anything beyond reproach (and will) but they will keep their jobs because of Brexit.

Absolutely shameful that no one considered the welfare of the poor animals;

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ea-pigs-die-police-sealed-house-salisbury-spy

Everyone knew there were pets for about three weeks now, it was a bit of a joke 'What happened to the pets?' but if the actual answer is that they were just left in the house to starve to death that is utterly disgusting.

Funny how the day after the Russian Foreign Minister asked why no update on the pets had been released suddenly we get an announcement from Britain that they died...

Everyone knew there were pets for about three weeks now, it was a bit of a joke 'What happened to the pets?' but if the actual answer is that they were just left in the house to starve to death that is utterly disgusting.

Funny how the day after the Russian Foreign Minister asked why no update on the pets had been released suddenly we get an announcement from Britain that they died...

Exactly. This news is the most upsetting thing I've heard recently. The Skripals were obviously animal lovers and finding out that their beloved pets were left to starve is hardly going to be conducive to their mental recovery.
My cat will howl if she isn't fed for a few hours. The thought of that beautiful long-haired cat starving for 3 weeks is just horrendous.

Did they invite the policeman in to eat some of that fish?

Maybe it tasted odd and they fed it to the pets?

I don't know what to believe but I do know our government looks like complete idiots to three quarters of the world.

No interviews with the policeman - maybe he bought his supper from the same shop.:tfoil:

Yes, i was in a rush going to work but was finishing typing before I went out and didn't re read what I'd written.

I'm reminded of how the CEO of Fusion GPS (The Steele Dossier) refused provide any more names during his testimony on the sources for the dossier, because the named people kept suddenly randomly dying...

It might explain why the Russians no longer manufacture it.

There are a lot of potential reasons. The most logical is this... If you were going to poison someone with a deadly nerve agent, would you get up nice and close and personal so you got a dose as well, given what you know to be true about the reliability of your nation's tech as a Russian agent? I wouldn't, it sounds like an op for suicidal idiots. That being said, there is a good chance that the dose or the delivery method were under strength for the murder opportunity, or possibly a wind dispersed a lot of the agent unexpectedly. I am a little surprised that the Russians haven't accused the ex-pats of trying to blacken the Russian nation's name through attempted suicide give the bullshit rhetoric that is flying atm.

Has any indication been given as to exactly when the animals were dealt with? I assume that the property was searched pretty soon after the Skripals were found. I'd hazard a guess that they were removed for toxicological examination quite early on in the investigation.

Okay,tinfoil hat on, but I have read that a military exercise was being conducted on Salisbury Plain at the same time as the murder attempt. If I remember correctly
, wasn't there similar claims made of military/ civil defence exercises going on during 9/11 and also at the time of the 2005 bus and tube attacks?

What difference is there between a so-called « barrel bomb » and an other kind of bomb, except that it is less effective. And no, they were not used on 'civilians', but on armed rebels, in areas usually already cleansed of civilians (by the same rebels).

It doesn't deserve an answer.

Your post is full of hypocrisy and inacurracy.

Assad's forces dropped barrel bombs from planes.
Over rebel held areas, but that is indiscriminate bombing, with no attempt to use guided weapons.

It is a feature of warfare that armed forces embed themselves in civilian buildings, and civilian casualties therefore occur.

But Assad is utterly different from Israeli forces who leaflet and phone buildings where terrorists are embedded, and use the rooftoop "knock-knock" bombs to tell people to get out, before launching lethal bombs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back