• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
A woman who fell asleep on a train woke to find a naked man sitting next to her.
Jenness Mitchell
Scotland reporter @Jenster13
Tuesday 25 April 2023 10:11, UK

British Transport Police (BTP) are treating the incident as "public indecency" and have appealed for witnesses to come forward in an effort to trace the suspect.

The woman was on a train between Polmont and Edinburgh Waverley at around 7.21am on 20 April.

The man later got dressed in black, putting on jogging bottoms, a t-shirt and walking boots before leaving the train at Edinburgh.

He is described as white, around 5ft 6in tall, of slim/medium build, and aged 65-70. He had short grey hair and a stubbly beard.

Source:
https://news.sky.com/story/woman-wakes-up-on-train-to-find-naked-man-sitting-next-to-her-12865872

I confess to being slightly curious as to whether he boarded naked or stripped while she dozed.

If you study history it's only relatively recently since nudity was linked to sexuality, clothes served a practical purpose at first, I guess you don't want your bits dangling about whilst you were cooking at an open fire or on the hunt, but we have sexlised the human body to such an extent now I doubt there is any turning back

A woman who fell asleep on a train woke to find a naked man sitting next to her.
Jenness Mitchell
Scotland reporter @Jenster13
Tuesday 25 April 2023 10:11, UK

British Transport Police (BTP) are treating the incident as "public indecency" and have appealed for witnesses to come forward in an effort to trace the suspect.

The woman was on a train between Polmont and Edinburgh Waverley at around 7.21am on 20 April.

The man later got dressed in black, putting on jogging bottoms, a t-shirt and walking boots before leaving the train at Edinburgh.

He is described as white, around 5ft 6in tall, of slim/medium build, and aged 65-70. He had short grey hair and a stubbly beard.

Source:
https://news.sky.com/story/woman-wakes-up-on-train-to-find-naked-man-sitting-next-to-her-12865872

I confess to being slightly curious as to whether he boarded naked or stripped while she dozed.
He stripped off on the train. It was all recorded on the CCTV.

A: I'd never allow myself to fall asleep on a train
B: It seems he made no attempt to touch the woman. It's seems he needs help from mental health experts.

The changing nudity culture that is German
by Tyler Cowen May 30, 2023 at 2:05 pm

Some while back, sunbathers in Germany, say on the river banks of a city, would be about 2/3 fully nude. Circa 2023, they are 100% wearing bathing suits or more.

I believe the causes here are threefold: a) a Woke/prudery effect, b) an international conformity effect, and c) a fear of being posted on social media or circulating as a jpeg effect. The increased number of migrants to Germany is possibly a fourth factor, especially when people go in groups.

https://marginalrevolution.com/marg...e-changing-nudity-culture-that-is-german.html

Some while back, sunbathers in Germany, say on the river banks of a city, would be about 2/3 fully nude. Circa 2023, they are 100% wearing bathing suits or more.

I believe the causes here are threefold: a) a Woke/prudery effect, b) an international conformity effect, and c) a fear of being posted on social media or circulating as a jpeg effect. The increased number of migrants to Germany is possibly a fourth factor, especially when people go in groups.

https://marginalrevolution.com/marg...e-changing-nudity-culture-that-is-german.html
Positively dangerous if the Sun's intensity is increasing I would have thought?

A: I'd never allow myself to fall asleep on a train
B: It seems he made no attempt to touch the woman. It's seems he needs help from mental health experts.
A. Loads of people sleep on trains if it's a long journey, say London to Glasgow. Some bring neck pillows and eye shades. They feel safe enough to do so especially on a busy service.
B. He chose to sit beside her so she'd see him when she woke up. That's extremely intimidating.

On my recent trips abroad there is a lot less toppless sunbathing going on than there was in the 90's the cover up trend has been going on for a few years now, it's quite rare nowadays, perhaps it's health awareness or it's just a bit pointless to tan the bits you are going to cover up for the rest of the year, of course in some countries it was never the done thing I never really saw anyone do in Mexico or Cuba and very rare in Southern Italy and Greece

I didn't understand some of the stuff going on these days, particularly the anti-sex stuff coming from apparently progressive folks, but this article certainly connected some interesting cultural dots for me, and the strange role that the animated show Voltron played in it all. I wouldn't be surprised if this is another of the many reasons for less nudity in Germany as well:

https://www.vox.com/culture/23733213/fandom-purity-culture-what-is-proship-antiship-antifandom

Puritanism took over online fandom — and then came for the rest of the internet

Puriteens, anti-fans, and the culture war’s most bonkers battleground.

How did the internet become so puritanical? On social media, outspoken anti-sex advocates increasingly cry “gross” at everything from R-rated rom-coms to fictional characters and queer people having sex to consenting adults with slight age gaps to dating short people. They see oversexualization in just about everything. They often accuse the things they dislike of being coded fronts for pedophilia, and the people who enjoy those things of being sexual predators. These social media users frequently form enclaves that turn as nightmarish and troubling as the things they’re ostensibly trying to police.

This dovetails with what we’re being told right now about Gen Z and sex: They’re having less casual sex, they hate dating, they’re more reserved about relationships in general. It’s easy to pigeonhole online anti-sex police as being teens and young adults, a.k.a. “puriteens.” Because so much of this comes down to carnal horror, you might assume that everyone who’s horrified is a teen who just hasn’t arrived at a mature view of sex and other adult activity. Such anti-sex zeal increasingly forces sex-positive communities back into the internet’s underground. It also aids and abets the larger cultural shift toward regressive attitudes and censorship of sexual minorities and sex-positive content.

Yet overwhelmingly, the common thread among this new generation of “antis” — a broad label for people who are opposed to sexual content in media — isn’t that they are minors who are scared of sex. It’s that none of them distinguish between fictional harm and real-world harm. That is, regardless of their ages, they believe fiction not only can have a real-world impact, but that it always has a real-world impact.

To understand how we got here, we have to look at the wellspring from which much of the internet’s creative impulses flow: online fandom, where superusers gather to celebrate, write fanfiction, and create fan art about the media and characters they love. On Tumblr and Twitter, where so much fandom discourse happens, this conversation about sexual content in media has spawned an entire movement called “anti-fandom.” In the wake of the 2018 passage of the internet child protection bill FOSTA-SESTA in the US, fandom’s proudly sex-positive culture has increasingly become sanitized, homogenized, and erased — which has allowed the puritanical voices of these “anti-fans” to take their place.

On my recent trips abroad there is a lot less toppless sunbathing going on than there was in the 90's the cover up trend has been going on for a few years now, it's quite rare nowadays, perhaps it's health awareness or it's just a bit pointless to tan the bits you are going to cover up for the rest of the year, of course in some countries it was never the done thing I never really saw anyone do in Mexico or Cuba and very rare in Southern Italy and Greece
I used to see topless women sunbathing on the beach where I live in North Norfolk when I moved here 15 years ago. I hadn't thought about that until I read your post (not that I go out perving with binoculars). Maybe the women visiting our beach 15 years ago were used to sunbathing on more exotic beaches instead?.

There are dedicated nude beaches in Australia. Not for me, as no-one needs/wants me nude outdoors (the reflected sunlight would blind people), also it involves going outside (sunlight hurts my rickets) and there are people out there (ewwww, people...).....

I must admit that my wife and I didn't bother with clothes when the temperature and other circumstances were such we didn't need them. For much of our lives together we lived in fairly isolated places so we didn't frighten anyone :)

I hate the way we seem to be developing a new form of puritanism, every bit as warped (though in different directions) as the Cromwellian one.

Judge not that ye be judged.

I think it's caused by camera phones. I haven't noticed any puritanism. There is a nudist beach nearby and that seems to have been taken over by men buggering each other.

I'd just thought it was to do with the awareness that too much sunlight isn't actually good for the skin but from reading the above there is obviously more to it than that. I tried reading the articles but just got baffled sigh ... just getting old I spose.

Naked, they lick the vegetables in the flower beds. In France, they're fighting over a grant for ecosexuals
18 June 2023 19:39
The French art group Lundy Grandpré is promoting ecosexualism through its performances in the gardens of Lyon. At the instigation of the local vice-mayor for culture, the group is now applying to the city for a grant for their nude performances. However, the mayor of Lyon's second arrondissement, Pierre Oliver, has called it a militant and ideological use of public money.

The Lundy Grandpré association, which is a supporter of ecosexuality, offers parades of its naked members in the gardens of Lyon. According to some witnesses, this is done with the participation of children.

"The garden is a space for subverting established norms. Here we kiss plants and share herbal teas. The garden is where we awaken our bodies to the joy of practice and ecosexual thinking," the association describes the experience of its performances.

According to LyonMag magazine, the city now wants to vote a grant for their performances at the instigation of the vice-mayor for culture, Nathalie Perrin-Gilbert.

The mayor of the second district, Pierre Oliver, has strongly objected. "The city of Lyon and its mayor, Gregory Doucet, have cut 37 cultural subsidies in order to fund naked individuals dancing in the garden in front of children. Militant and extremist use of the budget no longer has any limits. Neither does indecency," Oliver condemns the association.

Ecosexuality is a concept promoted by activists Annie Sprinkle and Beth Stephens. According to their website, it is "a new approach to current thinking about global environmental crises". "See nature as your lover and your lover's lover. Not as your mother. This is the essence of ecosexuality and something our planet needs right now," the pair proclaim.

Source: https://www.idnes.cz/zpravy/zahrani...ze-grant-mesto.A230615_141654_zahranicni_pitt

1704230709598.png

I didn't understand some of the stuff going on these days, particularly the anti-sex stuff coming from apparently progressive folks, but this article certainly connected some interesting cultural dots for me, and the strange role that the animated show Voltron played in it all. I wouldn't be surprised if this is another of the many reasons for less nudity in Germany as well:

https://www.vox.com/culture/23733213/fandom-purity-culture-what-is-proship-antiship-antifandom

Oh, these young folk and their prudery!

Yuck!

From the local paper, rest behind paywall:

Naked mental health patient walked through his garden, for Daan the measure is full: 'Causes anxiety, something has to change'
One police car after another tears through his street. Moments later, Daan Compier from Poortugaal finds out why: a mental health patient on the run from the police has ended up stark naked in his front garden. He can now laugh at the unusual scene, but it does not make him and his family feel safe. "One time this will end badly."

1705148102680.png

https://t.co/ukXFAdolCn

Back in the 80's, nudist beaches seemed to be a 'thing'. Even in my town on the north coast of Kent, they 'allocated' a stretch of low-lying salt marsh/shingle beach. Very popular ... with the youth of the town going for a look for nekkid wummin.
No one local was loony enough to brave frostbite to 'sunbathe' in the nude.

Naked man - Florida Airport

Ft Lauderdale.

Martin Evtimov can be seen nonchalantly walking through the check-in lanes of Terminal 1 as passengers swerve out of the naked man’s path on footage shot inside the airport.

Court documents shows he was handed a slew of charges relating to his stroll through the airport including resisting arrest with violence, battery on law enforcement (two times) and exposure of sexual organs.

He was also charged with misdemeanour disorderly conduct and disorderly intoxication and was booked into Broward County Jail on a $3,500 bond. He was also banned from returning to FLL.

1707321210559.png

Back