• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Photos You Need To Really Look At To Understand

Yep "The proper stuff" is allways in either smallish jars or smallish tins. That stuff is possibly American style mustard known either as "Frenches" or "Grey Poupon".

Or as a very extreme guess, it could also be a container of waxy, melted, plastic cheesey substance. :eek: :puke2:

Last edited:
Yep "The proper stuff" is allways in either smallish jars or smallish tins. That stuff is possibly American style mustard known either as "Frenches" or "Grey Poupon".

Or as a very extreme guess, it could also be a container of waxy, melted, plastic cheesey substance. :eek: :puke2:
Well, SOMEONE doesn't know their American mustards! :omr:

The yellow mustard that is standard throughout much of the U.S.A. is a mild variety once known as cream salad mustard. The original brand is French's, not Frenches - named after a man, not a country - and the company was purchased by Colman in the 1920s. So, in a way, it is Colman's. (Colman and the division that contains French's have both acquired and been acquired by other companies in the ongoing saga of multinational brand names.)

Grey Poupon's flagship variety is very different stuff, originating in France (but having nothing to do with French's). It's Dijon style, made with white wine, and by no means mainstream in America. It enjoyed some popularity in the late 20th century due to an ad campaign that created a pseudo-posh image about it. While I think it does look a bit grey compared to other mustards, the name is based on the people who first sold it.

Personally, I don't care much for either.

Grey Poupon's flagship variety is very different stuff, originating in France (but having nothing to do with French's). It's Dijon style, made with white wine, and by no means mainstream in America. It enjoyed some popularity in the late 20th century due to an ad campaign that created a pseudo-posh image about it. While I think it does look a bit grey compared to other mustards, the name is based on the people who first sold it.
I won't ask about the 'Poupon' bit.

SmartSelect_20220713-211821_Gallery.jpg

Hilco Fransooijs from Oud-Beijerland, The Netherlands took this picture from his back garden.

Look closely at Scott Morrison's left hand.

It becomes clearer when you see additional snapshots taken within seconds and from different angles. This is a rare case in which multiple shots taken in rapid succession are available.

images.jpeg
5c807e4ceb33f3ff9d53db280e1cfba1.jpeg

Never got the actual story on this one, take a look behind the pillow on the couch:

View attachment 57215

I saw one posted years back and I couldn't see anything, but I was new to the site I was on and was too shy to ask. So I would go back maybe every other day and take a long look at it hoping to find what everyone was so impressed by. It honestly took quite awhile before I finally saw it and then I wished I hadn't because it freaked me out so bad. I actually lost sleep and it took me just as long to get over it as it did to find it. :hahazebs:

I saw one posted years back and I couldn't see anything, but I was new to the site I was on and was too shy to ask. So I would go back maybe every other day and take a long look at it hoping to find what everyone was so impressed by. It honestly took quite awhile before I finally saw it and then I wished I hadn't because it freaked me out so bad. I actually lost sleep and it took me just as long to get over it as it did to find it. :hahazebs:
Same here! I couldn't figure it out for the longest, had no idea what everyone was on about! LOL

Pig or sheep in the straw - odd overhead angle but I guess that's what makes it fun.

Next to the window, if it is a window, you can see a snout and two ears.
I’ll have to take your word for it - I’m not seeing either a snout or ears.. Possible window yes, although I’m not convinced on that either..

Same with pig or sheep.

I’ll have to take your word for it - I’m not seeing either a snout or ears.. Possible window yes, although I’m not convinced on that either..

Same with pig or sheep.
The, umm, rim is an illusion caused by the ears, one pointing upwards and one pointing downwards from the, err, shaft. To the left is the main bulk of the body, with the snout pointing to the right. Not sure what animal it is, perhaps a pig.

The, umm, rim is an illusion caused by the ears, one pointing upwards and one pointing downwards from the, err, shaft. To the left is the main bulk of the body, with the snout pointing to the right. Not sure what animal it is, perhaps a pig.
Rim? Shaft? Ears? Snout? My powers of visualisation aren’t up to it. I’ll need arrows to illustrate. I can see it’s probably part of a larger image cropped for humorous purposes but..

Back