• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Photos You Need To Really Look At To Understand

Oooooh ... That's a really good anomalous photo! :clap:

For archival purposes, here's the full photo ...

And here's an excerpt of the anomalous part ...

Tricky one to fathom out... but got there!
Strange Photo.jpg

Another oddity is why the right post of what looks to be an unfinished petrol station doesn't continue in front of the 'fuel dispenser'. On first glance it looks like the woman on the bike is blowing into it.
(Couldn't find away to delete quote box above)

Another oddity is why the right post of what looks to be an unfinished petrol station doesn't continue in front of the 'fuel dispenser'. On first glance it looks like the woman on the bike is blowing into it.
(Couldn't find away to delete quote box above)
I know - it does look a bit "odd," but it's not really, as if you look you can see the stanchion disappears right behind the petrol pump unit. :sshot: Seems to be that our brains (what's left of them these days) tell us that the purple-coloured stanchion doesn't conform to what normal expectations should see!
1665313752712.jpeg

Er, you mean hurricane-demolished petrol station? And not the cleverest place to be stood under either.

Indeed!
Must admit that I never really got this one and the potentially risky position of the woman in the blue top was the only thing that I found at all odd about the photo.

Indeed!
Must admit that I never really got this one and the potentially risky position of the woman in the blue top was the only thing that I found at all odd about the photo.
"Move along please . . . nothing to see here!" :popc:

What else is there to do in a place like that?
But at least they're hanging out with each other in a sociable way, and not staring inanely at their telephones.

That took the longest time to work out because I saw five bottles for the first half dozen times I viewed it.

That's pretty striking. First thing I always do with something like this is turn the image round. More often than not reality slips into place and then you can only see that reality even once it's back in its original position.

In this image, even though I saw the 'real' thing within a couple of seconds of turning it sideways, I can't see it at all when it's back in its original position.

Oh! This startled me because it reminds me of that poor, strange little creature located in an old farmhouse wall in one of Nigel Kneale's 'Beasts'. The one called 'Baby'. Definitely a series for Forteans if ever there was one, can highly recommend! I have most of them in a folder on youtube. My favourite was 'Special Offer' featuring a very young, sexually frustrated Pauline Quirke, just fabulous.

Screenshot 2022-11-06 at 11.04.58.png

That's pretty striking. First thing I always do with something like this is turn the image round. More often than not reality slips into place and then you can only see that reality even once it's back in its original position.

In this image, even though I saw the 'real' thing within a couple of seconds of turning it sideways, I can't see it at all when it's back in its original position. (Spookdaddy's post)

Ah I used to have a cute chihuahua. This pic didn't fool me once:)

Last edited:
Oh! This startled me because it reminds me of that poor, strange little creature located in an old farmhouse wall in one of Nigel Kneale's 'Beasts'. The one called 'Baby'. Definitely a series for Forteans if ever there was one, can highly recommend! I have most of them in a folder on youtube. My favourite was 'Special Offer' featuring a very young, sexually frustrated Pauline Quirke, just fabulous.

View attachment 60525
The young Mrs Barnaby... though having read about this, this is something that I really should watch.

The young Mrs Barnaby... though having read about this, this is something that I really should watch.
Definitely do, some are better than others, but 'after barty's party' is quite terrifying (if a bit dated now, but that's good, i like dated) :)
And yes, Joyce Barnaby, lovely woman, her husband in this is insufferable though.

In this image, even though I saw the 'real' thing within a couple of seconds of turning it sideways, I can't see it at all when it's back in its original position.
Yes. That lower ear that looks like a 'mouth with a tongue' really does not go away for me even though I know the reality.

Ha! I was just thinking that she didn't look much like Pauline Quirke, but did remind me of someone else. Jane Wymark, of course, thanks for saving me from Googling!

Back