• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Photos You Need To Really Look At To Understand

Oh! This startled me because it reminds me of that poor, strange little creature located in an old farmhouse wall in one of Nigel Kneale's 'Beasts'. The one called 'Baby'. Definitely a series for Forteans if ever there was one, can highly recommend! I have most of them in a folder on youtube. My favourite was 'Special Offer' featuring a very young, sexually frustrated Pauline Quirke, just fabulous.

View attachment 60525
I've done the rotating thing and zooming in and out but I still can't see it. Help!!!

I've done the rotating thing and zooming in and out but I still can't see it. Help!!!
Easier to see the pup's face from this angle, it is twisting it's head around, nose to the right. (if you cut the ear off it all comes together!)

Screenshot 2022-11-13 at 02.20.49.png

Yes and the other one's pipes/waste are exposed too. They must have a thing for showing off the workings.
Plumbing as art.
Far be it from me to critise dodgy electrics, but I'm sure that the sockets should be higher up from the worktop and that one on the right is too close to the sink I would say.
Yes, I'd think it was awkward to plug anything in. But the regs seem to change frequently. Probably OK if they were installed before 4
3. p.m. on 7th Jan 2021 or somesuch. Anyway saves dropping the toaster in the bath.
That looks like a very annoying and impractical kitchen. Why is there a drawer that pulls out across a worktop? It'll get scratched to buggery.
Quick way of clearing the worktop, especially of hot items you don't want to pick up? In what other kitchen can you lob things into the sink from a height? I have to stand on a chair to do that in ours.

Plumbing as art.

Yes, I'd think it was awkward to plug anything in. But the regs seem to change frequently. Probably OK if they were installed before 4
3. p.m. on 7th Jan 2021 or somesuch. Anyway saves dropping the toaster in the bath.
True. Not long ago you could only have a string pull-cord in a bathroom, not a switch - but I'm sure the heights of sockets changed a good while ago. And the rule used to be that you shouldn't be able to touch a tap and socket/light at the same time. This is often imprcatical in many houses though. In ours you certainly can.

What a strange house. Someone seems to have gone to considerable trouble to put bricks in the kitchen for some reason. Working on the plumbing looks like it would be a lot of fun. Something tells me there has been no baking done in that kitchen. Brick is a pretty awful material for a backsplash. Overall, the place looks like a jumble of details, some interesting and some very odd, spread across as many levels as possible.

That floor looks like it might be slate. Of course there are tile products that look like slate. I like slate floors but that one doesn't seem to go with anything else in the kitchen. It's like it wandered in from some other place.

I don't mind tile in bathrooms, but don't want it in a kitchen. Ms Popper does not like cold floors, so we have never installed any tile anywhere. We have tile on our kitchen floor at the moment, since it was there when we bought the place and we haven't overhauled the kitchen yet. We put rugs over it, also not ideal for a kitchen floor but at least it's not so cold and our old dog can navigate safely. We live in a cold place in the Rockies, but then I have not put any socks on yet today and it's snowing outside. I'm sitting around with bare feet, complaining about the cold.

That floor looks like it might be slate. Of course there are tile products that look like slate. I like slate floors but that one doesn't seem to go with anything else in the kitchen. It's like it wandered in from some other place.

I don't mind tile in bathrooms, but don't want it in a kitchen. Ms Popper does not like cold floors, so we have never installed any tile anywhere. We have tile on our kitchen floor at the moment, since it was there when we bought the place and we haven't overhauled the kitchen yet. We put rugs over it, also not ideal for a kitchen floor but at least it's not so cold and our old dog can navigate safely. We live in a cold place in the Rockies, but then I have not put any socks on yet today and it's snowing outside. I'm sitting around with bare feet, complaining about the cold.
Loving your very astute avatar. :cool:

Heh. I ran across that somewhere on the interwebz, and saved it. Recently, while looking for something new for my avatar, I found it and said yes, that's it. The next thing I found here was a post from our beloved Scargy, who had been far too scarce. Welcome back!

Back