SOURCE: https://www.apnews.com/13c0fdaad9424fd388a0be8a1ad4a80bWoman shot when dog jumps onto car console, causes gunfire
An Oklahoma woman was shot in the thigh when a dog inside the vehicle with her jumped onto a back seat console, causing a gun under the console to fire.
The Enid News & Eagle reports that Tina Springer was in the passenger seat of the vehicle that had stopped Thursday to wait for a train in Enid in northern Oklahoma. The yellow Labrador retriever, which belongs to the 79-year-old driver Brent Parks, was in the back seat and jumped onto the folding console. That’s when the .22-caliber handgun under the console went off.
Police say cloth from the seat covers could have gotten into the trigger well of the gun, making it discharge.
The 44-year-old Springer, who lives in Nash, Oklahoma, and is Parks’ caretaker, was taken to a hospital for treatment.
Police say Parks told them the gun isn’t usually loaded.
It makes no difference who's posted it. If I don't know what it's about I don't click.jeez.... it did come from Yith ffs.... If we can't click on those, what can we click on?
Swallowing too-hot food can have serious consequences long-term but this happened in hours.The 51-year-old was leaving the wedding venue he managed in Chorley, Lancashire, when he was asked to try a fishcake by one of the chefs.
The food burnt the back of his throat, causing his voice box to swell over the hours that followed and ultimately stopping him from breathing.
So that's me not wolfing down hot food any more.Dr Patrick Waugh, the pathologist who performed Mr Hickey's post-mortem, told Bolton Corner's Court the case was very rare.
"He's had hot food and stated, 'I've burned my throat'. Then there's pain and he would have had difficulty swallowing because of the pain and then he would have had more swelling which would have made it difficult to breathe or swallow," he said.
"Basically, we normally see this scenario in people who are involved in house fires with inhalation of smoke which burns the airways or in industrial accidents with hot steam.
"The patient can appear well, they will be talking to you, but then the swelling starts."
Happened to me years ago. I was looking at something to my side as I walked along and I fell onto the large wooden bollard. Knocked the wind out of me. I take more care these days.About 25 years ago, coming out of the Town End an PNE's football ground, you exited into a narrowish passage, sandwiched by the TA building next door. This led onto the car park.
the passage was crowded with people and we were all filtering out, in a rather squashed fashion. Everyone flowed around a couple of bollards like water around a boulder, except me of course. I was too busy talking to a mate, hit the bollard, fell, body straight, over the bollard and landed on my back on the other side.