Ridiculous Accidents

dejanmikic

Ephemeral Spectre
Not sure if this is classed as a accident or not, I do wounder what the rider was on,
watch right to the end I do like the end were he disappears then the big splash.
don't think it is the same guy....

Last edited by a moderator:

IbisNibs

Exotic animal, sort of . . .
It does look like a comedy skit—except for the camera angle. Hard to imagine the guy didn't get injured at the end. The pipe looks pretty deep. I found it a bit disturbing.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Woman shot when dog jumps onto car console, causes gunfire

An Oklahoma woman was shot in the thigh when a dog inside the vehicle with her jumped onto a back seat console, causing a gun under the console to fire.

The Enid News & Eagle reports that Tina Springer was in the passenger seat of the vehicle that had stopped Thursday to wait for a train in Enid in northern Oklahoma. The yellow Labrador retriever, which belongs to the 79-year-old driver Brent Parks, was in the back seat and jumped onto the folding console. That’s when the .22-caliber handgun under the console went off.

Police say cloth from the seat covers could have gotten into the trigger well of the gun, making it discharge.

The 44-year-old Springer, who lives in Nash, Oklahoma, and is Parks’ caretaker, was taken to a hospital for treatment.

Police say Parks told them the gun isn’t usually loaded.
SOURCE: https://www.apnews.com/13c0fdaad9424fd388a0be8a1ad4a80b

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
jeez.... it did come from Yith ffs.... If we can't click on those, what can we click on?
It makes no difference who's posted it. If I don't know what it's about I don't click.

If I want people to look at a link I explain what it's about and why it's interesting. I don't expect people to just take my word for it.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
This could be a Strange Death but I've put it here because the cause of death was something so apparently trivial.

Man dies after burning his throat on a hot fishcake he was sampling for chef

The 51-year-old was leaving the wedding venue he managed in Chorley, Lancashire, when he was asked to try a fishcake by one of the chefs.

The food burnt the back of his throat, causing his voice box to swell over the hours that followed and ultimately stopping him from breathing.
Swallowing too-hot food can have serious consequences long-term but this happened in hours.
Dr Patrick Waugh, the pathologist who performed Mr Hickey's post-mortem, told Bolton Corner's Court the case was very rare.
"He's had hot food and stated, 'I've burned my throat'. Then there's pain and he would have had difficulty swallowing because of the pain and then he would have had more swelling which would have made it difficult to breathe or swallow," he said.

"Basically, we normally see this scenario in people who are involved in house fires with inhalation of smoke which burns the airways or in industrial accidents with hot steam.

"The patient can appear well, they will be talking to you, but then the swelling starts."
So that's me not wolfing down hot food any more.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Mine was in a yard at the back of a pub, the gates were held back by an iron bar,it was propped up under a fire escape cause the gates were closed, and the dogs came out and started fighting under the fire escape, so i went to stop them, they hit the bar, now i am about 5.4, the bar was higher, it slowly dropped forward and landed on my head, i didn't get knocked out but i had a nice dent on my head, i think that is where i got my tinnitus from

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
My most stupid one was decades ago. I'd bought a flat with an electric cooker with a ring that wouldn't turn off. So I thought, hmm, I could sort that. Unplugged it at the mains, looked at how to safely disconnect the ring so that I could use the rest of the rings. And then, at some point, I must have turned it on again and directly touched the half-inch thick mains cable. It threw me across the room, but being 30 and fit and healtyh I had no more than a cut finger from the cable. Not sure a youngster or old person would have been quite so well. Hadn't even had a glass of wine, either...

Spudrick68

Justified & Ancient
About 25 years ago, coming out of the Town End an PNE's football ground, you exited into a narrowish passage, sandwiched by the TA building next door. This led onto the car park.

the passage was crowded with people and we were all filtering out, in a rather squashed fashion. Everyone flowed around a couple of bollards like water around a boulder, except me of course. I was too busy talking to a mate, hit the bollard, fell, body straight, over the bollard and landed on my back on the other side.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
About 25 years ago, coming out of the Town End an PNE's football ground, you exited into a narrowish passage, sandwiched by the TA building next door. This led onto the car park.

the passage was crowded with people and we were all filtering out, in a rather squashed fashion. Everyone flowed around a couple of bollards like water around a boulder, except me of course. I was too busy talking to a mate, hit the bollard, fell, body straight, over the bollard and landed on my back on the other side.
Happened to me years ago. I was looking at something to my side as I walked along and I fell onto the large wooden bollard. Knocked the wind out of me. I take more care these days.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
So, she wrecked his stall , then went and stole 6 eggs, hope she see's that and has the decency to offer him something towards the damage