Satanic Abuse Rumbles On?

eburacum

Papo-furado
Trouble is, even if there hasn't been any satanic abuse in the past, these newspaper stories provide juicy details that other people can incorporate into their copycat cults.

Sabresonic

Abominable Snowman
Trouble is, even if there hasn't been any satanic abuse in the past, these newspaper stories provide juicy details that other people can incorporate into their copycat cults.
I agree..always remember the Elton John Rent Boy scandal with photos..it did happen in my eyes but for Elton won some damages.
Rent Boy ....never hear that term now it was like a cult of its own.

JahaRa

Ephemeral Spectre
I understand what you're saying, but calling such conflicting dualism (duplicity?) "bipolar" (a la clinical psychology) is frankly off the mark.

A clinically "bipolar" God would alternate between hyperactive intervention and sulking withdrawal rather than permanently threatening destruction, death, and / or eternal damnation while claiming benevolent love.

Passive - aggressive? Maybe (though not a recognized clinical category any more). Bipolar? Nope ...
As I said, exactly what is described in the bible.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
As I said, exactly what is described in the bible.

But not, as EnolaGaia says, BiPolar.

I repeat:

Using the name of a medical condition as shorthand for undesirable features is shoddy and lazy.

Using it wrongly is incompetent.

If you are BP, that only gives you the right to use the term of abuse about yourself.