• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Hey, it's goodbye Tilly! Sorry to the three people who didn't find the character annoying, but I won't miss her, it was like having Bungle from Rainbow in Star Trek (though less furry). Considering how quickly she laughed off the death of a crewmember under her command, maybe it's best she went.

Never mind Pluto, if you don't want ads Disco is on Amazon Prime Video now, twenty quid for season 4. I've been watching it and, it's sort of OK, but I think I see the problem, when ST:TNG was on they had a therapist on the bridge of the Enterprise and many scoffed at that. Now with Disco... they're all therapists! It's very Californian. Getting tired of so many teary smiles of encouragement, and we're only on episode 3.
I got sick and tired of them pathetically crying all time over nothing and then stating their pronouns in the last series. I can’t access the new series except by money… which is pretty much of a fucking stretch considering how I’ve been giving this a descending graph line since it started.

Hey, it's goodbye Tilly! Sorry to the three people who didn't find the character annoying, but I won't miss her, it was like having Bungle from Rainbow in Star Trek (though less furry). Considering how quickly she laughed off the death of a crewmember under her command, maybe it's best she went.
Has she gone then? No great loss. Evil Tilly was funnier.

I stopped after the first 2 seasons but is this the character who didn't seem like officer material but people kept saying they had faith in her? Is she the first departure among the leads to "pursue other opportunities ( translation: and not be type-cast)?" Most of the people who took that route never did see better opportunities and are still remembered most for their work on ST. Crosby, the Trill person...

I got sick and tired of them pathetically crying all time over nothing and then stating their pronouns in the last series. I can’t access the new series except by money… which is pretty much of a fucking stretch considering how I’ve been giving this a descending graph line since it started.

It can be found online ...

Has she gone then? No great loss. Evil Tilly was funnier.

I often think a Star Trek Mirror Universe show is a really good idea. Anyway, as far as I know Mary Wiseman has left the spaceship. She was a bit long in the tooth to be playing the ingenue, I suppose.

I stopped after the first 2 seasons but is this the character who didn't seem like officer material but people kept saying they had faith in her? Is she the first departure among the leads to "pursue other opportunities ( translation: and not be type-cast)?" Most of the people who took that route never did see better opportunities and are still remembered most for their work on ST. Crosby, the Trill person...

Tilly was the lady with the curly ginger hair who had to be bigged up at least once an episode. No, not the first to leave, there's been a few, most prominently Michelle Yeoh.

I often think a Star Trek Mirror Universe show is a really good idea.
You’re confusing a ‘really good idea‘ with an idea that was done before in TOS back in the day. THEN, it was an interesting concept. Now, the show is a lazy stream of current forced-acceptable pc tropes that switch character genders and fiddle around with modern ideas of sexuality rather than creating a bold, new exploration of ideas other than slightly confused women looking ‘strong’ (and then crying) and brave in danger (with gay guys crying).
Tilly and her fan club were the worst. I can only hope it was a quick but grisly and painful death.

Tilly was the lady with the curly ginger hair who had to be bigged up at least once an episode. No, not the first to leave, there's been a few, most prominently Michelle Yeoh.
Yes I remember her leaving but I had the impression she would return on and off?

Tilly was alright but I did not need more of the invisible gay kid. This season is a lot of talking and emoting, little exploration.

Bungle was busy guesting in Doctor Who.

Tilly will be no loss. Just a shame Michael isn't joining her.
The character I liked best - Phillipa went far too soon.

Last edited:
Will subscribe to Paramount when it becomes available in the UK, but in the meantime won't be paying out just to see Discovery now. We got a rescue dog called Tilly before Discovery started. We've always named our pets after Star Trek, latest additions are Romulus and Deanna Troi. So was really happy when Discovery had a Tilly...mine's still here though.

Screenrant's analysis of all 9 ST series from least to most popular:

https://screenrant.com/star-trek-tv-series-tos-tng-ds9-voyager-ratings/

9th: Lower Decks
8th: The Animated Series
7th: Enterprise
6th: Voyager
5th: Discovery
4th: Picard
3rd: The Original Series
2nd: Deep Space Nine
1st: The Next Generation

Pretty well agree with the top 4, but would put Enterprise ahead of Voyager and Discovery.
Wouldn't mind revisiting the Animated Series, as the few I can recall weren't as bad as all that.

Screenrant's analysis of all 9 ST series from least to most popular:

https://screenrant.com/star-trek-tv-series-tos-tng-ds9-voyager-ratings/

9th: Lower Decks
8th: The Animated Series
7th: Enterprise
6th: Voyager
5th: Discovery
4th: Picard
3rd: The Original Series
2nd: Deep Space Nine
1st: The Next Generation

Pretty well agree with the top 4, but would put Enterprise ahead of Voyager and Discovery.
Wouldn't mind revisiting the Animated Series, as the few I can recall weren't as bad as all that.

That's way too low for Lower Decks, it's a lot better than Discovery or Picard.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it or not, but my son (25) told me, some few months ago, that he had only just discovered Star Trek, and was watching them from the very start of 'The Original Series', in the order that they were first broadcast.
Well, I visited him on the Monday before Christmas, and managed to get onto the subject.
He liked TOS, but commented on how dated it seemed, but I pointed out that it was indeed made in the 1960s, and that this was the first time a series had been made that was essentially "A 'wild west' story in space".
Then it was TNG which he had watched it all. He wasn't that impressed with it TBH, and found it was 'mainly beige', and a bit slow, and really showing itself as a product of the late 80s in it's scripts, subject matter and design.
Then I was surprised to hear that he enjoyed DS9 as it had a lot of variety to it's storylines. Not something that ever made an impression on me.
So now he's just getting into Voyager. "I'm at the bit where 7 of 9 has just joined them..." he said.
"I think you'll enjoy this then" I replied.

Oh and we haven't discussed any of the films.
I'd be interested in his view of ST:IV The Voyage Home.
(Nuclee-ar Wessels)

Caught up with ST: Disco, and they've ditched another character, Gray, the creepy guy who did nothing but follow Adira around telling them they were the bee's knees. Having fulfilled that function and absolutely no others, they've booted him out. It's almost as if tokenism isn't worth much and actually writing proper, convincing characters is hard work.

I read a criticism of this saying nobody on the Discovery except Saru has evolved past adolescence, and it's true, they're unbelievably self-centred and "What about meeeeeeeeeeeee???????!!!" It's not much to build a show on. Captain Kirk wouldn't tolerate this! He'd have kicked the anomaly's ass in about fifty minutes and still found time to share a joke with Spock and Bones at the end.

I love Star Trek.
w84dm.jpg

On Discovery, even the computer is now an emotional wreck.

ST Strange New Worlds only 3 months to launch.

Fingers crossed that it's a bit less miserable than Discovery.
Even Spock seems to be cracking a half-smile in this publicity shot.

stsnw.png

Last edited:
I like Pike. I'm not sure I want to see kid versions of the other characters from TOS though.
It would appear that the Starfleet Academy series is now also going ahead.

I like Pike. I'm not sure I want to see kid versions of the other characters from TOS though.
It would appear that the Starfleet Academy series is now also going ahead.

Not TOS, but we've seen Picard in his prime and when he's drawing his Starfleet pension, so there may be some entertainment value from when Jean-Luc was a young tearaway.

Back